NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

I have no idea how long it took me.

Also, Zeta was good. Better than Broken Steel. The big problem with it is that areas were locked off for no reason once you'd completed it.

Really enjoyed walking across the bridge and into The Pitt. Got me into the hellish mindset nicely. I think The Pitt's been the best DLC I've played so far but it was incredibly short and easy, and a lot of opportunities for smaller missions were skipped over - it would've been nice to have been tempted further into joining the Pitt Raiders.

Operation Anchorage was just a rip on FPS games, it seemed. Not a bad experience, but kinda felt like Bethesda were trying out a possible multiplayer sort of thing. Was a bit jarring with the different health/weaponry. Also I wasn't paying ANY attention before I sat in the sim-chair, and I was busy checking out the items in the unlocked room at the end so I didn't really get WHY it all got a bit civil-war so suddenly.

Just got Broken Steel left. So far each DLC has gone in a different direction and I've enjoyed them all. In retrospect, the emptiness/lonliness tone that the main game prides itself on didn't translate as well to the smaller, yet still sparse and under-utilised areas such as The Pitt and Point Lookout -- though still very enjoyable.

I remember when I first got The Pitt. Literally half the models were missing, there was colossal gaps in the map and everything was broken. Apparently someone put the wrong version onto the Xbox Marketplace.

Edit:

fallout-3-dlc-the-pitt-errors.jpg

dsc00104hok.jpg

I used to love that old 'time sponge' which was Fallout 3 on the PS3 but it was buggy at times especially the DLC stuff. I swear that Fallout 3 helped to totally screw up my old PS3. I've got New Vegas (same game engine as before) but didn't play too much of it for fear of the game messing up my PS3 slim.

They are far better on the PC if your set up can handle them, mainly due to the mods. I mainly shy away from game altering mods or additional weapons bar the odd few, the mods I get are fixes, improvements and texture maps. In reality they are only fixing broken aspects of the game which shouldn't be that way.

For some reason the way the ps3 handles its memory is at adds to besthada games, something to do with memory handling and not dumping, hence the skyrim issue of the ever increasing save size causing issues

But Iam only going on info cobbled together from Bethesda forums

The Broken Steel DLC was probably my least favourite. It started out with a great cinematic set piece, then just decided to throw a bunch of the hardest foes at me over and over and over. It wasn't timed well, for my character was very low on credits and all weapon conditions were low so repairs were needed but not affordable. So each 'battle' is just a matter of time. I also never really liked the Brotherhood angle, anyway.

In fact; fuck feral ghoul reavers altogether. I don't get how/why zombiesque bag of bones gets to be so damn tough. Gah!

.. The tesla cannon is making things a lot more bearable.