NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

Fallout-3-e32k6-poster.jpg

Okay, this looks awesome. Discuss. :heh:

Official Site: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/index.html

Out on the 30th (next week).

What the hell the game is about:

Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you’ve ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.

General Features

Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!

Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation – the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects

The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button

Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle

At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America’s First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation™. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology

Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant’s face.

Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation featuring gory dismemberments and spectacular explosions

fallout-3-20080930115019880.jpg

fallout-3-20080930115031849.jpg

fallout-3-20080930115039005.jpg

fallout-3-20080930114906518.jpg

fallout-3-20080930060622226.jpg

fallout-3-20080925022308283.jpg

fallout-3-20080926100922797.jpg

fallout-3-20080926100927233.jpg

fallout-3-20080926100932108.jpg

Sounds good. Annoyed about the exclusive 360 DLC as exclusive DLC is evil, PURE evil.

Everybody on this board should get THIS game. Gonna be absolutely quality.

V.A.T.S is going to be insanely fun, just everything about Fallout sounds great.

Wanna expand your post Daft? ;)

Do want, I pre-ordered the limited edition as soon as it was announced. Unfortunatly, I missed out on the Survival Edition with the pipboy clock.

I'm a Fallout fanboy, I've played all of them except the janky Console one that was on Xbox and PS2.

Everybody on this board should get THIS game. Gonna be absolutely quality.

V.A.T.S is going to be insanely fun, just everything about Fallout sounds great.

Wanna expand your post Daft? ;)

lol, yeah doing it. :heh:

ive got it pre ordered despite the fact i really cant afford it. ive compromised and gone for the standard edition rather then the collectors edition, saving me £10.

As the press release in the first post is nothing but bullpie (boasting about graphics that look like they could easily be done on the Wii), can someone explain what this game is about?

yea.... the graphics may not be crysis, but they are above Wii caliber.

Basically.....The easiest synopsis would be Oblivion with guns set in a post apocalyptic Washington DC.

The originals however are some of the best RPGs ever made, and most definantly not Oblivion with guns.

More or less what you can expect is a questing system similar to Oblivion, with fewer characters (allowing for more detailed NPCs as opposed to ESIVs very generic chars.) They have also worked in multiple endings, I believe they originally decided on 13-14 endings but iirc that number is much higher now. Karma is town to town based as opposed to everyone across the game hating you for a crime not affecting them.

I have this on pre-order, limited edition. I cannot wait. Cannot wait. Cannot wait!

Well I think the character models surpass Crysis and the landscapes are more interesting than another tropical island.

Well more interesting has nothing to do with realism in the graphics and more abour preference(ala Killer 7 or a 2D title) The character models are debatable, but I don't really have a preference to debate sooo, sure they're better.

Cannot wait for this, easily my most anticipated game of the year!

THIS

comes out next friday doesnt it on the 31st? (says 30th in orignal post) :heh::smile:

ive actually booked off the 31st oct and 1st nov so i have time to play it (my weekend in sunday and mondays so got 4 days to play it : peace: )

(also booked off for halloween party on the 31st im not that sad ;))

Yep it sure does. Its half term so will be off work until the monday, fly back from trip away to Paris on the thursday when it should arrive by....so got 4 days non stop play!

Saw a ton of adverts for this on my way around town, at bus stops store fronts could be a massive game for so many reasons...

I can't believe this is out in like a week. I remember being in awe at the first trailer (when the camera pulls back from the radio) and then seeing the release date was like over year away!

Sooo.....just wondering, how many here have played the originals?

@Solo, about your sig......have you noticed some staff members far excede the rules yet.....no repurcussions... oh well lucky them.

Staff are above us mere mortals! I have never played the original titles. Before my time. If I enjoy this I may go back and play the originals. I trust Bethesda that they've kept plenty of references and jokes from the old games, that will go over my head, but haven't made it so I don't know what's going on.

Falloout 3 graphics that are Wii capable? Really? I would love to see it running on the Wii, honest.

I have played the original back in the day (still got it on disk somewhere) and from what I can tell whilst this is similar in tone it is obviously different though in many ways.

I think the whole guilds/clans works differently though, in the original you could join them and work for them and that affected the repucussions when you went into other areas like if two gulds were enemies you would get killed instantly...

In Fallout 3 it is much more their reactions to you rather than the factions you are aligned to. There are factions in the game but you choose to do quests for them rather than join them, but by siding with one faction and doing their quest can result in you bringing down another guild and not getting to work with them. So its a twist on the mechanic but one that hopefully should work equally as well...

It's certainly worth downloading demo's of the first 2 and giving them a test run so you have some point of reference. The PS1 games brotherhood of steel and fallout tactics were more spin offs than anything I think.

Either Fallout 1 or 2 doesn't have a demo while the other one does. I never played Brotherhood of Steel, but I heard it's a poorly done spin-off. Fallout Tactics is a spin-off but it's quite fun imo.

saw fallout 3 running on telly a month or so ago, can deffo say it would have given the wii a case of the burst into flames.

it is pretty good graphicly, but the real kicker is how much is going on, and just how much is rendered.

surfice to say i had to cross the room to retrive my socks, as they had been blown off.

Are people going to be good or evil? I am nearly always good in games as I find it an easier way of justifying my actions. I have started games such as KOTOR taking each mission/quest/case on it's own merits and then eventually ended up good.

I have decided as I am currently being good in Bioshock I am likely to be evil in this as I justify saving myself and looking for my father rather than trying to save the world. Whilst there is the humanity take on things I'm thinking bugger them it's each to their own!