NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

Had my first oh shit moment yesterday when a behemoth came to tear me a new one. Only found out after that the game wanted me to pick up a fat man and tear the behemoth many ones. Did it with a shotgun and grenades though.

OK im getting furious. I accidentally stole a clipboard from Moira so i keep respawning with barely any HP and a town full of lunatics shooting at me. The game is unplayable right now. What do i do?? :confused:

Reload a different save unless youve just got your auto save.

When and where do I get the dog? I'm on my way to Rivet City.

I want a dog!! :heh:

P.S. I'm loving this.

If anyone is finding the game/combat too hard just go to settings and put it on easy. I haven't had a problem on normal so I'm not sure how a couple of people just keep dying. I've died all of three times.

When and where do I get the dog? I'm on my way to Rivet City.

I want a dog!! :heh:

P.S. I'm loving this.

If anyone is finding the game/combat too hard just go to settings and put it on easy. I haven't had a problem on normal so I'm not sure how a couple of people just keep dying. I've died all of three times.

Going to Rivet City for Moira? Thats the next one of her missions I am on, going to go via Galaxy Radio as part of the main quest.

I want the dog to! Dogmeat here boy!

I've died maybe about 8/9 times on normal. Not died for a while now, as gotten more used to it.

Has anyone met Dukov? Does he give you missions? I thought about killing him as seemed like a tw@t but don't wanna lose potential missions.

Going to Rivet City for Moira? Thats the next one of her missions I am on, going to go via Galaxy Radio as part of the main quest.

Nope, going there for the main quest... I think....

Not sure actually.... :heh:

I killed Dukov, he's a tw@t alright. Dogmeat is in the wastes

He is in the scrapyard which is about less than a real time minute walk south. When I found him he just got done killing 5 raiders by himself and barely took any damage.

I also save megaton in one of my games and blew it up in the other.

I'm really surprised at how much trouble some people have with the game(not just people here). I've barely had any hiccups in my experience. Although I've extensively played the originals and Oblivion and undertand the ins and outs of both francishes.

Is that Fallout 3 deal for the PS3 as well, anyone?

The Sainsburys one? I believe the PS3 version is £35.

Level 9 now

one of my fav games this gen already

at the tenpenny tower i stole from TWO safes and made 500 caps.

Strange thing thou i tryed to steal the furniture ladies key by pickpocketing...the first attempt i got caught but then when i loaded and tryed again the key wasnt available to steal :(. The women has the dart gun blueprints for 700 or so caps so have to save for it now.

my progress - spoiler click

I'm also at level 9.

I'm absolutely loving this game which I wasn't expecting at all since I really didn't care for Oblivion. It's so enjoyable. I think part of the reason is because a couple months ago I read Cormac McCarthy's The Road which is about a man and his son wandering the wastelands of a post-apocalyptic America, which is pretty close to what this game is about.

I did the 'Other' side quest. I think Bryan Wilks is an awesome minor character. I was actually pleased to help him.

I'm on the last chapter of Moira's 'Survival Guide' side quest. I lied to her about a couple of them. :heh:

I've just got to Rivet City and found Dr. Li and I picked up Dogmeat along the way. Shame his animations aren't as good as the dog in Fable.

My one problem with the game is just how ridged your character looks in third person and also how you basically never see your character's face. I know it sounds stupid but it's a bit annoying.

I can't wait to have another long session just wandering the wastelands. :smile:

got dogmeat today, love him. also, talked to the family, i also aranged a deal.

i like how ive learned some stuff about my dad, but have no idea were to find him. its a little annoying in terms of gameplay, but i guess it makes it more real, the trail going cold and only having the vaigest of ideas were he could be, maybe.

the bloody mess perk is great.

Bloody Mess is the only perk you shold not hesitate to take. I took it i the originals when all it did was make death violent. It's even better now.

I'm level 16 and still have not gone to GNR. :D

actualy, the quick learner perk and right here, right now were also perks that didnt require any thought.

i worry so much about dogmeat in the fights, he makes me do the most wreckless things, and yet i seem to pull it off for him.

Awesome to hear everyone telling different stories about their adventures....

I am currently level 5 and heading for Rivet City....

How many hours have people put in so far? I have only managed 10 because of other commitments, really want a whole day of just playing and exploring this great game.

bout 12-14

not got the dog yet

*scrolls up* ah yes i have to find someone to look after wilkes

I basically started this game over but its much more enjoyable now that i have a handle on it. Im decided to forego weapon strength and power in favor of high Speech, Bartering, and Sneak skills which seems to make things a little easier.

Where the hell is Ivan?

I got about 11 hours in loving this lovingly lovesome game.

I´ve had 2 hilarious glitches, the first was when i went to to the minefield and that nasty sniper starts shooting at me, I of course shot back and when he died he started bouncing around at high speed.

The second time was when I ran into a deathclaw, after I shat myself the deathclaw decided to shoot off into space, team rocket style.

After killing the raiders in that area and being extremely happy over my new flamethrower I realized that the deathclaw had just landed behind me....

31 at last count, tought about 8 of them come from leaving the game on while i get tea or somthing. still, very obsessive and more then a little sad.

pit-jr, ivan is in the subway station near the town. i missed it for ages too, you have to go past the two ghoules that live there and down a back passage.

ive had a couple of bad glitches, at one point, i was at the lincon memorial and tectures kept locking onto points on the environment, part of my face got stuck infront of the camera. in the end i had to go back to an ealier save. then, after a bulet hit a raider at some random point, large portions of the sky turned red, as did some invisable walls. anouther restart from earlier save.

I've got about 40 hours now.

Surely you must have had the game since way before the 31st to have accumulated 40 hours of play.

EDIT: Wait you don't live in the UK. My bad.

just got a task with real moral issues, 4 possible solutions, one is obviosuly evil, anouther isnt great but two of them really have me conflicted. the best corse of action isnt clear. love it.

My friend apparently got about 3 hours into the game (without saving since the start), and entered some building or other. The other guy inside left and locked the door behind him, leaving my friend in the room with no lock picks and no way to get out.

My friend apparently got about 3 hours into the game (without saving since the start), and entered some building or other. The other guy inside left and locked the door behind him, leaving my friend in the room with no lock picks and no way to get out.

Well it's probably too late now, but tell him to keep waiting until the person comes back. Even if they don't open the door he can try to steal a key, or kill the person if their sneak is low.

Alternativly shouldn't he have an autosave somewhere or is the whole building itself locked? Also waiting/sleeping will autosave.