NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

I've decided to get this for 360 since I heard the framerate for the PS3 version is going to be a bit shaky.

I hope this thread explodes come thursday/friday when everyone gets their greasy mitts on the game.

i prefer it when just a few people appreicate the game, makes me feel part of somthing specail.

thats so depressing i might just asphixia-wank.

i prefer it when just a few people appreicate the game, makes me feel part of somthing specail.

Things are always better when they are little appreciated, I find.

I think I may be getting this in a few days for my Bday, hope my mum got the hint (thing is I'm already getting the new Nano - yay).

This game is actually going to be quality. It's been a while since I played a lengthy single player offering so hoepfully I can get into this chunky beast of a campaign.

]i prefer it when just a few people appreicate the game' date=' makes me feel part of somthing specail.[/b']

See I do agree to some extent but this is the franchises first real console outing, so I want to see it sell truck loads.

One of the IGN reviews slated it so much that I can't understand how it would get a 10/10

Stuff about production values, character models, script amongst other bugs/issues.

I'm in the US, installing now :D

if envy had a flavor, id be delicious.

a tip of the cap to the first to recognise my reference.

Just got an email from Game saying mine has been dispatched :)

Looks like I had better complete Fable 2 today, so I can fully concentrate on Fallout 3 if it arrives tomorrow :)

Yup mine too. Plan was to finish as much of fable 2 and dead space for thursday and trade in dead space for quantum of solace. The coursework rears its ugly head.

Gametrailers Review

^ trade in Dead Space for Quantum of Solace? You crazy? I doubt very much QoS will be anywhere near as good as Dead Space.

to be fair, quantem of solace has the call of duty 4 engine, and apparently a rather good multiplayer. id be more tempted by this then dead space, which i imagine would lose alot on a second run through.

I'm lazy and copying this from a different forum post, so I address some issues that another user had, while they are relevant, the context may seem a little weird without the other post. That said here is my long impressions plus pics.

Well, first and foremost I'll address NBTs complaints.

In my 10 hours of playing Fallout 3 I have encountered 4 glitches. One of which I'm not positive of. I've clipped into a wall once, and all I had to do was leave through the edge (the edge being the end of the wall). Another was when the ground texture didn't load in at a seam in the world (I have a pic for this one). The third definant glitch happened in Megaton. I walked out of a building and saw straight across from me a body falling off a ledge then land dead at the ground. I'm certain she died before the fall because the radgoll physics were in effect (and going whack). The last one is the most odd. Instead of being evil and blowing Megaton up, I decided to turn the guy in, so I went and talked to the sheriff. The sheriff(Simms) and I went to go arrest the culprit, we go to the saloon and after a bit of talking the guy decides to go peacefully, but as Simms turns away he pulls a gun and kills him. Naturally I reloaded to try and save Simms, well I got the drop on the enemy and attacked before he could shoot Simms (which broke his AI btw) as this happened Simms ran away like a little girl. After the fight, I went to try and find Simms......well I did, but he was dead at the bottom of a hill. My guess is that saving him somehow may break the scripting and thus isn't possible.

Now that were through with that.

The pip-boy, imo is worse than Oblivion's UI, at first at least. It took me a little bit but I am use to the Pip-boy and it isn't too bad, but navigating it is still a little odd, my mouse lags while using the PB. There is no hotkeying weapons (at least on PC...) so until you get use to the PB switching weapons (and you'll do it often at first) is a bit of a pain. For me VATS works great, except it suffers from the same mouse lag as the PB and selecting different body parts also lags.

At first I found combat without using VATS hard to do (may be poor preformance on my laptops part) but I'm more accustomed to the ins and outs and can generally kill things out of VATS. The 3rd person view is over the shoulder and many times much better than any 3rd person attemped in TES games. Melee combat works well and can be effective (got a pic for that too) but while in Melee VATS only allows a attack at the enemy, instead of specific parts. As far as levels and enemy power (in response to NBT) no Molerat should have survived a well place grenade, I was beating them to death with a baseball bat at level 2.

Skills and perks....well they kept plenty of things intact from the old games yet changed them to reflect the changes in gaming. Every skill is useful to have, although depending on your playstyle there are more useful skills to have. I'm not sure what else to write on this subject.

Exploration.....is wonderful, it all feels much more varied from Oblivion where one dungeon was interchangable with nearly any other dungeon. Out in the wastes it feels unique, and so far it seems that places to explore are less in numbers than TES, but I think that may be since the overworld it's self is like a large varied Dungeon you could take an uneventful stroll through a ruined town, or you may step into a town and sniper fire could rain down apon you.

As to the differences in experience between NBT and I, it may be *shudder* platform differences. As I was playing so was A Reaver, and we were confering as we played, and near as I can tell we both had enjoyable experiences with nary a game breaking bug.

now for pics...

These are all just straight up Medium Quality no AA 1280x800(photobucket resized though :()

ScreenShot0.jpg

Mother-****ing Fire Breathing ANTS!!!!. They're attacking each other in that pic. ^

ScreenShot1.jpg

One ant killed the other.

ScreenShot2.jpg

ScreenShot3.jpg

This thing scared the **** out of me, I was looking up at a corpse hanging on meat hooks.

ScreenShot4.jpg

Shot him in VATS.

ScreenShot5.jpg

ScreenShot6.jpg

Finished him with my bat.....I was practically out of ammo.

ScreenShot7.jpg

Grenade exploding near some Mirelurks, they have tough armor.

ScreenShot8.jpg

ScreenShot9.jpg

No Texture, for like 10 seconds. I took half a step after the pic though and it appeared.

ScreenShot10.jpg

Spooning Skeletons. el oh el.

ScreenShot11.jpg

Damn sniper blew a car up.

ScreenShot12.jpg

Car again.

ScreenShot13.jpg

ScreenShot14.jpg

Sorry NBT...

ScreenShot15.jpg

She was sleeping and I shot her head off. I reloaded after that though.

ScreenShot16.jpg

ScreenShot17.jpg

ScreenShot18.jpg

I wish I was quicker on the button for this one, VATS slo-mo followed my bullet until it hit their face and took off the head.

Wow, this took 50 minutes to type.

Ummm yeah, just remembered I forgot AI. Well not too much to say usually it's basic, but downright stupid, people will wait for you to come closer before revealing themselves(occasionally). The best example so far would be a group of 3 Super Mutants, but I only knew of two. Well we had a fire fight (one had a minigun :( he crippled my head...) I was wandering about looting and exploring still. When I got close to where they were the third popped out from behind a crumbling wall abour 3 feet in front of me and charged with his Melee weapon. I was surprised that he was smart enough to hide until I got close to him as oppose to charging into bullets with a 2x4. Oh and I dropped the Minigun mutant first, and his living buddy ran up and took the minigun to use on me. I've also shot weapons out of raiders hands at which point they will turn around and scramble to re-equip their weapon.

It's arrived!!

Shame I still haven't completed Fable 2 yet xD, might just skip the optional quest's and go for the main ones now.