NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

Is it just me, or do other people piss their pants with excitement every time "war...war never changes" is said?

Well I think that line is pretty cool even though I won't be able to play the DLC. Snake has a different opinion in MGS4 when he says 'War has changed'.

I think they can both be right.

Sorry, but Ron Perlman said war doesn't change way before Snake/David Hayter said it does.

You mean Perlman said it before the Fallout narrator.

Oh wait he said it before he disagrees?

Don't know where this is leading...

You mean Perlman said it before the Fallout narrator.

Oh wait he said it before he disagrees?

Don't know where this is leading...

Perlman is the Fallout narrator.... This means he said War never changes back in '97 for the first game. Quite a while before Snake disagrees and says war has changed.

I think they can both be right.

Agreed, war is always changing in the sense that technology and tactics are becoming more advanced. However, it's always the same, because it's always about fighting and killing. [/philosophical mode]

Btw, does anyone know where I can get microsoft points for cheap? I'm going to need at least 2400 to purchase all the Fallout 3 DLC. :/

Me too. Was gonna buy 4200 from Gamepointsnow but they're sold out ._.

Agreed, war is always changing in the sense that technology and tactics are becoming more advanced. However, it's always the same, because it's always about fighting and killing. [/philosophical mode]

Btw, does anyone know where I can get microsoft points for cheap? I'm going to need at least 2400 to purchase all the Fallout 3 DLC. :/

You could try ebay

4200 points go for about £33 if you're lucky. It's just a case of finding one that you trust. That said, HMV are selling 4200 codes for £32.99 right now if you can wait.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=12;6;369;-1;53&sku=736126

Hmmm, that doesn't sound too bad. I'll wait until my next payment from work comes in (a week today) and see if there's any new offers, if not then I'll go for that one. Ty for the linkage! ^^

Even better, 2100 points are £15 on Zavvi.co.uk. Two of those = £30 for 4200, which I've just ordered. :D

Does anyone know if the Broken Steel has been patched yet? I heard a few people were having troubles with it (Achievements appearing but not adding to your gamerscore and NPC/event glitches being the main things).

Last time I played a game that had gamerscore issues (Phantasy Star Universe) I had unlocked them once but it didn't add to my score. What I had to do once the patch was released was: Delete my gamertag from my console, recover it from live (to remove the glitched achievements), unlock achievements again. I really don't want to have to do all that again with Fallout. It wasn't so bad for PSU since you can repeat mission with the same character, but on Fallout, I would essentially have to play through the whole expansion again.

Game was pulled from GFWL after a couple of hours because of an error in the installer. Some people have subsequently managed to re-download it via their download history but Beth are being very tight-lipped about their progress on the problem. Word on the old internet grapevine is that the Achievement issues with the 360 version are taking priority over FO3PC and that BS won't be available to download until early next week.

It's weird that it's taking so long. They did a real good job of fixing The Pitt. Less than 12 hours IIRC. I was somewhat impressed.

Wow is 360 Broken Steel broken ?? i downloaded it & have been levelling up without playing the BS missions but have been working away fo a couple of days so haven't played it for a couple of days.

Edited by Gio001

I got Broken Steel on release and haven't even attempted the missions yet either. Been too busy doing quests I hadn't done before just because of the increased level cap.

Wow is 360 Broken Steel broken ?? i downloaded it & have been levelling up without playing the BS missions but have been working away fo a couple of days so haven't played it for a couple of days.

The complaints I've heard so far are about the new Achievements unlocking, but not adding to your gamerscore and a few people having issues getting certain parts of the Broken Steel story to move on (eg NPCs not giving you the right dialog or quest).

Edit: It's fixed now

Edited by Goafer
Automerged Doublepost

Cheers, glad i've just been levelling up till they got it fixed.

Unless I've completely misread between the lines — possible! — those of you roaming the wastes on PS3 might find yourself stumbling upon some new content soon. Perhaps "exclusive" means something different in the Capital Wasteland?

I don't want to pay for new stuff I just want them to increase the cap. Anything free that they add I would like really.

you were right.

Bethesda Softworks Europe Announces Plans for Additional Downloadable Content for Fallout 3 on Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 3

19th May, 2009 - Bethesda Softworks Europe is today pleased to announce that Fallout® 3 downloadable content (DLC) is coming to PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. We have been working on implementing it for a while and look forward to bringing it to PS3 gamers via the PlayStation Network. Operation: Anchorage will be released for PS3 in late June, followed by the release of The Pitt and Broken Steel 4-6 weeks apart. Release dates will be forthcoming.

In addition, a new update will be released for PS3 that will allow users to download and play the new DLC. The release date for that update will be announced at a later date.

There are also two new DLCs planned for all three platforms:

• Point Lookout – Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content.

• Mothership Zeta – The aliens have returned, and they’re pissed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you’re tough enough to survive.

Point Lookout will be available in late June for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 Microsoft Points. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live. Point Lookout will be available on PS3 after the first three DLCs have been released.

Mothership Zeta is scheduled for release in late July for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 Microsoft Points. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live. Mothership Zeta will be available on PS3 after Point Lookout.

Finally, new Fallout 3 products will be available at retail this year.

Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #1 includes The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC on June 12th across Europe.

Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #2 includes Broken Steel and Point Lookout on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC in August across Europe.

A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for £39.99 / €59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and £29.99 / €49.99 for PC.

Retail versions of the game add-on packs for PS3 will not be available and the DLC will only be available for download via PlayStation Network or with the Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition.

fantastic news...now I have an incentive to get back playing and get up to Level 20...

great! i was really gutted that broken steel wouldent make it to the ps3, now i can be happy!

great! i was really gutted that broken steel wouldent make it to the ps3, now i can be happy!

Yeah me to... I've completed the main story and found it hard motivating myself going back to an old save and doing everything again for the same ending but knowing that now I will be able to continue past that ending will make me pick it up again...