NEurope
Solo

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Yes, and I'm very disappointed. From the initial screens, it looks like they are trying to use a Clone Wars-esque style to the character models. And plus, it's an MMO. Urgh.... I just wanted to play a new KotOR game in single player as that's the best part about them. I may look into it once it's released but I would rather it wasn't an MMO

Yeah completely agree, as exciting as another Bioware developed SW game sounds I'm just not a fan of MMO's.

I mean even a smaller scale PSO type game would've been preferable. With a decent single player of course.

This could be awesome. If they actually deliver on a good story on the MMO setting, especially in one so promising as an Old Republic setting, then they could really be on to something special.

If anyone can do it, it's going to be Bioware.

Well I am a massive KOTOR fan, bit disappointed, don't like the look of it, looks too clone wars esque....am I right in thinking its just PC?

yeah just PC

who knows; maybe I'll even own a machine worthy by the time it comes out :heh:

@ spirited away - Bioware have said they are considering a console version. It doesn't mean it'll happen but it also doesn't mean it won't happen. Not really a strong indication but it'll be suffice for those interested.

@ spirited away - Bioware have said they are considering a console version. It doesn't mean it'll happen but it also doesn't mean it won't happen. Not really a strong indication but it'll be suffice for those interested.

Well, stronger than a rumour anyways.:smile:

I'm curious to see how they handle the Jedi "problem".

simple enough: Republic vs Sith Empire so they will have hundreds of thousands of force wielders on each side :)

as for balance (which is what you probably meant) I have no idea.

simple enough: Republic vs Sith Empire so they will have hundreds of thousands of force wielders on each side :)

as for balance (which is what you probably meant) I have no idea.

Yeah I don't think it will as much of a problem as say in Star Wars Galaxies as the main focus here will be on the Jedi and Sith rather than trying to create a fully living breathing universe.

I really hope this makes it to PS3, although to be fair will be playing DC Universe anyway...so could wait until the far future when I have a good enough PC for this.

Yeah I was thinking of how it was in Star Wars Galaxies, and how they screwed it up. So you're saying everyone will be a Jedi?

Not sure. We dont need more WOW clones. Warhammer and Conan left a bad taste. I dont think the graphics are really the problem but what does it really bring to the genre?

MMORPG need an overhaul.

Yeah I was thinking of how it was in Star Wars Galaxies, and how they screwed it up. So you're saying everyone will be a Jedi?

I reckon so...or if not at least kick ass character types, none of the boredom classes that were present in Galaxies. Think of the classes in KOTOR but just transferred over, a real big emphasis on Jedi.

20 minutes of gameplay has been posted on IGN It is sure shaping up to be a great looking game :D

I agress the Star Wars IP has been overused. But I wouldn't say a waste of time, a fully voiced mmo where your choices actually make a difference (very much Mass Effect stylee) sounds good to me.

Im annoyed because that looked so fantastic. Don't like the style then have gone with the characters though. Combat looks flashy but not sure how much actual FUN it will be, as Aion has most, if not all the classes having chain abilities, i.e. moves that require others moves to connect to become available. In crude way, its like a 3d fighter when I launcher has landed and allows you to combo moves in. This did not seem to have that, which is a deal breaker for me, but it's still early days.

So many MMOs coming out but im going with what's available right now (or at least very soon).

Aion will do me for the mean while... but on the horizon we have Old Republic, FF XIV and Blizzards new MMO.

I think all of these are going to be extremely high quality and have millions and million spent on development. Because they have the potential to make billions as Blizzard have shown, which leads to more innovation :D

Aion will do me for the mean while... but on the horizon we have Old Republic, FF XIV and Blizzards new MMO.

I think all of these are going to be extremely high quality and have millions and million spent on development. Because they have the potential to make billions as Blizzard have shown, which leads to more innovation :D

Or more copycatting 'me too' with something different tacked on the end...maybe that's what you meant by innovation :heh: Oh and don't forget about Guild Wars 2, which, if it remains free after initial payment, maybe good as a 'secondary' MMO.

I think you'll find the definition of innovation is 'Imitate a previous game with two differences.' :P

either way its an exciting time for MMO's with the WoW subscription base likely to start declining as it nears the end of its life. Although have you seen the new expansion? Azeroth looks awesome and the new alliance race is freaking sweet, still not enough to make me subscribe once again.

Edit: There really should be a general MMO thread.

I think you'll find the definition of innovation is 'Imitate a previous game with two differences.' :P

either way its an exciting time for MMO's with the WoW subscription base likely to start declining as it nears the end of its life. Although have you seen the new expansion? Azeroth looks awesome and the new alliance race is freaking sweet, still not enough to make me subscribe once again.

Edit: There really should be a general MMO thread.

Nope not seen it. Graphics are so old hat on Warcraft i dont think I could ever touch it again, and that was the briefest of touches.

20 minutes of gameplay has been posted on IGN It is sure shaping up to be a great looking game :D

All it did to me was wish they made another Kotor... I love those games so much.

But ME2 will have to do for now.