NEurope

Can't understand why we don't have a 'general discussion' thread for our lovely Wii console so here is one.

A good place to put random Wii info and chatter.

(Plus the 360 one has over a 1000 pages and there was a thought that a Wii one would get more pages....)

Time will tell if we need this or not...at this moment in time it seems like a good idea! POST AWAY!

: peace:

Edited by Retro_Link

I think it's a good idea to have this. Anyways, I haven't played my Wii properly in ages. I bought de Blob and shelved it and I'm trying to off load it. Not exactly the game I thought it'd be but at least I gave it a try. Mostly been playing GC games on my Wii. Really need to get back into WiiWare as well. Just trying to decide whether or not to get Disaster tomorrow or wait awhile as my 360 will be getting returned soon so I might get something on there.

It's weird to think that at this time last year we had SMG and MP3 and to be fair, we have had good Wii games this year from Nintendo but really the xmas period is lacking that killer app to compete with the likes of Fallout 3 and LittleBigPlanet, although I can see Wii Music selling loads here in the UK when it's released. Really looking forward to next year's line-up. Hopefully, NoE will announce Sin and Punishment 2 for a european launch.

If it keeps the Wii forum as organized as the Other Consoles one then it's more than welcome in my eyes.

Also, I hope that in years to come I'll look back on this and point out that I posted on the first page of the thread. Aww yeeeah.

I just presumed the 360 general was to fit everything in really and this whole board was for the various Wii issues. This may save a few new threads though :)

I'm still loving the wii though, and although I'm very disappointed with Nintendos xmas offerings, I'm still getting more Wii games than I am PS3/360 combined!!

I'm playing on my Wii loads atm, probably the most since I owned it. I just keep going back to Mario Kart and Guitar Hero especially whilst throwing in a little Tiger Woods and some Bomberman Blast.

There's loads of stuff I want to play still but haven't - Okami, Trauma Centre, Zack and Wiki and Super Mario RPG in particular.

The only thing that bugs me atm is that I don't have a game that I'm playing properly competitively. I'm sort of heading that way with Mario Kart and looking at more "hardcore" tournaments and stuff. Smash could have been that game if it wasn't so bloody laggy half the time. Still, maybe CoD 5 will take off on Wii (hah, no chance of that really I know) or I could pursue GH4 or something.

Why don't you think CoD5 will take off on Wii? I think it will. I'm really looking forward to it. And you have to get stuck into Zack and Wicki (well all of the games you mentioned actually).

I'd be interested to know what people will multiple consoles think of how things are. Which do people prefer, which excites people more etc. We have them all and I prefer the Wii (which probably won't surprise anyone); I'm completely and utterly jaded by what the next gen games offer. Yeah some of them are amazing and on some levels it has a more accomplished experience, but there's something about the damn wiimote that I just love!

The 360 has one, cant see why teh Wii can't have one :D

Im not playing my Wii much, abit of No More Heroes, Guitar Hero 3 (can't wait till WT :D) and Tiger Woods

I'm not playing much either. :( I bought Okami in July, started it, played 8 hours and loved every minute and then 2 months went by until I picked it up again...! Work and other stuff got in the way. Now it's been 3 days since last I played it, I'm still tuned into the game, have not lost my way yet. And I hope I don't.

I'm at the part where you have to find 5 warrior dogs in a village.

Yesterday, I was looking up on Tomb Raider Underworld. Saw all the videos at IGN and liked what I saw. I own TR: Anniversary and loved the game so if Underworld keeps in the same spirit true to the saga (ie, mood and environments, rather than combat shoot-em-up) I will pick it up.

Thing is, I am planning to buy a 360 this year still, so I will probably end up buying TR Underworld for that, and not for Wii.

As long as this doesn't quieten down the other threads in here or take away from the creation of other threads. I always thought there was an "Xbox 360 General Discussion" etc because Other Consoles isn't an Xbox specific forum... whereas this is a Wii forum, meaning this whole thing is essentially a Wii General Discussion.

I always thought the Other Consoles board had one because no-one could be arsed to make game threads. It surprised me that there wasn't a Dead Space one until half a week after the game came out...

. Still, maybe CoD 5 will take off on Wii (hah, no chance of that really I know)

You're so right, but it doesn't matter. BWii never really "took off", but it still didn't stop me spending dozens of hours online pwning you lot (Sorry Tales, MadDog) and scores of strangers. CoD:WaW will be that next title for me, and I'm going to move heaven and earth to make sure I play/beat at least one of you hooligans.

^ that sounds like a challenge. I'm almost tempted to get hold of the game on the Wii when it comes out to take you up on it. But if I'm going to get it, I'll probably get it on 360 (although I've decided with the amount of games that I'll be getting hold of over the next few weeks, that I'll probably give it a miss until after xmas).

@ dazzybee's question on multiple consoles, although I don't own a PS3, I do own both the Wii and a 360. So far, I've had them for equal amounts of time but I've put more time in on the 360 (Oblivion just ate up so much time). I think the main reason, for me anyway, is because of a shift in my gaming perspective. Ok, I still play my Wii and enjoy playing new things but recently, I've sort of moved away from the whole motion control thing and just want to play something that controls well. All of the 3rd party games worth having have been better on the 360 compared to their Wii counterparts (the odd exception being something like PES). I think that it's just that there is a wide range of games available on the other consoles. Don't get me wrong, the Wii has a very good selection of titles but it seems as though it is being saturated, like the DS, with terrible licenses (things like Petz, Big Brain Academy). Yes, the other consoles are saturated with different types of games, such as shooters, but the majority are decent enough.

I'm not in the least bit disappointed so far with the Wii's game list. We've had some really great games and we'll continue to get more. Just a little disappointed in this xmas' offerings. All the games I want for xmas are on the 360. Whereas last year, it was all Wii games.

I always thought the Other Consoles board had one because no-one could be arsed to make game threads. It surprised me that there wasn't a Dead Space one until half a week after the game came out...

Dead Space didnt come out until today, not last week.

Eh. I don't keep up with AAA games at this time of the year. Publishers are in idiot season when it comes to release dates.

can i put this news here?

from CVG Interview: Masachika Kawata

"Resident Evil 5 looks superficially similar to Resi 4; what's been improved here?

Kawata: First of all, and quite obviously, the graphics. Even the title screen of this couldn't have been done on PS2 or Wii."

can i put this news here?

from CVG Interview: Masachika Kawata

"Resident Evil 5 looks superficially similar to Resi 4; what's been improved here?

Kawata: First of all, and quite obviously, the graphics. Even the title screen of this couldn't have been done on PS2 or Wii."

Wow, they're using havok! You know, the physics engine Wii actually can handle! And to be honest didn't see that many more enemies on screen than RE4 (yes there are more, but not a huge increase) and the AI seemed pretty bad. You made RE4 for cellphones! Cellphones! That said, it'll probably be the first game I buy at launch and full price for the 360 :P

I'm still playing it quite a bit.

Recently I've been playing Medal of Honor: Heros 2's online mode, and also, I've downloaded Mario RPG and Lylat Wars on the VC.

Perhaps this should be stickied

If it keeps the Wii forum as organized as the Other Consoles one then it's more than welcome in my eyes.

Also, I hope that in years to come I'll look back on this and point out that I posted on the first page of the thread. Aww yeeeah.

And I'll look back and remember that the idea for this thread came from my post (note: I didn't actually think this thread needed to exist, I was just pointing out the if).

So yeah OT... I haven't played Wii in months. Though I am considering moving the one I have at home to my room at uni since I haven't played videogames since I got here and would like some entertainment for those quiet nights in.

I'm continuing to pwn all online at BWii, as well as short stumps every now and then on Excite Truck.

I'm also going through Resident Evil 4 (GCN) on Pro mode (really adds a new feel to the game) and I still use the Internet Channel quite a lot.

So yeah, I'm still on it quite a lot.

Recently I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy (I still love it so much). I've also got a few WiiWare titles on the go, my most played ones include Bomberman, MaBoShi: The Three-Shape Arcade and Tetris Party.

It's a shame I've almost abandoned WiiWare. Well, abandoned in the sense that I haven't downloaded anything since the Pirates game for the review. I really should get back into it but just don't have the money for it. :( Sucks as I'm missing some good games by the look of it.

Decided I should play a Wii game on my Wii and not another GC game today. So had some Brawl action. Custom match. Mega-Fast 4 min brawl with the only item being Smash Balls on high setting. Stuck the computer up to high and selected Lucario and random stage. Absolute chaos ensued. Trying to play that in Mega form with 3 other characters on the Frigate metroid stage was nuts. Think I notched up 16 KOs in a row. Good fun. If only online was playable as smoothly as that match was then it'd be ace. Think I'll go now and have another go. Feeling the need to found some dedede face.

Wow, they're using havok! You know, the physics engine Wii actually can handle! And to be honest didn't see that many more enemies on screen than RE4 (yes there are more, but not a huge increase) and the AI seemed pretty bad. You made RE4 for cellphones! Cellphones! That said, it'll probably be the first game I buy at launch and full price for the 360 :P

Why will people not just give up on the whole Resi5 Wii thing. Instead of crying for a gimped Wii port, why not get talk of a ground-up Wii game instead.

It's a shame I've almost abandoned WiiWare. Well, abandoned in the sense that I haven't downloaded anything since the Pirates game for the review. I really should get back into it but just don't have the money for it. :( Sucks as I'm missing some good games by the look of it.

You are indeed missing out. Tetris especially is the most complete version of the game I've ever played, and the online is brilliant.

Why will people not just give up on the whole Resi5 Wii thing. Instead of crying for a gimped Wii port, why not get talk of a ground-up Wii game instead.

Screw that, I want more GameCube Resi ports! :D

Mostly because the Wii controls proved very superior and we don't get gimped ports from 360 and PS3 that often :P

So, my current list of games by preference (Upper is the one i like the most, downer is the one i hate the most):

Retail:

-The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - Completed

-SSBB - Completed

-Zack and Wiki - Completed

-WarioWare Land Shake it - Completed

-The Godfather - Completed

-Okami - Not Completed

-Metroid Prime 3 Corruption - Completed

-The Godfather - Completed

-Wii Sports - Completed

-Resident Evil UC - Completed

-Super Mario Galaxy - Completed

-The Sims 2 Pets - Completed

-Mario Party 8 - Completed

WiiWare:

-Strong Bad Episode 1 - Completed/Strong Bad Episode 2 - Completed

-Tetris Party - Completed

-TV Show King - Completed

-BomberMan Blast - Completed

-Dr Mario - Completed

-Mega Man 9 - Completed

-Lost Winds - Completed

-Final Fantasy Christal Chronicles My Life as a King - Completed

-Defend my Castle - Completed

-My Pokemon Ranch - Completed

Disaster Day of Crisis is coming and i will buy every Strong Bad Episode when it comes out.

Also, my sister will buy Animal Crossing when it comes out.

I have much to look forward too, i just have to finish Okami before receiving Disaster: Day of Crisis from Game.uk

Good call Maase! Not that this doesn't happen all the time, but what's everyones top 5 wii/wiiware games?

1. Mario Galaxy

2. Zelda: Twilight Princess

3. Metroid Prime 3

4. Mario Kart

5. Pro Evolution Soccer Wii

Text book top 4, I do apologise :) Can't believe some amazing games didn't even get a look in (Zack and Wicki, De Blob, Boom Blox, Smash etc.)