NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

I got a van at 9 because of the size of the collectors edition. Its smaller than i thought though.

dammit...my regular copy hasn't turned up today...I am gutted first ever time GAME havn't got a game to me the day before. Just got back from Paris, expecting it to be here, the post was here but no fallout 3 :( :( :( and as if to rub it in I get a leaflet in the post from GAME telling me about the great special edtions I can get if I preorder!!!!

Here's the log;

29/10/2008 07:26:46 Your order has been dispatched.

27/10/2008 13:15:39 Your order is currently being picked and packed.

27/10/2008 12:26:25 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.

27/10/2008 11:45:32 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.

25/09/2008 09:16:09 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

dammit...my regular copy hasn't turned up today...I am gutted first ever time GAME havn't got a game to me the day before. Just got back from Paris, expecting it to be here, the post was here but no fallout 3 :( :( :( and as if to rub it in I get a leaflet in the post from GAME telling me about the great special edtions I can get if I preorder!!!!

Here's the log;

ah, mines the regular edition too. i guess that it arrived a little later then special addition.

back in the day, games never arived before the release date.

ah, mines the regular edition too. i guess that it arrived a little later then special addition.

back in the day, games never arived before the release date.

yeah I guess so, its just annoying after getting used to getting them early at least I know I am not alone!

I WANT this game so badly. After the Fable 2 debacle i'm waiting to see what price work have it in for, i paid an extra £20 for Fable 2 due to impatience :(

I think my games list of what to buy will be this order: Resistance 2, LBP then Fallout 3 (unless I get Fallout for my Bday)

Looks very fun, hope the story is engaging.

If the other games are anything to go by you will feel very connected to the story with any luck.

I think my games list of what to buy will be this order: Resistance 2, LBP then Fallout 3 (unless I get Fallout for my Bday)

Looks very fun, hope the story is engaging.

I'd like to comment on how engaing the mainstory is, but I'm too busy doing side quest for the last 20 hours.

Just maxed my level and got the karma achievements (lv 8, 14 and 20 - good, neutral and bad). Woop.

Okay, so with his money, my brother has ordered the LE version of Fallout 3. The package will be addressed to him, so who will be the one to have to get up early and answer the door for the mailman?

Yep, muggins here! :nono:

Fuck's sake.

Okay, so with his money, my brother has ordered the LE version of Fallout 3. The package will be addressed to him, so who will be the one to have to get up early and answer the door for the mailman?

Fuck's sake.

Hats off to your bro, he's made you his bitch :bowdown:

Fuck's sake.

Take a dump in the lunchbox then...

ok, well it turned up at 2.30, postie must be lazy or stupid or somthing.

my thoughts? amazine. ive been to megaton, chose not to detroy the town, blasted the face off the guy who wanted to. thats goooood karma. nicked his hat, went intot he wild kicking ass in my new hat.

ive done a couple of the proper story missions, though im yet to find anouther settlement like megaton. shame cos i have a ton of crap to sell.

combat is good, tend to spam the vats abit. bit disserpointed that ive not found any cool armour yet, that offers better protection then my vault stuff. early days though.

love shooting heads off people, though im a good guy so no random attacks for a laugh.

Level 11 now! only took 24 hours to do.

I've only done enough mainstory to get me out of the vault...

Damn still waiting for the post...I think I may go out in the hope it arrives whilst I am out...this wait is killing me...

I didn't like oblivion and this game looked really dull; but very slowly it's crept into my mind and I'm thinking of getting it now :) Maybe after christmas or something but it looks pretty good. How big is the one player game, roughly?

And also, what do you get extra in the special edition and is it worth it?

I didn't like oblivion and this game looked really dull; but very slowly it's crept into my mind and I'm thinking of getting it now :) Maybe after christmas or something but it looks pretty good. How big is the one player game, roughly?

well, ive been told that the single player is over 100 hours long, but that was also the case with oblivion.

id say there was a little more action the oblivion, but the two games are very similar. if it was the game mechanics you didnt like about oblivion, then this aint the game for you.

special edition gives you concept art, a bobble head figure, a making of documentory and a lunchbox, as far as i know. i would have liked it but the extra money was a bit to much for my current financial state.

and flameboy, my heart really goes out for you. hope it arrives soon.

I was thinking of picking it up today just for the hell of it, would give me something to do over the weekend but I knacked up Dead Space and I need to go through that 1 more time to get my final achievement.

This seems like it will be a pretty big game and I dont want to get bogged down in games, especially with Gears 2 arriving next week and then the onslaught of Mirrors Edge, Banjo Kazooie XBLA, Banjo Kazooie: N&B and CoD the week after!

Looks like this will have to be a game I pick up at a later date :(

well, ive been told that the single player is over 100 hours long, but that was also the case with oblivion.

id say there was a little more action the oblivion, but the two games are very similar. if it was the game mechanics you didnt like about oblivion, then this aint the game for you.

The game mechanics are quite different from Oblivion, karma has a real effect throughout the world and on the story. Leveling is done via experience points, as opposed to having to grind each skill untill you can level. The 3rd person view is infintely better than anything Bethesda has tried before. The shooting mechanics are well done, a bit hard to get the sensitivity right though on the controllers (but I had been using K/M for the past 11 hours...)

The characters are much more unique compared to oblivions set, where you could find the same person 3 times in each village....just with a different name.

Wandering the wastes is incredibly more enjoyable than wandering wandering the wilderness. It all feels unique.

As for the length (it's only single player fyi dazzybee) I've playeed 25 hours barely even explored DC and still haven't touched the main story. Although, I'm guessing that if you invested the same amount of time just in the main story and rushed through it.....well it'd be beaten.

Oh and I totally think the Ce is worth the extra monies. The lunchbox is nice quality the artbook is very well done, I haven't looked at the making of yet, and the bobble-head is quite nice. (and wobbly :p)

Hmmm, may get it. To be honest I don't want a game that lasts 100 hours (I'm past that in games now) so if it's about a 20 hour adventure, built up to whatever you want through sidequests etc. Then that could be good. All the changes to Oblivion sound better too!! And for a tenner extra the lunchbox alone is worth it :)