NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jayseven

Juggling and Circus Stuff

SO! Can anyone here juggle? Poi? Diabolo?

I've been juggling for two years(ish), still on three balls. here is a site with some animated gifs which can help you learn how to juggle 3 balls.

Below are animated gifs and links to videos of the tricks I've recently learned.. They are from kingscascade.com, which gives step-by-step tutorials on how to perform the tricks.

Mill's mess;

3BallMillsMess.gif

(http://www.kingscascade.com/3BallMillsMess.wmv)

The robot;

3BallRobot.gif

(http://www.kingscascade.com/3BallRobot.wmv)

There's another trick that I can't find/don't know the name of, which like tennis where you have one ball sailing over teh top continuously, then with the other two you alternate between cascade/reverse cascade with each hand. Looks neat.

Tricks I want to master, but will take me forever;

Fountain;

4BallFountain.gif

(http://www.kingscascade.com/4BallFountain.wmv)

Burke's Barrage;

3BallBurkesBarrage.gif

(http://www.kingscascade.com/3BallBurkesBarrage.wmv)

Rubenstein's Revenge;

3BallRubensteinsRevenge.gif

(http://www.kingscascade.com/3BallRubensteinsRevenge.wmv)

I can also poi; mostly weaves and butterflies. With the diabolo I can't do too many toss tricks, but I can do some trapezes, cradles and suicides.

Recently I've turned my hand at staff, baton twirling, hula hoops and devil sticks. All good fun in their own right. I'm scared of attempting to juggle with clubs! So... yeah? Any interest, or should I've not bothered?

I've tried to juggle, I don't know what I do wrong, I can never pass one ball to the other hand before the one in the air comes down.

I've tried to juggle, I don't know what I do wrong, I can never pass one ball to the other hand before the one in the air comes down.

I have exactly the same problem, when i try to go faster it seems to fall faster.

You're not supposed to do that :P You're doing something like this;

3BallCascade2Wrong.gif, where you're effectively passing the 2nd ball from one hand to the other rather than throwing it in the air.

3BallCascade.gif

You don't need to pass other balls before one comes down. check this page and it gives you a quick run-down.

I can juggle, sort of self learnt after seeing someone do it. Those tricks however look insane I will probably never be able to do them! :p

I wish I could juggle, can get a 3-ball cascade thing going for a couple of seconds. But then I think holy shit and drop them :(

Juggling at pro-level is awesome. Juggling at noob-level, on the other hand ... But you gotta learn how to crawl before you can learn how to walk. :)

You seriously asking me? Check my OP again, last paragraph :P

Ha man I look silly I completely missed that last paragraph! I was too busy watching the juggling gifs. My bad =]

I remember spending about an hour or so juggling everything I could find at work with my supervisor, it ended up being staplers which got pretty scary so I stopped.

Acrobatics comes under Circus Stuff right? I used to do gymnastics when I was younger, but kept on with the interesting stuff like tumbling when I quit. So I can do a few things which are quite cool.

I am a general fan of this type of performance. Juggling, poi, diabolo, acrobatics, etc. are good, but my favourite has to be martial arts shows, both with and without weapons.

Acrobatics comes under Circus Stuff right? I used to do gymnastics when I was younger, but kept on with the interesting stuff like tumbling when I quit. So I can do a few things which are quite cool.

We do acrobalance at our juggling society, which utilises the techniques you'll know. All rather serene in the face of whizzing and airbourne objects zooming around them :)

I can't juggle or do any of that kind of stuff I've tried several times I'm just not meant to be that co oridnated! Though I would definately give it ago again even if it's just for people to laugh at me as the Juggling balls fall on my head. :p

As for the Diabolo, I can barely make the thing move. :heh:

I'm seriously impressed by anyone who can do these things! I think it's awesome. :grin:

i can juggle 2 balls in one hand (edit: wow that sounds good)... but when it comes to 3 balls in 2 hands, i dont even know where to start :(

Yeh i can do poi abit figure o eights (woo...) and a butterfly after someone instructed me for about 15 mins, i don't fancy doing it again though.

I can juggle two balls in one hand three balls in two for about 10 seconds. I just cant keep it going as i tend to throw the balls slightly forwards each time and end up moving forwards slowly until eventually it all goes tits up. Good fun though. I have alot of respect for jugglers really, especially when they move on to crazy shit like chainsaw juggling on tightropes and stuff. That stuff is just insane.

Sign in to follow this