NEurope

I don't think Capcom's support is in question; that I'm aware of they've not offered up any crap like UbisoftZ casual stuff. They've been one of the Wii's best supporters in my opinion. Sure, we've had ALOT of ports - but good ones, with tons of added value, but also some great new IP like Spyborgs and Zack and Wiki.

In fairness, I think the Wii's demographic has been really difficult to pin down, its not as casual as people make out. Casual games don't sell well, and neither does the core. Its quality, exclusive titles (exception to every rule; Carnival Games).

I don't think Capcom's support is in question; that I'm aware of they've not offered up any crap like UbisoftZ casual stuff. They've been one of the Wii's best supporters in my opinion. Sure, we've had ALOT of ports - but good ones, with tons of added value, but also some great new IP like Spyborgs and Zack and Wiki.

In fairness, I think the Wii's demographic has been really difficult to pin down, its not as casual as people make out. Casual games don't sell well, and neither does the core. Its quality, exclusive titles (exception to every rule; Carnival Games).

I liked Carnival Games. Had some good parties with that title. Definitely would have been a better Wiiware game though as £10 felt a rip off. Software as different as that wouldn't have existed if Wii didn't come along. That's only a good thing in the grander scale of things.

I think the major disappointment was not getting a proper Resident Evil or a Street Fighter game but then again I've played street fighter to death since the 90's and I had Resident Evil experiences back then too. Sure I missed those comfortable games but when I played them on the PS3/360 I realised I had been spoilt on Wii. Spoilt for new experiences.

Nearly no posts regarding E3 hype the past month, and THIS is what you post....

Shame on you, Redshell,....shame on you.

Go make awesome GIFs, edited picture of Reggie, and moar 'it prints money'!

We all know you are one of the great artitic-editor wizards of N-Europe..

and please show up in the N-Europe Chatroom on Tuesday:hug:

Nearly no posts regarding E3 hype the past month, and THIS is what you post....

Shame on you, Redshell,....shame on you.

Go make awesome GIFs, edited picture of Reggie, and moar 'it prints money'!

We all know you are one of the great artitic-editor wizards of N-Europe..

and please show up in the N-Europe Chatroom on Tuesday:hug:

Hey man, just keepin' it real, spreading the word, etc. :heh:

I am proper hyped for E3... BIG STYLE! :D

And sorry but I won't be in the chatroom on Tuesday, or MSN or anything that's a distraction from the conference. Once that thing starts I'll be 100% focused on it. My eyes won't leave that live stream for a second, I probably won't even be blinking. :laughing:

Looks like the Wii really is dead to this forum save for two online oriented games considering the activity in this board.

Looks like the Wii really is dead to this forum save for two online oriented games considering the activity in this board.

Very true. Black Ops and Monster Hunter Tri being the big'ns. People should join us on them!

Very true. Black Ops and Monster Hunter Tri being the big'ns. People should join us on them!

How narrow minded. :heh: I play my Wii plenty, just not online.

The share with me your Little King's Story:yay:

indeed... get online now and continue the monster hunting :heh:

Anyone else get 'Wii system files are corrupted black screen' and have to restart? I get it all the time. Particularly after playing Wii fit bizarrely!

Anyone else get 'Wii system files are corrupted black screen' and have to restart? I get it all the time. Particularly after playing Wii fit bizarrely!

Your bloated belly must have broken the Wii. I used to get this all the time also, but then it just stopped.

Gah, I thought I'd use this summer to play through some of my uncompleted Wii games or to restart some games that I want to play through again.

Instead, I bought Monster Hunter Tri, which I hear sucks all the time out of your life. And, Trauma Centre: Second Opinion.

Silly cheap gamessss.

I read it as the Wii was dead on the forum, as in the activity on the forum is dead, except for the online games.

Of course people will still play their Wii offline... it's an amazing console, why wouldn't you?! : peace:

Oh great, just went to register my Wii VIP codes only to find out some of them have expired... any idea which ones WON'T be expired?

*edit*

Oookay...

Out of all my games (quite a few of which were launch games! including Excite truck, and Zelda) the only ones not to work were Warioware, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3...

*edit* and apparently my Smash Bros code is downright INVALID

Edited by Daroh

That's really annoying. I've hoarded dozens of Wii and DS slips because I want to get something valuable when it comes on the Stars Catalogue. But I can't register them when I get them because they expire after a year, and I want to wait for something worth getting. This doesn't seem fair.

The stars system is shit. There's one interesting thing that comes along, which is always an obscene amount of points, or there's a low quantity of that item.

I couldn't be bothered dealing with it, so gave all my points to Ine. She must be raking it in by now.

After registering everything I could find I've managed to go from 0 stars to 6200, I only need 800 more to afford that Snes style classic controller!

If those codes had worked I'd have had enough...

*edit*

Nice, found a load of DS games in the attic I hadn't registered yet, surprisingly the codes worked :D

So now in a few weeks I'll be in possession of one Snes style classic controller!

Edited by Daroh
Snes controller get!

Question for you guys,

Just played NSMB and Animal Crossing pain free huzzah, got Super Paper Mario to play too, just wanted to know what other games I can play with the remote only.

Question for you guys,

Just played NSMB and Animal Crossing pain free huzzah, got Super Paper Mario to play too, just wanted to know what other games I can play with the remote only.

As I look through my collection, I can pick out the following..

Another Code: R, Donkey Kong Country: Returns, Dragon Quest: Swords, Excite Truck, Ghost Squad, House of the Dead 2&3 Return, House of the Dead: Overkill, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Klonoa, Metroid: Other M, PES 2009, PES 2011, Punch-Out!!, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Shawn White Snowboarding: Road Trip, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, Wario Land: The Shake Dimension and the fantastic Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros Treasure :hehe:

cheers guys, got a few of those on my list, what about a boy and his blob, wouldn't mind playing that.

cheers guys, got a few of those on my list, what about a boy and his blob, wouldn't mind playing that.

Wii Remote and Nunchuk for that one, though I'm sure they could have made a Wii Remote only option if they really wanted.. but it isn't there :hmm:

Also, don't forget that you have plenty of VC games that you can download to the console that can be played with just the Wii Remote, including various Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic and Shinobi games from the Mega Drive :hehe: