NEurope

Just fired my Wii up for the first time since April 7th. :o:blank:

Not sure I'll have time today...didn't know Andy Murray was playing today. He had his game yesterday, so thought it would've been off til tomorrow.

Ha, Murray.

I've bought the Umbrella Chronicles and played through a few levels yesterday. What makes it even more fun is that I'm using an attachment:

wii-gun-hazard.jpg

I used this for Dead Space: Extraction, too. Very fun. Anyway, this game is good, and graphically it seems quite decent considering its time.

Going through the scenarios from Zero makes me sad. Oh, Resi. How you've changed.

Couldn't get into Umbrella Chronicles at all.

Started playing through it myself, and then just completed it quickly in co-op with Eddage so I could sell it on.

Found it too slow and well... boring.

Extraction is by far the superior game IMO; it just has SO much more to it! Great story, unique gameplay (zero-gravity, puzzles, glow sticks etc...), and a fanastic mix of scares and action.

Couldn't get into Umbrella Chronicles at all.

Started playing through it myself, and then just completed it quickly in co-op with Eddage so I could sell it on.

Found it too slow and well... boring.

Extraction is by far the superior game IMO; it just has SO much more to it! Great story, unique gameplay (zero-gravity, puzzles, glow sticks etc...), and a fanastic mix of scares and action.

Extraction is brilliant, but there's something about this that is very likeable. I like the slow pace of it, as it mirrors the atmosphere and the nature of the earlier games.

IGN's Top 25 Nintendo Wii Games (2011 Version):

01 - Super Mario Galaxy 2

02 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

03 - Metroid Prime Trilogy

04 - Super Mario Galaxy

05 - Donkey Kong Country Returns

06 - The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

07 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii

08 - Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

09 - Dead Space Extraction

10 - Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

11 - No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

12 - Super Paper Mario

13 - Monster Hunter Tri

14 - Mario Kart Wii

15 - Red Steel 2

16 - Sonic Colors (Missing)

17 - Punch-Out!!

18 - Muramasa: The Demon Blade

19 - Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (Missing)

20 - Okami Wii

21 - Kirby's Epic Yarn (Missing)

22 - Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

23 - Boom Blox (Missing)

24 - Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

25 - Wii Sports Resort

IGN's Top 25 Nintendo Wii Games (2012 Version):

01 - The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword (New)

02 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (-1)

03 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl (-1)

04 - Metroid Prime Trilogy (-1)

05 - Super Mario Galaxy (-1)

06 - Donkey Kong Country Returns (-1)

07 - The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (-1)

08 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (-1)

09 - Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (-1)

10 - The Last Story (New)

11 - Xenoblade Chronicles (New)

12 - Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (-2)

13 - Dead Space: Extraction (-4)

14 - No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (-3)

15 - Super Paper Mario (-3)

16 - Monster Hunter Tri (-3)

17 - Okami Wii (+3)

18 - Mario Kart Wii (-4)

19 - Red Steel 2 (-4)

20 - Punch-Out!! (-3)

21 - Muramasa: The Demon Blade (-3)

22 - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (New)

23 - Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (-1)

24 - Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Same)

25 - Wii Sports Resort (Same)

Whoever made these lists has not played Little King's Story.

Hey guys,

Just so everyone knows I'm unsticking this thread because it's not going to get a great deal of use anymore.

It'll still be here though so search for it if you need to.

Or feel free to create a new thread for a particular Wii related topic if you like.

Or if it relates use the Wii U Discussion.

And here I thought you had at least put the "Wii" on it yourself. ;)

So I was just playing some Okami (the last game in my Backlog for me to complete) and when I returned to the Wii menu, this message suddenly appeared:

k5gPY.jpg

WTF?! :wtf:

I clicked on No, at which point it said that all of my messages would be deleted if I continued. So I went back and clicked Yes. Now it's moving the "Old data" to the SD Card, but it's taking fucking ages!

Has been going for around 20 minutes already, but the progress bar is only at around 5%! :o

Did a quick Google search on this, only managed to find a couple of mentions of it. :blank:

Anyone else had this happen on their Wii?

*EDIT*

Oh man, still going... It's not even half way yet. :eek:

It's telling me not to remove the SD Card or power off the Wii console, but I'm bloody tempted to do just that. :heh:

Edited by RedShell

This ended up taking 3 hours to complete! :o:zzz:

And everything seems the same as before. ::shrug: All my messages are still available, not sure if it's reading them off the SD card now though. :blank:

And although I can't remember exactly how many blocks were free on my SD card beforehand, I'm pretty sure it's taken a huge hit from this procedure. :hmm:

Very weird. :wtf:

Do remember hearing something about a message limit near the launch of the Wii, thought it just deleted older messages. Unless it's the play log data, maybe?

Did notice my fridge was down to 10 blocks so had to move a few things to my SD card. Hopefully the Wii U won't have the same limitations with VC/WiiWare titles in Wii mode(?).

Unless it's the play log data, maybe?
That's what I'm thinking it was yeah, because it was fine before playing anything that day, it was only after a play log entry was created that the message appeared.

I said in my previous post that everything was the same after this happened, but I've since noticed that my Wii is actually running a bit better now than before. It would take longer to power up and occasionally hang a bit when starting games, but now it's all much quicker.

Shame this didn't happen sooner then, seeing as my Wii will be obsolete in just over a month anyway. :heh:

Edited by RedShell

I said in my previous post that everything was the same after this happened, but I've since noticed that my Wii is actually running a bit better now than before. It would take longer to power up and occasionally hang a bit when starting games, but now it's all much quicker.

Oh? Shame you can't force it then since my Wii runs a bit slow as well. :laughing: :p

Oh? Shame you can't force it then since my Wii runs a bit slow as well. :laughing: :p
You could always e-mail your Wii hundreds of messages, or make loads of memos on the message board... that'd probably force it. :D

YouTube App:

y4oFw.png

Out now in the US and other regions in the coming months.

From what I'm reading online this YT App is for the Wii not the Wii U (yet)?

From what I'm reading online this YT App is for the Wii not the Wii U (yet)?

Yes, it's for the Wii (hence the Wii thread).

I've bought the Umbrella Chronicles and played through a few levels yesterday. What makes it even more fun is that I'm using an attachment:

wii-gun-hazard.jpg

I used this for Dead Space: Extraction, too. Very fun. Anyway, this game is good, and graphically it seems quite decent considering its time.

Going through the scenarios from Zero makes me sad. Oh, Resi. How you've changed.

Just what I've been looking for for all these years!

What's it called and how do you get it?

Just what I've been looking for for all these years!

What's it called and how do you get it?

I'm not sure what it is called, as it was a gift from the Mum years ago. Think she found it for a few quid somewhere.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Enigma-Blaster-Wii/dp/B00186NJDK/ref=sr_1_50?ie=UTF8&qid=1353876389&sr=8-50

Think this is the same one. Only downside is that there's no trigger, as that's how you access the nunchuk's C and Z buttons. But, otherwise, I've used it for Dead Space: Extraction and it worked a treat.