NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Dead Space

So far i am enjoying it. Seems fun.

Chapter 5, you may struggle to not break out into a sweat. Fun will change to thrilling. Maybe I should play this on hard...

Chapter 5, you may struggle to not break out into a sweat. Fun will change to thrilling. Maybe I should play this on hard...

I am on the bridge now. Awesome stuff. Time to play with lights off.

Apologises for the bump. Got this at xmas and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. However, I thought it was supposed to be scary? I've been playing at night, in the dark with thw sound up and nothing, not even a jump. :shakehead Still fantastic though. I've just started Chapter 9: Dead on Arrival and have boarded the Valor. Should be interesting to see what's happened on there. Atmosphere is great. If/when Retro Studios get back to making Metroid they should really take some note from this because this has it spot on (apart from the lack of scares so far).

Apologises for the bump. Got this at xmas and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. However, I thought it was supposed to be scary? I've been playing at night, in the dark with thw sound up and nothing, not even a jump. :shakehead Still fantastic though. I've just started Chapter 9: Dead on Arrival and have boarded the Valor. Should be interesting to see what's happened on there. Atmosphere is great. If/when Retro Studios get back to making Metroid they should really take some note from this because this has it spot on (apart from the lack of scares so far).

Either you are a true man who fears nothing, or you lack imagination, meaning the sounds and atmosphere dont make you fear that an enemy will be jumping out at you at every corner.

Well, I don't lack imagination that's for sure. I think it's just that I am expecting things to jump out from the walls and so when it happens it means nothing. The sounds of things clinking and clanging do make me a little on edge but don't really lead me to jump in fright at something. And I'm playing on medium so I thought it'd have at least some points. Like for example, the first time that thing comes out of the wall and starts dragging you back into where it came from, I didn't get scared. I just sorta went 'cool'.

However, I thought it was supposed to be scary?

*Jumps into his Delorean Jansen 88 Special*

I don't think it's a scary game, but its atmosphere is so thick you could cut it with a plasma cutter and the audio work is easily some of the best in the business. Dead Space is very good at making you tense or uncomfortable — in a good way — but it is very much a Resident Evil 4-style action game; you'll be peeking around every doorway and eyeing every vent suspiciously, but when things kick off you'll be all business, cutting off limbs with clinical precision.

I find the game terrifying, and I don't usually get scared by anything....

You didn't find it terryfying that monster in Chapter 1 where you thought it was dead and it sprang up? Or in chapter 2 in the lab and the thing burst through the glass? Yeah they're almost horror cliches (which I usually hate) but they shit me up!!!

Ive only just done chapter 2, my main worry is the gameplay getting very samey!!

I'm playing the game for the third time on Impossible with 5.1 heaphones, the immersion added by the headphones and the difficulty have made this game terrifying for me.

Just finished it. Great ending. Last boss kicked my arse at first because I wasn't paying attention and didn't have enough health packs so loaded it up again and reversed the roles. And I actually jumped at the end before the credits when:

that woman, who is in the video and injects herself, appears down beside Isaac and screams. What I want to know is why she did it. She didn't need to inject herself with the stuff. I probably missed a bit of the story but that couldn't be helped as my brother was playing his music too loud for me to hear anything regardless of how high I turned the volume.

Didn't do it with just the plasma cutter. Got pretty far with it and then realised that when I bought the Line Gun at the end of chapter one, I fired a shot with it to see what it was like and thought nothing of it. So I just stopped just using the plasma cutter and started using everything else. Only guns I didn't get the achievements on were the Contact gun, Flamethrower (how you get 30 kills with this is beyond me. You basically have to unload and entire tank and more to get a kill with it) and force gun. But didn't do too bad. 33 out of 48 achievements, totalling 625G. Might play again to get some of the other ones but think I'll leave it awhile. I'm hopeful for a sequel (although it probably doesn't need it that much. Perhaps a prequel?) but as long as EA don't turn it into a yearly update then I'm fine.

Just finished it. Great ending. Last boss kicked my arse at first because I wasn't paying attention and didn't have enough health packs so loaded it up again and reversed the roles. And I actually jumped at the end before the credits when:

that woman, who is in the video and injects herself, appears down beside Isaac and screams. What I want to know is why she did it. She didn't need to inject herself with the stuff. I probably missed a bit of the story but that couldn't be helped as my brother was playing his music too loud for me to hear anything regardless of how high I turned the volume.

Didn't do it with just the plasma cutter. Got pretty far with it and then realised that when I bought the Line Gun at the end of chapter one, I fired a shot with it to see what it was like and thought nothing of it. So I just stopped just using the plasma cutter and started using everything else. Only guns I didn't get the achievements on were the Contact gun, Flamethrower (how you get 30 kills with this is beyond me. You basically have to unload and entire tank and more to get a kill with it) and force gun. But didn't do too bad. 33 out of 48 achievements, totalling 625G. Might play again to get some of the other ones but think I'll leave it awhile. I'm hopeful for a sequel (although it probably doesn't need it that much. Perhaps a prequel?) but as long as EA don't turn it into a yearly update then I'm fine.

The contact gun and force gun are actually very fun to use. Contact gun is like your rocket launcher while force gun could very well be a replacement for the ever trusty plasma cutter although the line gun was my fave as it's your typical shotgun, destroying anything at close range. I still get the creeps playing this game so not going back too soon. Oh and killing 30 things with the flamethrower is a pain :(

^ tell me about it. Even the little necromorph things that burst out from the big ones take ages to kill with it. I just gave up on the flamethrower and stuck to the ripper and the line gun.

^ tell me about it. Even the little necromorph things that burst out from the big ones take ages to kill with it. I just gave up on the flamethrower and stuck to the ripper and the line gun.

Flamethrower maybe bad, but assault rifle is worse as it's not meant to be in this game, and you can see how effective the guys in the start were with it. Flamethrower has a handy secondary function which has knockback and does decent damage.

I actually found the pulse rifle good to use. Ok, you ended up unloading an entire clip of 50 or so shots into the thing before it was basically dead but once you got used to it, it was pretty easy to dismember with it. It was also good for situations where there were loads of things coming at you so you could spray them all with the pulse rifle to get the to recoil, switch to the line gun and chop them down.

I actually found the pulse rifle good to use. Ok, you ended up unloading an entire clip of 50 or so shots into the thing before it was basically dead but once you got used to it, it was pretty easy to dismember with it. It was also good for situations where there were loads of things coming at you so you could spray them all with the pulse rifle to get the to recoil, switch to the line gun and chop them down.

For those situations, stasis was my best friend. Although there were times I panicked and forgot to use that, in which a full powered line gun shot was very helpful. Oh and the secondary fire of the contact gun is good for situations like that.

Although some enemies like that really tall thing that just moaned LOUDLY were always annoying to kill no matter what situation you were in. Man did I hate that thing.

You know what I really hate? Those wall guys. They take a shitton of ammo to kill, it's hard to hit their tentacles, and those annoying blobs it drops with tentacles that shoot are a nuisance as well. Especially on Impossible.

yeh those things really annoyed me. The little things are a pain in the arse but easy enough to kill. But the wall things they come out of really do take a lot to kill. Think I unloaded two 75 bullet clips from the pulse rifle into one and got nothing. And that tentacle that they have that is pretty far reaching.... I was standing where I thought I'd be out of range. Next thing I know, it's whipped my head off of my shoulders.

You know what I really hate? Those wall guys. They take a shitton of ammo to kill, it's hard to hit their tentacles, and those annoying blobs it drops with tentacles that shoot are a nuisance as well. Especially on Impossible.

yeh those things really annoyed me. The little things are a pain in the arse but easy enough to kill. But the wall things they come out of really do take a lot to kill. Think I unloaded two 75 bullet clips from the pulse rifle into one and got nothing. And that tentacle that they have that is pretty far reaching.... I was standing where I thought I'd be out of range. Next thing I know, it's whipped my head off of my shoulders.

You know, the secondary function of the line gun would pretty much leave you with something like 1 or two tentacles to take out. And the stuff it shot out could be 1 hit killed with a well upgraded plasma cutter. really, you could not go wrong with those two. Maybe a bit of stasis thrown in would help things too.

I got this for Christmas and I've just completed it. A Brilliant game, though I didn't really think it was scary. Although, I did find it really tense and atmospheric, and there were some bits that made me jump. The story was actually really well done too imo.

I'll do a second run at some point, to get all the throphies!

Well, from what I gather about that ending...

When Nicole injects hereself, I think it's some kind of suicide injection. She realises that her chances of survival are slim, so she kills herself. However, her corpse still had limbs attached, so she probably got revived by a Necromorph, hence her appearance at the end. Hope that makes sense!

Finally starting to get into this game after getting it from Christmas. Mirrors Edge and Banjo won the race to hold my attention first, so I'm only about an hour into it.

But I'm wondering: am I supposed to buy the new guns from the store, or am I going to find them lying around later? Like in RE4, when you can find the shotgun free or buy it from the merchant. I don't wanna waste the credits on buying if I can help it :p

Finally starting to get into this game after getting it from Christmas. Mirrors Edge and Banjo won the race to hold my attention first, so I'm only about an hour into it.

But I'm wondering: am I supposed to buy the new guns from the store, or am I going to find them lying around later? Like in RE4, when you can find the shotgun free or buy it from the merchant. I don't wanna waste the credits on buying if I can help it :p

You can only buy them. I'd stick with the plasma cutter as my main gun though, it's really good when fully upgraded. I also really like the Pulse Rifle and that one gun with really wide shots (forgot the name). Don't bother with the flamethrower.

You can only buy them. I'd stick with the plasma cutter as my main gun though, it's really good when fully upgraded. I also really like the Pulse Rifle and that one gun with really wide shots (forgot the name). Don't bother with the flamethrower.

Just shows the game has a great range and balance in its weapons, because I HATE the rifle and love the flamethrower :)

I hate games were a certain gun is clearly the best one. This game is all about decisions, same with the nodes, it's a genuine struggle thinking about how I'm going to use them. Most games will give me so many nodes I can beef up everything

Isn't there an unlimited supply of nodes in the store?

Yes but not neccessarily an unlimited amount of credits to buy those nodes.

Sign in to follow this