NEurope

I want Retro to make an original IP. I wonder if they could make an online shooter to launch with Wii 2?

[/random speculation]

I want Retro to make an original IP. I wonder if they could make an online shooter to launch with Wii 2?

[/random speculation]

I'd leave that to HighVoltageSoftware with Conduit 4

Retro ought to make some sort of RTS for the 'Wii2'. That'd be a challenge for them!

Never quite seen an RTS on a NINTENDO system.

Not many anyway.

Edited by Fused King

I wouldn't want a Conduit game as the headlining FPS for Nintendo's next console. HVS just aren't talented enough to make a really decent one in my mind.

I'd love an original IP from Retro Studios and I'd rather have them take a crack at an FPS than HVS try again!

I wouldn't want a Conduit game as the headlining FPS for Nintendo's next console. HVS just aren't talented enough to make a really decent one in my mind.

I'd love an original IP from Retro Studios and I'd rather have them take a crack at an FPS than HVS try again!

C'mon, KavEightyTwo. :D Wouldn't you at least be a wii-bit phsyched to see just what High Voltage Software could pull out of their unpredictable bag on NINTENDO's next home console? :yay:

Riimember, it'd be a brand spanking new console with all kinds of crazy possibilities (I hopefully imagine), so they'd have plenty to toy around with!

... That's why I am looking forward to Conduit 4: The Begining of A New Generation. :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Never quite seen an RTS on a NINTENDO system.

Not many anyway.

To be fair, you don't see a lot of RTS games on consoles, period. ;)

Also, I haven't played it, but The Conduit looks really, really bad. Certainly not a series I'd want as my headlining FPS if I were Nintendo, anyway.

To be fair, you don't see a lot of RTS games on consoles, period. ;)

Mainly due to the lack of a mouse. And the Wii has a pointer.

Fair enough, but I don't think the pointer would work nearly as well as a mouse. Not to mention the lack of buttons. I think the pointer could really work for games like Pikmin, but in the case of games like StarCraft, you'd end up with a really watered-down experience on the Wii.

Also, I haven't played it, but The Conduit looks really, really bad. Certainly not a series I'd want as my headlining FPS if I were Nintendo, anyway.

*The first highlight

Don't judge a book, NO NOT BY IT'S COVEEEEER

You can't go to war, NO NOT WITH YOUR BROTHEEEER

IF YOU WANT WORLD PEACE YOU NEED TO HAVE LOVE FOR ONE ANotheeeeeeeeeeeeer!

*Final highlight

You not being NINTENDO makes mii proud, chuffed and everything pleasant. My dreams are still.... dreamable. :D

A mixture of pointer controls and Halo Wars' pretty good analogue stick menu system would work now.

Fair enough, but I don't think the pointer would work nearly as well as a mouse.

Relating this to FPS then I'd personally go WiiMote>mouse

WiiMote would come in more like, say, how you'd imagine holding a real gun, maybe? ::shrug:

I haven't played Halo Wars, so I'm not sure how well the controls worked in that. I'm really not convinced that you'd get the precision you'd want with a pointer, though.

Also, there doesn't seem to be much of a market for RTS games on consoles, but I guess that's a different matter.

*The first highlight

Don't judge a book, NO NOT BY IT'S COVEEEEER

You can't go to war, NO NOT WITH YOUR BROTHEEEER

IF YOU WANT WORLD PEACE YOU NEED TO HAVE LOVE FOR ONE ANotheeeeeeeeeeeeer!

WHY ARE YOU SINGING WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

Also, games aren't books and I have looked at screenshots/videos and have read reviews. Maybe I should have said it looked really generic and unoriginal instead. :heh:

I prefer using the Wiimote to mouse too, although the mouse gives a bit more stability to your aiming, the Wiimote is just more fun.

I'd love to see an RTS on Wii but I'd rather someone other than Retro take it on. I'd like an Action/Adventure or Shooter coming from Retro, an original IP would do me... something gritty, with a really engaging story!

WHY ARE YOU SINGING WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

Also, games aren't books and I have looked at screenshots/videos and have read reviews. Maybe I should have said it looked really generic and unoriginal instead. :heh:

Answer #1: I prefer to seduce my point across in the form of a sing-song, rather than have opinionated wars which causes global... war.

Answer #2: Correct. Games are not books. But the metaphor was executed magnificently. :D

Oh, you are entitled to an opinion regarding 'The Conduit' then, as you've displayed you've done some homework. Although you should experience it! : peace:

Answer #3 (to the question; "Should I have said it looks generic and unoriginal instead?"): Yes.

I prefer using the Wiimote to mouse too, although the mouse gives a bit more stability to your aiming, the Wiimote is just more fun.

Well as the main issue boils down to "stability" then I'd say that's why it's 'WiiMote>mouse' all the more. Shooting with a real gun you need skill to keep a steady hand and aim. 't is just as so with the WiiMote. :bowdown:

Though, I guess, 'those' who find it too challenging to do such a task would enjoy the mouse method of play. :kiss:

A mouse is kept more stable than a Wiimote much more easily. I'm not talkig about which is most like using a gun, but in terms of keeping a fixed position on the screen, the mouse is better, there's no doubt in that.

It's not that I find it difficult using the Wiimote, in fact, without trying to blow my own trumpet too much, I'm pretty damn good using the Wiimote!

A mouse is kept more stable than a Wiimote much more easily. I'm not talkig about which is most like using a gun, but in terms of keeping a fixed position on the screen, the mouse is better, there's no doubt in that.

It's not that I find it difficult using the Wiimote, in fact, without trying to blow my own trumpet too much, I'm pretty damn good using the Wiimote!

KavEighty2, my friend, relax. I wasn't targetting you. :D

I'm sure you're epic with the Mote as you said that "you prefer it too". : peace:

I was aiming my comment to those who prefer the mouse purely because of the 'ease of stability'.

And I'm positive that the mouse is 'easy' to keep fixed on the screen. That's why I prefer the Mote because, like a real gun (playing a FPS), you need to steady yourself in order to have pr0-level aimimg! :yay:

Fair enough about the aiming, but in real life you don't look straight at where you're aiming your gun all the time, giving you a chance to put it down occasionally. ;)

Yeah man, those are the kind o' features that make gameplay exciting. At the shooting gallery, where I costantly aim straight in a forward direction (lowering my weapon every once in a while), I usually get an itch behind my ear and use my strap to itch it. They should consider putting this feature in FPS'. :wink:

Oh, and when I get an itch in my ear, I unload my strap and use the shell caps to rape my inner-ear. Dude would that be a taunter during online play! :laughing: