NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Xpert Eleven Season 8: Villan still a loser

For two leagues, we have enough to cover the departing. For three leagues we'd need another two teams otherwise it will be 8-7-7.

Can you have 8-7-7? I thought you could only have equal number of teams.

It doesn't have to be a normal 1:1 ladder league. We could have it as a 1:2 pyramid system, where both leagues have promotion to the top. It could cause less promotion spots in both leagues and more relegation spots in the Championship but it could give newbies more chance of being with the elite.

Just a suggestion.

Is anyone opposed to three leagues? It may be a slight let down for those that were gunning for promotion last season? Still promoted, but not to the top.

I think its better having the ladder leagues instead of pyramid, makes everything more interesting. Plus I dont think new players should be able to get to the Championship too early, best to go up two leagues to work on their team first.

Can you have 8-7-7? I thought you could only have equal number of teams.

8-7-7 works fine (just double checked in the setupaleague page), but the lower leagues would have a team miss a match every round. Premiership sides would have no match days off.

but it could give newbies more chance of being with the elite.

Just a suggestion.

That could actually be worse for them as a new team playing a team 8 seasons old stands little chance of victory.

I wouldn't be opposed two a 3-tier system... As long as I get promoted at the end of the season. :heh:

It would give me more time to perfect my squad which still needs quite a bit of work done to it.

8-7-7 works fine (just double checked in the setupaleague page), but the lower leagues would have a team miss a match every round. Premiership sides would have no match days off.

That could actually be worse for them as a new team playing a team 8 seasons old stands little chance of victory.

1) Oh, right. All the official Xpert Leagues have 8 teams in every single division (of which there are thousands), plus the two other private leagues I'm in all have equal teams in every league.

2) I don't know...ReZ did rather well amongst us...and when he joined up he was a complete n00b. But it's your call.

Put in a application for a team :grin:

Accepted. Good young forward you have there. Develop him and he'll be mint.

Put in a application for a team :grin:

LOL at "The Whorethorns". :laughing:

Also, Oddy, do you want to get somebody who can take over Moogle's Vipers? Or should the team just disappear into the abyss?

Edited by Roostophe

Wow... theres quite a lot of stuff going on in this. I'll have to have a dabble and get a feel for everything :)

How long is it before the league starts?

Hi everyone, i'm the "new guy" that Ell was on about!

Basically i've been on Xpert eleven for a few years on and off now, my first experience brought in Team Edd Kirby 3 straight league titles in a private league, it was all going amazingly until i was banned and kicked by the jealous league admin/creator simply because i beat him 6-0 in the 4th season with that victory all but assuring the league!

I'd love a challenge, and i'm sure this league would be a lot more of a challenge than they were. My current Xpert eleven season has just started in an Xpert League, a win and a draw with a team passed onto me, so not a bad start!

If i could join that'd be great, if you wanna know any more just lemme know :]

Edd.

When/If you join we'll have plenty of people for the league. I look forward to the competition of someone that knows how to play.

LOL at "The Whorethorns". :laughing:

Also, Oddy, do you want to get somebody who can take over Moogle's Vipers? Or should the team just disappear into the abyss?

Into the Abyss! Seems unfair to set a noob off with a second tier side.

Wow... theres quite a lot of stuff going on in this. I'll have to have a dabble and get a feel for everything :)

How long is it before the league starts?

Probably next Tuesday, but friendlies can be played tomorrow and on Friday.

Nope you'd stay a premiership side. Shorty, Charlie, etc on the other hand, would be middle-leaguers.

Harshhh, just made it back up to the top league and now you're planning to make a league just to keep me out.

Lawl :P Think of it this way; means you have a chance to win a league two years in a row :D

New season next week then? Wooooo!

Whens the new season starting up, i loved the last season. Had an excellent first season.