NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

Cool, nice to hear that more DLC has been confirmed and that the PS3 owners of the game finally get them!

Yeah I'm not sure I really want them. I kind of want to move on from Fallout, DLC for this sort of game isn't quite working out in my head.

Any ideas how much the expansion packs will cost on disc? I don't have my own copy of Fallout 3, but I can get it fairly cheap so it'd be interesting to see if it'd be cheaper to get the GOTYE or just get the game and expansions separately, or just get the game and DLC-it-up...

I think your best bet would be GOTY edition. I can see myself buying all the DLC like a fool.

Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #1 includes The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC on June 12th across Europe.

Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #2 includes Broken Steel and Point Lookout on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC in August across Europe.

A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for £39.99 / €59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and £29.99 / €49.99 for PC.

Retail versions of the game add-on packs for PS3 will not be available and the DLC will only be available for download via PlayStation Network or with the Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition.

As Choze already posted.

Yeah I'm not buying any of it. However I would've happily bought the GotY ed if I hadn't bought Falllout 3 the day after it came out. I paid full price in game because it was the only chance I had of obtaining it before going home one day. Gotta love impulse buys.

Got this on the 360 but never completed it. Might wait for GOTY edition and pick this up for the PS3.

Daft the game is fucking awesome, play it! And why get it for PS3, apparently it isn't that smooth a version (although I didn' notice any problems). Plus you have more choice if you were rethinking over the DLC.

Decided to finally get Broken Steel today (before I had read this :().

I was thinking of picking up the rest eventually but unless the price of the DLC is reduced (does that ever happen ?) it probably now makes more sense for me to wait until the GotY version is released and pick that up instead.

Daft the game is fucking awesome, play it! And why get it for PS3, apparently it isn't that smooth a version (although I didn' notice any problems). Plus you have more choice if you were rethinking over the DLC.

Just ran out of steam a bit. Plus, some of the glitches were infuriating. And the combat it pretty turd.

I loved wandering around.

Just ran out of steam a bit. Plus, some of the glitches were infuriating. And the combat it pretty turd.

I loved wandering around.

it was buggy, but i loved the combat, even after 40 hours ont he wastes, nothing was more awsome then hitting up vats and exploding a whole load of ghoul heads without pause.

i did it for my friend on his game and he said "that looked fucking amazine!"

i agreed.

seriosuly excited about dusting off ym main profile, getting soem further adventures in.

Been playing this recently thanks to a friend getting his bro into the game. Am now hooked but totally crushed when I remember that there is STILL no DLC for the PS3. Although after a little searching at the bethesda forums, there are rumblings that E3 will announce a change to all of this.

And look who hinted at this first :D Only half believed the rumours were true though at the time.

Fuuuuucccckkiiiiing Albino Radscorpions.. they're insane.

Hit level 28 earlier, will soon make it to 30 and try and get all three achievements for it at once. Will also probably load an older save to get the others, thinking this might be my second 1000G game.

Damn it!! I already got my 4200 Microsoft points from Zavvi today. They got processed and dispatched before I'd even seen this thread. >.< Well, I'm thinking I might as well use the points to buy the DLC, being as I have nothing else to spend them on. :/

Although is it likely that the DLC will drop in price on the marketplace? Also, will the two new DLC packs be available via the marketplace?

Two new packs will be available via marketplace. Price drops might happen as part of the gold deal of the week thing but that tends to be about it.

But the disks will just be 'press A to download the content to your hard drive'

9711989x.jpg

This has been on Play for ages

But I'm guessing that the GotY version won't need placing on the HDD.

Every time I come back to this I remember how awesome it is, so I'm deciding that I will get the Achorage add-on. Hypocritical I know, but the level cap thing is just too much to ingnore.

Doing my second play-through, haven't really done (m)any quests but at level 6 just from going in buildings and shit. Being evil is great cause there's no limits and honing different skills this time round. Sneak is fun - I was in a normal building when I saw could see the red dot indicating there was an enemy. I made a bit of noise and he said 'I know you're here somewhere.' So i snuck round the corner came up behind him and shot him in the back of the head. That's probably standard affair to most but I'm used to just running in with a missile.

VATS still hasn't worn on me, it's awesome.

i did a little casual play in my evil profile today, just finding new areas, and seeing how much i can over use the fatman.

i still love my good profile, cant wait to get in more advetures.

have to start my neutral playthough. very aware that i wont really have a place to store my stuff or a house of my own.

have to start my neutral playthough. very aware that i wont really have a place to store my stuff or a house of my own.

Rent the room in Rivet City and never close the door.

Every time I come back to this I remember how awesome it is, so I'm deciding that I will get the Achorage add-on. Hypocritical I know, but the level cap thing is just too much to ingnore.

It's Broken Steel that increases the level cap.

Operation Anchorage is probably the worst of the 3 expansions. It's still good, just very linear. Plus, since the whole expansion is set in a simulator, all you take with you into it is your EXP. Equipment can't be taken in or out of the simulator. It makes playing it a bit odd, since it doesn't really feel like your playing as your own character since you don't have access to your usual weapons etc.

It's still good though, I particularly liked some of the scenery.

Ah OK. Was it Broken Steel that got very good reviews across the board?

Ah OK. Was it Broken Steel that got very good reviews across the board?

Broken Steel is easily the best. You can use all your equipment, there's some good weapons, it puts some better enemies in the wasteland (and some new random encounters), the quests fit into the main story and there's also a few extra ones (like the other wasteland quests) and some "unmarked" quests.

My only complaint:

It negates almost all the decisions at the end of the game. The only one that has an effect is the FEV virus choice.

As Choze already posted.

WOW! you totally understood what I asked, didn't you?

¬______________¬