NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Dead Space

deadspace.jpg

In the brilliant, bold and often-bloody Dead Space gamers will step into a third-person sci-fi survival horror experience that promises to deliver the ultimate in psychological thrills and gruesome action.

Set in the cold blackness of deep space, the atmosphere is soaked with a feeling of tension, dread and sheer terror. In Dead Space, players step into the role of engineer Isaac Clarke - an ordinary man on a seemingly routine mission to fix the communications systems aboard a deep space mining ship. It is not long before Isaac awakes to a living nightmare when he learns that the ship's crew has been ravaged by a vicious alien infestation. He must fight through the dead silence and darkness of deep space to stay alive.

GT Preview

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40173.html?type=

Achievements

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dead-space/achievements/

The trailer that made me drop a brick :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36332.html

Seeing as this game is out on Friday I thought it deserved its own thread. So who else is snapping this shock fest up? I personally cant wait and its nice to see EA making an original game ( along with Mirrors Edge ) for a change.

It looks and sounds awesome, but along with mirrors edge this will be a game I pick up post xmas, due to far too many other games being out there at the moment...

I'm definitely getting this game, though getting it for xmas as theres too many games I want and I had to think about the ones I could wait for! This being one. But I'm really looking forward to it, I love Horror games and this looks awesome

The question is Game.co.uk have a code for a scorpion suit but shopto.net has it for £35. Decisions.

Well, I got the latest issue of PC Gamer, and they rated it 86%. The main thing letting it down was PC controls, so methinks the console versions must be pretty decent.

I'll probably pick it up for 360 or PS3 if I don't get it for Christmas. I need to save for a TV.

Yeah, I wanna get this but not right away. Far Cry 2 and Fable 2 are both higher up on the pecking order, and Fallout 3 is only a week later. Will probably be a Christmas job I think.

I'm interested but I'm a wreck around scary games so it's on my rent list. :smile:

I think this game looks fantastic. I love atmospheric sci-fi stuff and this nails it I think. It's been getting great reviews, 9.0 at GS and 8.5 at IGN.

so seems to be a common consensus that is one to play later on the line, so may not get phenomenal sales straight away, but will be a slow burner.

Gametrailers gave this 8.8 and its looking fiiiiine.

8.8.. hmm.. now where have I seen that before?

Well it looks quit beautifull.. but I will probably pick this up at a later time also.. have so many games to play right now.. and too little time

8.8.. hmm.. now where have I seen that before?

GameTrailers even took down the 8.8 review for a few days.

This game is top notch! Excellent atmospheric horror with a spice of Resident Evil 4 gameplay. You really can't go wrong with it!

This game is top notch! Excellent atmospheric horror with a spice of Resident Evil 4 gameplay. You really can't go wrong with it!

Good stuff. I got my copy yesterday and im looking forward to tucking into it over the weekend, thats if I can stop playing Fable II for a few hours :)

I just finished the first chapter. This game is gorgeous, very tense, and just plain awesome.

You can download it for free anyway until the 29th.

This game has a fantastic atmosphere from the get go with outstanding use of graphics and sound to create a tense and shit brewing atmosphere. I am only an hour through and I have had many unwarranted bowel evacuations.

In terms of story thus far it has complimented two media texts that I know of. The first being Doom3 and the most subtle but obvious, the movie 'Event Horizon'.

Initial View 9/10

Its 200msp. At least I get double points.

This should be arriving today from ShopTo on the 360 and glad to hear that you guys are enjoying it. I love Survival Horror games and was going to hold off getting this because I thought 'Silent Hill: Homecoming' was out next week (although of course now its not) so plumped for this instead. I can't wait.

Been playing this yesterday and it's an experience and a half.

The comparison with Resident Evil 4 is definitely something I agree with. For me it's a splice of that along with Bioshock set in a sci-fi environment. I say Bioshock because it borrows a lot of it's best ideas, audio diaries, use of terrifying big shadows on walls, and pieces of the environment art adding to the story with blood messages smeared down walls.

The visuals are quite breathtaking (uses deferred rendering) ......but what really is amazing me is the sound design. Stick some decent headphones and play with the lights out and be ready for some jumpy moments. The sound is probably the best I've heard in any game so far this generation.

I notice a lot of people a bumming Fable 2 this week (understandably), and a few of you are saying you'll be passing on this until next yr......but I do urge people to definitely play this. :smile:

Having finished Fable I went on this for a quick blast and it really is something else.

The graphics are stunning and the game itself is very tense. I really hate going around a corner because you just know somthing is gonna jump out and have a go at you. I have only done the first level and I think ive jumped at least 5 times and then started randomly shooting :)

If anyone wants me I will be over by my drawers looking for a clean pair of boxers.

I'm trying to decide on either Fable 2, Fallout 3, Dead Space or GHWT before xmas as I think I'll only be able to afford one. This game, though, looks fantastic. Unfortunately, I'd love to play it late at night but with Uni and travelling it's not really possible. I'll still be getting it though as it really does look really good.

Just finished Chapter 5...........Jesus Fucking Christ, that's all I can say.

And HoT, you'll probably be needing to buy some new boxers if you're only on the first chapter and you're like that, the tension just rises and rises.

Sign in to follow this