NEurope

Nice. That's the colour I originally wanted. Why are we getting Donkey Kong though?
Where it all started for Mario!

And Donkey Kong (and therefore Mario) is 30 next year. So they can have a big advertising promotion next year.

And Donkey Kong (and therefore Mario) is 30 next year. So they can have a big advertising promotion next year.
Furry Wii FTW!... with a tie! :D

.. Nah. New Super Mario Bros Wii, Wii Sports, and original Donkey Kong VC don't compare to a special edition Super Mario Bros VC :D! I hope that one will be available in our VC, otherwise I may really have to get the Japanese red console (another excuse to get import games too).

Still too bad they didn't printed an 8-bit Mario on-top or something. In fact, instead of simply a red version, I would've liked to see a classic Famicom colour scheme, like the Famicom GBA micro. Some red, some gold, en black buttons on both console and controller.

Very tempted to get the DSi XL.

It's a brilliant, brilliant machine. I recommend it, although I know you've already played a lot of Dragon Quest IX... All the same, if you intend to play more DS games, it's likey to remain the best-ever way to play them for a very long time.

Ok guys, here's the thing. I don't (usually) like on-rail shooters, but I think they're great fun in Co-op. I had forgotten about that until very recently.

So, my question is: out of all the on-rail shooters for the Wii, which one plays best in Co-op?

Preferably, I'd rather have one where you can play Co-op without beating single-player, obviously.

House of the Dead Overkill is great fun in both single-player and co-op, although it's stupidly easy with two people.

HotD Overkill is the best arcade style shooter on Wii and with a great single player, and fun in co-op.

I'm selling Dead Space Extraction if you're interested?

IMO it's the best story driven shooter on Wii and the best shooter I've played in co-op on the Wii. It's a challenge and you can go through the main game in co-op from the get go.

Hmm.. I had forgotten about HotD. I'm looking for quick, pick-up-and-play arcade-style gameplay, so HotD does seem to be what I want. Dead Space seems to be too complex and immersive for that.

I just saw a video from "Papa's House of Pain" (or something). Hilarious :laughing:. The only thing that worries me is if it is, in fact, too easy.

And what about the Resident Evils? Are they good?

Hmm.. I had forgotten about HotD. I'm looking for quick, pick-up-and-play arcade-style gameplay, so HotD does seem to be what I want. Dead Space seems to be too complex and immersive for that.

I just saw a video from "Papa's House of Pain" (or something). Hilarious :laughing:. The only thing that worries me is if it is, in fact, too easy.

And what about the Resident Evils? Are they good?

I've played Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and IMO it was far too slow, and pretty boring tbh!

I've only played HotD: Overkill in single player and that was pretty easy, so yes, as has been said, multiplayer may be a breeze, which may take some of the fun out of the game I'm not sure.

Dead Space is awesome, you should definately give it a go in co-op sometime, but maybe not what you're after right now then.

There's the HotD compilation, or Ghost Squad.

are these coming in the uk, any pre orders about yet i really want the wii :)

Yes. Game have them up for preorder now. DSi Xl is £165, Wii is £180.

Okay then, House of the Dead it is. I found it at a better price on ebay, so I'll try that once the auction ends.

Nintendo is putting there stupid hat on....

The announcement of the red Wii with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Donkey Kong Arcade preinstalled and a Wii Remote Plus (a Wii Remote with motion plus build in) being released on October 29th in Europe, brought up the question if the Wii Remote Plus will also be available separately on October 29th.

We asked this question to Bianca Stirnweis-Dort, PR & Events Manager Benelux at Nintendo, and this was her reply:

Quote:

"No, it will not be sold separately on october 29th. There plans to release them at a later date."

Pretty stupid if you ask me, That would essentially be the same as a wii sports resort pack release (inc a wii and m +) and tell the people that there no concrete plans for wii sports resort or MotionPlus to be released separately .

I’m sure of it that the people who are going to buy a red wii (inc. wiimote+) are expecting the same functionality if they are buying extra remotes.

Edited by marcel

Okay then, House of the Dead it is. I found it at a better price on ebay, so I'll try that once the auction ends.
Good stuff. icon14.gif

Be a great Halloween game. :grin:

Actually I'm definitely going to re-play it then. :yay:

Nintendo is putting there stupid hat on....

Pretty stupid if you ask me, That would essentially be the same as a wii sports resort pack release (inc a wii and m +) and tell the people that there no concrete plans for wii sports resort or MotionPlus to be released separately .

I’m sure of it that the people who are going to buy a red wii (inc. wiimote+) are expecting the same functionality if they are buying extra remotes.

Is it really though? From a marketing point of view, since it's currently exclusive to that bundle it gives people more of an incentive to buy it which = more money for Nintendo. Theoretically anyway.

Edited by Arnieboy

its likely that we will get info on the new wiiremote+ tommorow, thats all my source could tell.:woops:

Very tempted to get the DSi XL.

So am i...but i can't...wish it had come out sooner (although it wouldn't have been an anniversary) but still i'm only interested in about 3 more DS games now and getting ready for the 3DS next year!

its likely that we will get info on the new wiiremote+ tommorow, thats all my source could tell.:woops:

Indeed we did.

The Wii Remote Plus will release in Europe on 5th November in four colours: white, black, pink and blue. We've asked Nintendo how much it costs.

It has the same physical dimensions of the standard Wii Remote and all compatible peripherals, including the Nunchuk and Classic Controller, can be plugged into its base. It works in exactly the same was as the Wii Remote with a Wii Motion Plus plugged in.

Meanwhile, Nintendo announced that FlingSmash, which comes bundled with a Wii Remote Plus, will release in Europe on 19th November.