NEurope

I cannot believe someone posted this. I was doing my best to forget I saw that. I thought it was a tennis game at first glance, I had to do a double take when I seen the photo.

squash-wii-656x385.jpg

And it's skipping the Wii U. Thank God for small mercies.

I cannot believe someone posted this. I was doing my best to forget I saw that. I thought it was a tennis game at first glance, I had to do a double take when I seen the photo.

It's pretty much the first video game version of my favourite sport.

It's pretty much the first video game version of my favourite sport.

You're the one who asked for this aren't you?

I mean, wow. This is so unnecessary, it's hilarious!

Wowzers! :o

That is insane.

I can understand complete collections of games for systems like the N64 or even the GC - and UK collections are relatively easy. But every single Wii game, that is amazing. I am seriously envious. Hats off to that man!

Wowzers! :o

That is insane.

So... much... white! That's an incredible collection! :o

Pretty unique as well amongst collectors. You've seen people with complete NES collections before, but how many have you seen with a complete Wii collection? This is the first that I know of!

It's definitely cool to see every single Wii game all in one collection but there definitely has to be some awful stuff in there :shakehead

I currently own 71 Wii games, to my knowledge, and even then there are a few that I would happily trim from the collection, such as MadWorld, Virtua Tennis 2009 and Grand Slam Tennis :heh:

With the DSi shop closing it's made me want to pick up titles from the Wii Shopping Channel before they decide to close that now that the Switch has no access to it.

What I have learnt is that you get screwed over if you buy a eShop card and redeem it on there. £25 translates to 2900 where you could get 3000 points for £21 buying it direct.

Just thought I'd drop it in here to warn people.

With the DSi shop closing it's made me want to pick up titles from the Wii Shopping Channel before they decide to close that now that the Switch has no access to it.

What I have learnt is that you get screwed over if you buy a eShop card and redeem it on there. £25 translates to 2900 where you could get 3000 points for £21 buying it direct.

Just thought I'd drop it in here to warn people.

Strangely, I too have been considering picking up a couple of VC games on Wii before it's too late! I may look tomorrow :hehe:

On 04/04/2017 at 1:16 AM, nekunando said:

Strangely, I too have been considering picking up a couple of VC games on Wii before it's too late! I may look tomorrow :hehe:

There’s now an official date where it will be too late.

End date of each service

• Adding points to the Wii Shop Channel: Monday 26th March 2018 at 20:00 UK time
  • Purchase of WiiWare, Virtual Console software, Wii Channels (including free software)*: Thursday, 31st January 2019 at 06:00 UK time
  • Full closure of the Wii Shop Channel and disabling of redownload functions in 2019 (more details to be announced at a later date)

Edited by V. Amoleo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I will have a look soon. I will at the very least redownload (almost) everything I've ever purchased, to store in the notorious fridge. I may even buy some stuff for old time's sake.. If anyone has any VC or Wiiware suggestions.. I will probably get the DLC for Megaman 10. If I buy the NES classic next year, I'll have a proper controller to play those games.

I never bothered much with VC, I only bought some Japanese "imports" and a few classics / curiosities from other consoles I never owned.

I have both shovelware and some gems on the Wiiware-side.. I had great fun with the Megaman games (IntiCreates, there they are again), My life as a King, World of Goo, and both Lost Winds games (want a sequel!).

Maybe I should get Bit.Trip.Runner. I was considering Chrono Trigger, but I fear I spoilt myself by watching let's play videos of roughly half the game.

I might end up buying a couple of other games just to finish off the Wii collection, such as Castlevania Rebirth and maybe a few of the Neo Geo games :smile:

• Like 1

I might go on and add a bunch of points, would be a shame to miss out on some of the VC gems that didn't get a release on Wii U. Especially considering I have a proper SNES and NES controller to connect to a Wiimote.

Best thing I bought on Wii Virtual Console was Golden Axe.  The only chance I've had to own the shorter, more exciting arcade game - bring it to Switch, Sega!

• Like 1

While we’re listing games on there I think it’s worth mentioning that the Wii VC is the only place you can get the original Castlevania Rondo of Blood. It’s 900 points.

Just a reminder that you will not be able to buy Wii Points past Monday 26th March 2018.

These are the games I'm currently looking to buy:

• Castlevania Rondo of Blood
  • Bomberman Blast
  • Crystal Defenders R1
  • Crystal Defenders R2
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord (+ it's DLC)
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (+ it's DLC)
  • Contra ReBirth
  • Gradius ReBirth
  • Pokemon Rumble

I already own some games on there but I think the above are the remaining exclusives that are worth me picking up.

Anybody else looking to purchase Wii Shop games before it's too late?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, V. Amoleo said:

Just a reminder that you will not be able to buy Wii Points past Monday 26th March 2018.

These are the games I'm currently looking to buy:

• Castlevania Rondo of Blood
  • Bomberman Blast
  • Crystal Defenders R1
  • Crystal Defenders R2
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord (+ it's DLC)
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (+ it's DLC)
  • Contra ReBirth
  • Gradius ReBirth
  • Pokemon Rumble

I already own some games on there but I think the above are the remaining exclusives that are worth me picking up.

Anybody else looking to purchase Wii Shop games before it's too late?

I've thought about it, and some day I may regret it if I don't pick a few things up, but since moving house in August I basically play exclusively on Switch and PS4 so I'm not sure if I'll really get into anything I'd download on Wii now :hmm:

In fact, I feel myself wanting to wait for Switch versions of everything before I commit more time to those games. Even something like Tropical Freeze, which I own and have cleared on Wii U, is in an odd position as I haven't found every collectable yet but the desire to return to it has significantly diminished knowing a Switch version is now on the way..

Tempted to get a couple of WiiWare games whilst it's still possible. Bonsai Barber just for curiosities sake, being made by ex Rare devs. 

Is Dr Mario Online RX still worth it, or was the online a significant part of the game? 

There were a lot of games I was interested in getting on Wii VC (namely Final Fantasy VI and the port of the SNES version of Chrono Trigger), but I think I'm going to just hold out and pray that a fully fleshed out Virtual Console makes its way over to Switch (hopefully before the year's end). 

As I never owned a Wii U, I actually still use my Wii quite regularly (600+ hours in Smash Bros. Brawl last time I checked), but not yet knowing anything the situation with regards to Switch VC makes it especially pestering to decide whether or not to start purchasing GC and Wii games from my backlog (let alone Virtual Console ones). I've got my eye on a bunch of games I'd love to play, but would be so much easier to plough through at home or on the go, such as Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Super Mario Sunshine, the Metroid Prime games, Xenoblade Chronicles and the Super Mario Galaxy games. 

I hope we learn something soon, because I'm going to be gutted if I've missed out on playing something like Final Fantasy VI on VC for a while (and I'd rather own it on Switch, when I get one, than on the SNES Mini). :blank:

Edited by Julius Caesar

I'm going to sound like a broken record but we're now approaching the last 14 days so I think another reminder is in order.

You will not be able to buy Wii Shop Points past Monday 26th March 2018.

• Thanks 3

I've been thinking about that again this week, @V. Amoleo, and I reckon I'll check the Wii Shop Channel tonight to see if I wish to make any final purchases.

If we knew what was in store for the Switch VC I'd maybe be done but as it stands the Wii is still the most all-encompassing Nintendo console and its fridge deserves to be filled!

• Like 1

So this is my possible Wii shopping list, items which are striked out are ones I've already bought.

• WiiWare
    • Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth [1000/£7]
    • Contra ReBirth [1000/£7]
    • Dr. Mario & Germ Buster [1000/£7]
    • Excitebike: World Challenge [1000/£7]
    • FAST Racing League [1000/£7]
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord [1000/£7]
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King [1500/£10.50]
    • Gradius ReBirth [600/£4.20]
    • Mr Driller W [800/£5.60]
    • My Pokemon Ranch [1000/£7]
    • PictureBook Games: A Pop-Up Adventure [800/£5.60]
    • Pokemon Rumble [1500/£10.50]
    • WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase [800/£5.60]
  • Downloadable Content
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:  My Life as a Darklord [2400/£16.80]
      • Darklord Special Forces [500/£3.50]
      • Darklord Elite Unit [500/£3.50]
      • Kain [200/£1.40]
      • Palom [200/£1.40]
      • Wanted on Vacation [500/£3.50]
      • A Fateful Clash! [500/£3.50]
    • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:  My Life as a King [2000/£14]
      • Dungeon Pack [300/£2.10]
      • Triple Race Pack [800/£5.60]
      • Luxurious House [100/£0.70]
      • Sacred Shrine [200/£1.40]
      • Library [200/£1.40]
      • Castle Renovation [100/£0.70]
      • Infinity Spire [300/£2.10]
  • Virtual Console SNES
    • ActRaiser [800/£5.60]
    • Chrono Trigger (Available on other platforms) [900/£6.30
    • DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure [900/£6.30]
    • Kirby's Ghost Trap [800/£5.60]
    • Mystic Quest Legend (Available on Wii U in Japan) [800/£5.60]
    • Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen (Available on other platforms) [900/£6.30]
    • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Available on Wii U now) [900/£6.30]
    • Super Mario World (Available on Wii U now) [800/£5.60]
    • Super Metroid (Available on Wii U now) [800/£5.60]
    • Super Star Wars (Available on other platforms) [800/£5.60]
    • Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (Available on other platforms) [800/£5.60]
    • Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (Available on other platforms) [800/£5.60]
    • The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past (Available on Wii U now) [800/£5.60]
    • Zombies Ate My Neighbors [800/£5.60]
  • Virtual Console N64
    • Bomberman Hero [1000/£7]
    • Mario Kart 64 (Available on Wii U now) [1000/£7]
    • Paper Mario (Available on Wii U now) [1000/£7]
    • Pokémon Puzzle League [1000/£7]
    • Pokemon Snap (Available on Wii U now) [1000/£7]
    • Sin & Punishment (Available on Wii U now) [1200/£8.40]
    • Super Smash Bros [1000/£7]
    • The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (Available on Wii U now) [1000/£7]
    • Yoshi's Story (Available on Wii U now) [1000/£7]
  • Virtual Console TG-16
    • Castlevania Rondo of Blood [900/£6.30]
    • The Dynastic Hero [800/£5.60]

Yeah that's a lot of stuff.  I've even tried to cut it down (Not all the My Life DLC for example).  The VC games I've picked are mostly ones which I think licensing issues will make them difficult to re-release.  Think I'm missing anything?

You will not be able to buy Wii Shop Points past Monday 26th March 2018.

That's just over one week away.

Edited by V. Amoleo
Made some purchases and removed some from list.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it really worth getting those Bomberman games when R is on the Switch?

Personally, I wouldn't bother with Pokemon Rumble, there's a 3DS and Wii U version, or WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase because isn't the service dead when they killed the servers for the Wii/DS.?