NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

Put this back in the PS3 after a couple of months without playing and had a bit of fun wondering. Came across Drowned Devil's Crossing which freaked me a bit. Pretty cool effect.

I downloaded The Pitt. It's as buggy as fuck! I seem to have accidentally escaped the game world. And there's lots of reports of it freezing the game.

Edited by Cube

Does The Pitt increase the level cap? I've reached level 20. It's a shame because there's so many quests in the game I haven't done and I just know I'd get a load of XP for it.

Does The Pitt increase the level cap? I've reached level 20. It's a shame because there's so many quests in the game I haven't done and I just know I'd get a load of XP for it.

Nope thats the next DLC "Broken Steel" :)

Nope, it's the next DLC that increases the cap.

Edit: Screenshots

Outside the area:

dsc00098n.jpg

dsc00097tbw.jpg

dsc00096f.jpg

dsc00095u.jpg

dsc00094qca.jpg

Playing normally:

dsc00104hok.jpg

dsc00103kmz.jpg

dsc00101w.jpg

dsc00100zpi.jpg

dsc00099q.jpg

Woah, weird bugs. I'm getting The Pit when I get home from school. Hope they'll fix those bugs very soon though. How many points was it?

I dunno if The Pitt is to blame, but yesterday, after installing The Pitt and walking around in some Metro Station on my way to the Lincolm Memorial. My Xbox froze, I restarted it, started playing again and it froze after a few minutes and when I then tried to restart the machine, it gave me a RRoD =(

I played alot before "activating" The Pitt and it was right after the radio distress call thingy popped up that it froze. Thank god my GF has an Xbox and that we live together, instant replacement Xbox xP

Bloody hell, I'm really glad I didn't download it! O.o Tbh, when I heard about the bugs and errors, I decided against getting it just yet. I'll wait till Bethesda get thier act together.

*breathes a sigh of relief* glad was in work when was up.

will get now when heard word thats the bugs are defo gone

Seems to work fine for me. I'm quite a way through and I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary.

And I'm fairly certain they have increased the lvl cap. I just hit lvl20 and the exp bar is still going up as usual.

Wow, Fallout3 won the GDC GOTY. Awesome. Just bought the game on eBay earlier actually :D

How does the increase level cap with broken steel work. Can you go back into your main quest and get XP again or is it just the DLC?

How does the increase level cap with broken steel work. Can you go back into your main quest and get XP again or is it just the DLC?

I believe that Boken Steel takes place after the main quest (and you'll need to do the last mission again before you can go it). However, it will let you do whatever after you've completed it.

I'm so confused how DLC works in Fallout 3. Probably because I haven't got any yet... but, after the ending of the main quest, how do you then play the DLC... I mean... Agh.

I'm so confused how DLC works in Fallout 3. Probably because I haven't got any yet... but, after the ending of the main quest, how do you then play the DLC... I mean... Agh.

At the moment you can't continue on after the main quest. You need to have a save from before the end.

Once you have the DLC (Operation Anchorage or The Pitt) you get a radio message and the quest marker on the map. You can do the DLC missions at any time (well..between exiting the vault and starting the final quest).

However, Broken Steel will alter the ending of the game and continue on the story, so you'll need to play the final mission again. At the end of the Broken Steel you'll be able to wander around the wasteland (unlike the end of the current final quest).

Hmm, that's a bit annoying because I want to wander around and do other quests but I don't want to end up getting Broken Steel and having no quests to get XP other than creature killing.

Hmm, that's a bit annoying because I want to wander around and do other quests but I don't want to end up getting Broken Steel and having no quests to get XP other than creature killing.

All you need is a save from before the final mission.

That's really annoying. I think I will wait until Broken Steel... unless if you do that... do all the other quests you didn't complete just... disappear? But that's be pointless in letting you carry on... so they wouldn't do that would they.

Because the whole, my character, my story and general continuation is pretty important to me. I don't want to go back to an old save and play new quests, etc... although, I guess it doesn't matter too much, because after all you don't get anything from the last quest.

Hum... *ponders*

I finished Fallout 3 today with 1000 gamerpoints (I don't have any DLC). What a truly wonderful gem of a game, I am truly grateful for having been able to experience this gaming masterpiece. This is a 10/10 game if there ever was one. Loved every minute of it and I am going to miss the Wasteland.

If you loved Fallout 3 you should try and find Fallout 1&2. GoG.com have them for a cheap download with no DRM.

Love Fallout 3. Defo 10/10 game. I downloaded the pitt but i'm waiting till i'm bored of Resi5 before i dive into it.