NEurope
darksnowman

Halloween Games! (Warning: NOT for the faint hearted)

In Paper Mario: TTYD isn't that the town where everyone is turning into pigs? Memorable! :grin:

i loved that!

that said, the ghost world in paper mario was supperior. tubba blubba was a huge and invicible boss, and he ate all the boos! :( thank the lord you cant digest ectoplasm, and he just spat em out after i kicked hiss ass.

for me, a halloween game isnt a scare and gore fest, its much like the day itself and a rather innocent take on the whole thing, especialy when well known characters are transported to a "scary" area, all with a pinch of salt. for me, luigi's manshion is the definitive haloween game. its not scary but has an air of creepyness, and luigis fear is so endearing. its exactly how haloween should be.

as for scary games, resident evil 4 had a couple of tense moments, though return t0o castle wolfenstine scared me on my first play. and thinking about it, the zombie level of conquer's bad fur day was a little creepy, the zombies really went to town!

for all out terror though, the redead still win. so deep rooted is my fear that even the wind waker incantation made me uneasy, and they were blue!

some of ealder scroles 4: oblivion is a little creepy, especialy the necromancer missions, seing dissmembered bodies and hearing a zombie groan is just plain nasty

for me, a halloween game isnt a scare and gore fest, its much like the day itself and a rather innocent take on the whole thing, especialy when well known characters are transported to a "scary" area, all with a pinch of salt. for me, luigi's manshion is the definitive haloween game. its not scary but has an air of creepyness, and luigis fear is so endearing. its exactly how haloween should be.

A man after my own heart. Thats why I posted stuff like Gloomy Gulch in DKC 2 rather than the likes of Eternal Darkness. Creepy Castle in DK 64 was ok too- especially the mine cart bit in that level.

i totlay dont remeber that park in dk 64.

a sadly unremarkable game.

I've never played DK 64 but it gets hated on so much. If i remember correctly it got like 96% in NOM and i remember it getting some other good reviews...what was so bad about it?

I've never played DK 64 but it gets hated on so much. If i remember correctly it got like 96% in NOM and i remember it getting some other good reviews...what was so bad about it?

absolutly nothing. i would go as far as to say it was very enjoyable. well at £50 it should be. it was never really a bad game, it is probebly just the least memorable game ever made. which i found to be the case with rares last few nintendo games. its a shame really, they made 3 of my favorite games on the n64, yet they ended up making stale games that failed to stick to my mind.

DK64 was awesome, totally brilliant and genius game, think it was overlooked cos it was late on and didn't really do anything too 'revolutionary'. I remember that castle too, wasn't my favourite of levels to be fair, I think it was one of the last ones too so it was kind of dissappointing.

DK64 was awesome, totally brilliant and genius game, think it was overlooked cos it was late on and didn't really do anything too 'revolutionary'. I remember that castle too, wasn't my favourite of levels to be fair, I think it was one of the last ones too so it was kind of dissappointing.

i loved it at the time, but it quickly feel away from favor. probly cos we already had mario 64 and banjo