NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

Awesome...

I randomly stumbled across a Firelance - an upgraded version of the Alien Blaster. It's extremely powerful (I saved then tested it out). Pity there's only 25 Alien Cells...I'll have to find the crash site for more ammo.

Downloaded Operation Anchorage but haven't tried it yet. Can you replay the mission whenever you want by going in the simulator ? i.e if you complete it, can you go back & play it again & would you want to ? Has it got replay value ? Thanks

Downloaded Operation Anchorage but haven't tried it yet. Can you replay the mission whenever you want by going in the simulator ? i.e if you complete it, can you go back & play it again & would you want to ? Has it got replay value ? Thanks

Unfortunately, no. The game does create a new save (not the auto one) just before you go in there.

I've played through it three times so far:

1st was just all guns blazing with a level 20 character.

2nd was just messing around, experimenting and exploring the world outside the barrier (there's a massive lake out of view).

3rd was semi-stealthily (Sniper) with a level 2 character (I was at level 7 when I finished) and finding all the hidden intel. It does a good job of balancing to your level.

A nice little tip for the second section:

- Select a weapons package from the computer.

- Speak to the Quartermaster. Make sure you pass the speech test thing.

- Ask for your weapons.

- Drop everything (except your armour) on the floor.

- Go back to the computer and select a different package.

- Ask the Quartermaster to change your weapons. Drop them.

- Repeat for the last few packages.

- Pick up everything off the floor.

Is rubbish. A small bonus to a few stats.

You gain the "Power Armour" perk when you finish the simulation so you can use your new armour straight away.

Cheers Cube, i will save just before i get near the simulator so i can go back whenever.

Discovered that Moria(?) bitch in Megaton and her quests to get you adjusted to the game. I wish i'd found that earlier but I didn't realise the place was only locked at night. Finally found an empty bed to sleep in to. Don't think i'm ready to go up to Normal though. 4 raiders nearly killed me...

She was the one I sold everything to, I should've found another person to deal with though because her voice was effing annoying. Can't remember the phrase she used to milk but it was unbelievably irritating.

I'm going through the game as a neutral and it's nowhere near as bad as expected. In fact...it's just as fun as the Good and Evil playthroughs. Sure, I'm avoiding the Megaton quest so no proper house for me (I rented the room in Rivet City - the game thinks you still own it as long as you don't close the door). That extra bit of thought to keep things level keeps the game fresh (although I did have to kill a beggar who needed water once).

Guys, on Kotaku a few days ago, it says that you can keep playing the game if you download the DLC after you complete the main quest. I'm one quest away from completing the game now, so I was wondering if this was true? I was planning on making a really awesome save before I do the final quest so I can go back there and carry on, but I won't bother if this is true. Thanks!

Upcoming DLC will enable 360 owners to continue exploring the wasteland after they complete Fallout 3's main quest. But Bethesda again says no such capability will be extended to the PS3 version.

It's the third bit of DLC that lets you do that. I'm fairly sure that it's a continuation of the main game. Although it would make no sense if PS3 owners can't continue.

It was ok. But felt just like an ordinary shooter due to the lack of scavenging the areas.

Got 1100 achievement points on this now - may look for the alien ship at some point, but unlikely to pick it up again until the next (hopefully better) DLC comes out.

It's the third bit of DLC that lets you do that. I'm fairly sure that it's a continuation of the main game. Although it would make no sense if PS3 owners can't continue.
Grr. That sucks - I hate it when games don't let you continue after completion. Especially in an RPG.

Ah well, making one super save before I do the final quest it is. :)

Finished the main quest mid-week. The ending is a bit disapointing. 2 achievements left 300 human kills and 50 hacks. Any tips?

all the people in the simulation for the DLC are all humans and tally up towards the 300.

50 hacks havent done myself yet

Wtf you've got all the achievements bar those? I thought they'd be easy enough to get as you go through the game... Perhaps go to the Raider-infested places like the bed & breakfast, as they constantly seem to re-appear there. Or just go on some killing sprees in rivet city/megaton? I think most of the residents in the towers have computers, too, but I'm not totally sure.

I can't really remember any places with loads of computers, though. Each of the power plants on the map has one to unlock a safe, and there's at least four of those, amirite?

Just finished it. Great game, lame ending. It felt so rushed, almost like they were out of development time or something. It's still one of the best games of 2008, but it's a shame that it finished in such an anti-climatic fashion.

I am apparently the only one who adored the ending :/

It might contribute that I had over 40 hours played before finishing it :Þ

60 or so hours (when I last looked) and I had only got to just finishing the Tranquility Lane quest (which was awesome and a WTF moment). My refusal to fast travel and fondness for just dossing in the Wastelands may explain the time consumption.

Now that Fable 2 is almost done with for a while I hope to get back on this.

I am apparently the only one who adored the ending :/

It might contribute that I had over 40 hours played before finishing it :Þ

I have 20 hours logged, but I don't think the length of time played will have anything to do with your response to the last chapter of the game. Whereas the main story was usually quite epic and focused on exploration and combat, engaging the player with different ways to approach each situation, the last mission is simply a joke that makes it appear that they ran out of ideas.

"Hey, follow this big robot, kill a few guards in Project Purity and then make an arbitary choice that has no real impact since we're stopping you from continuing now!"

It's a small complaint, honestly it is, since my time with the game was always utterly entertaining, but after such a good story I wanted a worthy ending. I didn't get it.

I shan't be getting the new DLC until the one that allows you to continue your game and raises the level cap. This is because I'm already at level 20 and if I did the new DLC without levelling up, I would feel like I wasn't really achieving that much. It's a shame, because I want to keep playing this game, but there's a few small things preventing me until the March DLC.

There's plenty of terminals to hack in the DLC. They're all turret terminals.

Also there's a few in

Vault 92 (where you meet the friendly super mutant who helps you get the G.E.C.K), but they're all hard difficulty. Best thing to do is save before you try it.

Yea I got a few there. I always save before hacking even if they are easy. I had made 160 saves before I finished.

I've spent about 62 hours on the game so far, and I've just started American Dream (please, someone tell me what the name of the last mission is!). I love finding places, but I have no idea how many places there are in total. I've got to get 5 more quantum colas (drank a bunch before i got the mission...), find the oasis and paradise falls, but I don't know what the other missions do.

I reckon i might have all the basic schematics, and a fair few lvl 2/3 ones. 9 bobbleheads! Woop woop.