NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Far Cry 2

Mmm. Is there gonna be a demo of this at any point?

The mixed reactions to this are inclining me away from buying it, theres so many as is that I might leave it for awhile.

No Ubisoft said due to the scope of the game a demo isn't possible. I would just ignore the negativity and go for it, if you're a fan of FPS there has to be something in it for you.

If it turns out not to be your thing then refund it or trade it in, no biggy.

I say be skeptcal. There better games out there like LBP.

u wot. That's a completely different kind of game.

Hehe, I reckon Resistance 2 will be much better, just going from the demo. It is addictive.

I'll give this game a miss I think

Oh dear!

As we know Sony are always bigging up their PS3, saying that it is the only “true†HD console. Well it seems that with the release of Far Cry 2, it has giving them a swift kick in the behind, as the game is hampered with a number of issues.

Gamers have been complaining that the game has widescreen issues, and the 3.5GB install is also not going down well with PlayStation 3 owners. Reviewers have said that the PS3 version fall’s shorts of the Xbox 360 version.

The problem is the PS3 of Far Cry 2 only supports 720p, while the Xbox 360 version offers full 1080p support. Ripten has put the blame on the developer, saying that they are lazy and stupid, and that it is not the fault of the Sony PS3.

:(

ah, well, that sucks, but i dont mind the install times toooooo much, and the telly i play on only does 720p, so no biggie

I'll be going into town tomorrow morning to pick up the 360 version, i've been watching a few reviews and gameplay vids and it doesn't look too bad.

Bought this today. The lighting on the jungle environment is simply breathtaking. It's more open plan then the first one too. Combat is pretty good. Turning off aim assist and crosshairs makes combat immersive and tricky but not unreasonably so. You can still take quite a lot of bullet damage but you're not some kind of dead eye super-soldier with a Terminator-esque targeting system built into your retina.

I'd definitly recommend this game. My one gripe with it at the mo is the slightly clunky interface getting in and out of a multi-player match, but it's nothing to write home about.

seriously? looks pretty good to me...

I really didn't like it, traded it in today for Fable.

I'll give this game a miss I think

Oh dear!

:(

Ugh. 1080p on 360 FarCry 2 is basically the 720p scaled to 1080p. Its irrelevant. Halo 2 runs in 1080p as well. The only resolution that matters is the native resolution inw hich case Far Cry 2 on both systems shold be the same (720p) and Halo 3 is below 720p.

The 1080p behind most 360 game boxes is very misleading and simply suggests support not resolution.

My god, jumping out of your jeep and giving perusers an RPG right in the grill is so bloody satisfying.

My god, jumping out of your jeep and giving perusers an RPG right in the grill is so bloody satisfying.

i know, but my god did it get me in trouble. apparently the streets of leeds are no place for such behaviour.

Ugh. 1080p on 360 FarCry 2 is basically the 720p scaled to 1080p. Its irrelevant. Halo 2 runs in 1080p as well. The only resolution that matters is the native resolution inw hich case Far Cry 2 on both systems shold be the same (720p) and Halo 3 is below 720p.

The 1080p behind most 360 game boxes is very misleading and simply suggests support not resolution.

broken_record.jpg

(image)

He is right though - supported resolutions and native resolutions are very different, but some people fail to realise that.

While I wouldn't go as far as Caris and advise people to not buy it, I can't help but feel disappointed with this game. I've only played it for around ten hours and there's already a lack of variety in the missions; the hardest part of them seems to be getting from one part of the map to another when I'm constantly interrupted by battles at checkpoints that reek of filler. I'll let you know if I change my mind when I've finished it but so far it seems like a bit of a missed opportunity.

There's a stupendous map editor in here. It puts some editors for PC games to shame.

played afew matches online last night and its pretty fun. Lots of stuff to do in the single player as well. Spent most of my time hitting convoys for new wepons, getting up on the high ground and raining death from above with an RPG is awesome.

While I wouldn't go as far as Caris and advise people to not buy it, I can't help but feel disappointed with this game. I've only played it for around ten hours and there's already a lack of variety in the missions; the hardest part of them seems to be getting from one part of the map to another when I'm constantly interrupted by battles at checkpoints that reek of filler. I'll let you know if I change my mind when I've finished it but so far it seems like a bit of a missed opportunity.

I have seen this on other forums also. the lack of Variety is stopping me buying this game. Seen some people call it 'Assassins Creed FPS' :)

hum, gotta say, it is a little troubling to see the game hit for a lack of varioty. never the less, reviews ive read seem to think there are infinate possibilities for most of the missions, i guess the player can add variety.

I've bought it already.. havent played it yet though.. but I read that you could blow stuff up and kill things.. that's all I need

Sign in to follow this