NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

I'm gonna have good karma. I think it'll basically give the game much more length and be somehow more fun. Having bad karma would get old quickly wouldn't it?

I may get this as my first game from the big releases. It just appeals to me, my kind of thing ya-know?

YOU GOT GEARS 2 AS WELL!? lucky sod :P

Yep and Guitar Hero World Tour but my gamercard hasn't updated yet. All are must haves Gears is awesome

My Halloween night now has a purpose!

also, quantem of sollace is out

Are people going to be good or evil? I am nearly always good in games as I find it an easier way of justifying my actions. I have started games such as KOTOR taking each mission/quest/case on it's own merits and then eventually ended up good.

I have decided as I am currently being good in Bioshock I am likely to be evil in this as I justify saving myself and looking for my father rather than trying to save the world. Whilst there is the humanity take on things I'm thinking bugger them it's each to their own!

i usualy just try to play as i'd do in the situation (well, i dont run and find an adult but meh). which usualy makes me good, but full of wrath. like jesus with a mini gun.

I normally try to play so my character has the easiest way and/or most advantage...but sometimes even though it is only a game I just can't convince myself to commit myself to a bad deed :)

Only thing I always have to try is setting up dynamite in a enemy or NPC pocket ;)

I'm gonna have good karma. I think it'll basically give the game much more length and be somehow more fun. Having bad karma would get old quickly wouldn't it?

I may get this as my first game from the big releases. It just appeals to me, my kind of thing ya-know?

Yeah that is kinda true I know one of the first villiages you come to you can make a bad decision which cuts off all the missions for that...

I normally try to play so my character has the easiest way and/or most advantage...but sometimes even though it is only a game I just can't convince myself to commit myself to a bad deed :)

Only thing I always have to try is setting up dynamite in a enemy or NPC pocket ;)

Yeah I tend to be the same, thats why I couldn't kill the little sisters in Bioshock...

I have to say, up until yesterday I hadn't seen anything of this game. I had seen it mentioned a few times but hadn't seen anything on it. Looks good from what I've seen of the gameplay footage available. Just trying to decide whether or not to get this before xmas. Argh... too many good games on the 360 this xmas. I think this'll have to wait till xmas as I'm in need of some more Guitar Hero action so World Tour will come first.

I will say though that watching the gameplay footage there was the thing where the guy playing could momentarily stop the game and target specific parts/targets and then the game takes over to do the attack. Anyone else think that that'll ruin it a little? It just seemed all of the enemies died with one shot when doing that, regardless of what was being used. And it didn't look like the player was taking damage during that bit.

^ That's what makes it quality! Seeing enemies die in slo-mo is very cool.And no you can only do it so many times and you can't just keep headshotting, so the game will still be difficult.

Well that's good. It would just be pointless if there was unlimited access to it. Personally, I'll probably not use it when I get the game, or at least try not to. That nuclear bomb device looks sweet though.

now that ive seen what happens if you plant the bomb detonator thing (in megaton) and seeing the town explode. When i get it ill prob wont prob end up smashing that sheriffs skull in...and see what happens.

I couldnt stop watching the last gameplay/walkthrough on marketplace on tenpenny tower. There are loads of videos up now though. I think they are the ones from gametrailers.

I have to say, up until yesterday I hadn't seen anything of this game. I had seen it mentioned a few times but hadn't seen anything on it. Looks good from what I've seen of the gameplay footage available. Just trying to decide whether or not to get this before xmas. Argh... too many good games on the 360 this xmas. I think this'll have to wait till xmas as I'm in need of some more Guitar Hero action so World Tour will come first.

I will say though that watching the gameplay footage there was the thing where the guy playing could momentarily stop the game and target specific parts/targets and then the game takes over to do the attack. Anyone else think that that'll ruin it a little? It just seemed all of the enemies died with one shot when doing that, regardless of what was being used. And it didn't look like the player was taking damage during that bit.

Thats the VATS system. Every time you use it uses up Action Points so you can't keep using it all the time. A common tactic I have heard being used is slowing down getting a few shots in and then finishing them off in real time.

I think a lot of the movies show it off being used with higher level characters, but you will find earlier on that you perhaps miss shots.

Go peek around NMA. I'm sure they have a Vista fix on there somewhere. If I can find fixes to make System Shock 2 work on Vista I'm sure that there are fixes for Fallout which has a much larger fan following than SS.

My copy of the collectors edition is being packed as we speak. Its not like GAME to send out stuff on a Monday though so Im not expecting it till Thursday.

My copy of the collectors edition is being packed as we speak. Its not like GAME to send out stuff on a Monday though so Im not expecting it till Thursday.

Hmmm...just checked mine aswell.... same thing has happened before with really big releases and then not been dispatched till Wednesday. Last week Bioshock was picked and packed tuesday sent next day, so can hope it will be posted tomorrow. It is a big day so perhaps they are posting stuff early...you never know...makes no odds to me away in Paris until Thursday.

I had expected a few reviews by now but nothing yet...

my mate was saying how good fallout 3's reviews were. much to my confusion as im far more in to games then him and have yet to see a single one.

the guy is an idiot though.

as i drive around in work i do see a rather lot of ads on busstops etc with a load of review 5*'s on the top of the poster from at least 10 mags.

4 days to go my god i havent looked forward to a game this much since SMG i think.

my mate was saying how good fallout 3's reviews were. much to my confusion as im far more in to games then him and have yet to see a single one.

the guy is an idiot though.

Alot of reviews seem to be from magazines, reckon must be an embargo for sites.

I've seen a few...

http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2008/10/07/fallout-3-review-from-sweden/

Publication Score

Official Xbox Magazine 10/10 [52]

PC Gamer UK 90%[53]

PC PowerPlay 9/10 [52]

As proved by this post...all magazines.I wouldn't trust that blog review all that much to be honest.

as i drive around in work i do see a rather lot of ads on busstops etc with a load of review 5*'s on the top of the poster from at least 10 mags.

4 days to go my god i havent looked forward to a game this much since SMG i think.

yeah I have seen the same ads, a lot of them are non gaming press, like empire and maxim. empire actually have a review up on their site to.

I can't wait for this game either got the original working on my computer now, and just wow as a game it still holds up. The wealth of choice in what you can do is staggering and the conversation tree system is well ahead of its time if you ask me.

my local shop got some American Ltd editions in today, supposedly there's no region lock, so tempting :)

game havnt said that it's on its way yet, tho they dont usualy tell me till a little later then outhers i know :p

if its not here on friday i'll go to town and buy it.

I hope this thread explodes come thursday/friday when everyone gets their greasy mitts on the game.