NEurope

I'm putting my money on it being the last game he needed to have purchased every release on the Wii :heh:

I think i'm gonna start buying some more games on my wanted list; I feel i'm being stingy to myself.

Hero out of interest what do you do for a living? How do you have the time and funds to spend this much on gaming :/ I've barely been able to touch my consoles in the last year :(

Okay, it's one crazy game!

Ok... that video has to be sped up majorly, i could never play a game if it was played at that speed, I have no idea what I even just watched!

How many games do you own? :bowdown:

Wii games? 80 odd.

Okay, it's one crazy game!

Indeed. Its colourful and quirky and you should know me by now that these things float my gaming boat. :D Ive been after it for a while I was just waiting for it to drop in price and amazon had it for a tenner so I snapped it up. I think Ganepark played it a while back aswell.

Hero out of interest what do you do for a living? How do you have the time and funds to spend this much on gaming :/ I've barely been able to touch my consoles in the last year :(

I would tell you but then I would have to kill you...:grin:

Here's IGNs Top 25 Wii Games so far. The article itself is worth a read but if you just want the list then look below. :D

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/104/1048874p1.html

25) De Blob

24) No More Heroes

23) Wario Land: Shake It!

22) Rabbids Go Home

21) Wii Sports Resort

20) Dead Space Extraction

19) Muramasa: The Demon Blade

18) Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

17) Boom Blox: Bash Party

16) Excitebots: Trick Racing

15) Super Paper Mario

14) Lost Winds: Winter of the Melodias

13) Mario Kart Wii

12) Punch-Out!!

11) Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

10) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

09) MadWorld

08) Okami

07) Guitar Hero 5

06) New Super Mario Bros. Wii

05) World of Goo

04) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

03) Super Smash Bros. Brawl

02) Metroid Prime Trilogy

01) Super Mario Galaxy

Looking at the list just saddens me how we still haven't got Excitebots. :(

really wish they woulnt mix wiiware games with wii games.

leave out super paper mario and im happy i think :)

really wish they woulnt mix wiiware games with wii games.

leave out super paper mario and im happy i think :)

Why should they leave Wiiware games out? Hell, Braid is one of the 360's best games and it matches the quality of most retail games.

Looking at the list just saddens me how we still haven't got Excitebots. :(
Tell me about it. :sad:

We're never getting that game are we? :weep:

Nice to see Rabbids Go Home on there though. icon14.gif

Obviously there are a few glaring omissions too, but hey... it is IGN. :heh:

Why should they leave Wiiware games out? Hell, Braid is one of the 360's best games and it matches the quality of most retail games.

Exactly. World of Goo is to the Wii, as Braid is to the 360 (Although both are also available on other platforms). There's no reason it shouldn't be on the list, it was probably the best Wii game of 2008 (Yes, I thought it was better than Brawl and Mario Kart). The thing that really looks out of place though is Guitar Hero 5. Especially so high on the list.

because it costs way less.... its not the same format at all.

its different. you cant compare world of goo to new super mario bros wii because the price factor comes into it.

If they were both the same price would you rather own okami or world of goo?

Price has nothing to do with it, its about the quality of the game. Just look at LostWinds that game is better than alot of tripe on retail shelves.

You can get Okami for less than World of Goo just about everywhere now if that helps. ;)

because it costs way less.... its not the same format at all.

its different. you cant compare world of goo to new super mario bros wii because the price factor comes into it.

If they were both the same price would you rather own okami or world of goo?

I'm not sure NMSBWii cost more to make than World of Goo.

And I haven't played Okami yet, but I would put WoG on the same shelf as Okami if it was retail.

You can get Okami for less than World of Goo just about everywhere now if that helps. ;)

Where?

I'm pretty sure I've seen Okami for a tenner in various places online? Unless my bastard eyes have been deceiving me again.

I haven't got a problem with them mixing in Wii Ware games with the other ones. In fact, isn't that a huge compliment to the Wii Ware games? Saying that they deserve to be placed amongst other titles you could buy in the shops? If I was a developer of one of those games, I would feel pretty damn proud.

Maybe they could just put in brackets (Wii Ware) so that you know which ones are Wii Ware and which are retail. It's not entirely neccessary, but it might be helpful.

Price has nothing to do with it, its about the quality of the game. Just look at LostWinds that game is better than alot of tripe on retail shelves.

price has everything to do with it.. world of goo woulnt have gotten over 9s if it was full price... Lostwinds is about 3 hours long and also wouln't have worked as a full price game.

In my opinion anyway they should be seperate.

price has everything to do with it.. world of goo woulnt have gotten over 9s if it was full price... Lostwinds is about 3 hours long and also wouln't have worked as a full price game.

In my opinion anyway they should be seperate.

But if those games you mentioned were full price they would surely have a bit more content than they have now. The low price just matches the content you're going to get.

Not to mention that there are various full price games that aren't worth their money.

Lostwinds is about 3 hours long and also wouln't have worked as a full price game.

The likes of Gears of War, Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 2 single player sections of the game last a max of 5 hours tops and you pay £40-45 for the game yet the games don't get marked down in score. Granted the you get multiplayer on top of that but when you compare the single player parts of the game you could quite easily put the like so LostWinds on a store shelf.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Okami for a tenner in various places online?

Pretty much. The likes of HMV, Play.com, GAME, Gameplay, Ebay and Amazon usually have it for sale for £10 or at least BOGOF.

EDIT: Here's the top selling games in Japan so far.

1. Wii Fit (Nintendo): 3 536 288

2. Wii Sports (Nintendo): 3 528 473

3. Wii Play (Nintendo): 2 697 416

4. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo): 2 355 816

5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo): 1 812 706

6. Mario Party 8 (Nintendo): 1 354 885

7. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo): 1 318 421

8. Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo): 1 166 901

9. Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo): 964 414

10. Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom): 939 707

11. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo): 798 239

12. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Nintendo): 635 467

13. Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Bandai Namco): 595 269

14. Mario & Sonic aux Jeux Olympiques (Nintendo): 594 157

15. The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess (Nintendo): 554 109

16. Super Paper Mario (Nintendo): 506 298

17. Dragon Quest Swords (Square Enix): 489 112

18. Wii Music (Nintendo): 402 539

19. Pokemon Battle Revolution (Nintendo): 352 123

20. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Nintendo): 324 288

Edited by Hero-of-Time

But if those games you mentioned were full price they would surely have a bit more content than they have now. The low price just matches the content you're going to get.

Not to mention that there are various full price games that aren't worth their money.

That doesn't matter. If this list is going on value for money then fine by me I guess but well..I dunno still sounds wrong to me. This isn't really a big deal to me really anyway.

The likes of Gears of War, Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 2 single player sections of the game last a max of 5 hours tops and you pay £40-45 for the game yet the games don't get marked down in score. Granted the you get multiplayer on top of that but when you compare the single player parts of the game you could quite easily put the like so LostWinds on a store shelf.

again this is REALLY reading into this but..

Why are you ignoring multiplayer here? Lostwinds is about a 3 hour long game with no replay value it would be PANNED if it was retailed full price.

I think world of goo would hold up better at retail but it isn't enough. Games are too short. And that's not the devs fault, that's the size limit.

Edited by mcj metroid
Automerged Doublepost

WoG is around 8 hours if you're not going after OCD scores.

I can't find a Okami for sale that cheap, its out of stock almost everywhere.

I can't find a Okami for sale that cheap, its out of stock almost everywhere.

Shino, Play.com have it in stock now for £14.99 or 2 for £25. Not sure if they deliver to your neck of the woods though.

Ubisoft Loses More Profits on Wii

Ubisoft's history with the Wii.

Ubisoft Loves Wii

Ubisoft Financials - Red Steel and Rayman Top 5 Wii Launch games

Ubisoft: we take our profits from Wii and DS and fund 360 and PS3 development

Ubisoft CEO: Ubisoft will have “Nintendo-like quality” on the Wii

Wii Not Making Ubisoft Monies

UbiSoft to launch "Play Zone" label for Wii games