NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EEVILMURRAY

Ringo Starr - Peace and Love

My love for him after the magic that was Thomas the Tank Engine has seriously dimished after this revelation about him "having too much to do", therefore after the 20th October won't signing anything sent to him with a postmark after the 20th.

But you have to give the man one thing, he did warn you with Peace and Love.

It doesn't matter that he's spent countless hours for years and years reading and replying/signing mail, now that he wants a break from it everyone stops liking him.

If I was old I wouldn't want to waste my time signing crap. I think autographs are one of the more pointless things in the world. Why should someone care that a famous person wrote their name on something? It's just dumb.

If I was old I wouldn't want to waste my time signing crap. I think autographs are one of the more pointless things in the world. Why should someone care that a famous person wrote their name on something? It's just dumb.

Because the fans demand that shit. I've heard that even McCartney and Bowie even do some stuff on their website a few hours a week [don't quote me on that], and I daresay they have much more to do than Ringo. Ah, I found the article I read:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1799251.ece

Here's a little salt in wound thing he's doing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1816367.ece

quoted for emphasis

You need to show your love for the man who did the narrating for Thomas the Tank Engine. SHOW IT NOW. DOOO EEET NAAOOOW.

i have more important idols than the voice of thomas the tank lol

i have more important idols than the voice of thomas the tank lol

You disgust me...

Ringo Starr is a bit of a nob tbqh

It doesn't matter that he's spent countless hours for years and years reading and replying/signing mail, now that he wants a break from it everyone stops liking him.

Ex-fucking-xactly.

He's dedicated his lift to replying to mail, and singing stuff. This was just a polite notice to fans, to let them know that if they send him stuff after that date, he ain't gonna reply.

It doesn't matter if he's busy or not. He was a Musician, and it's not a Musician's duty to sign things, or return letters to fans. They do it out of courtesy, and he's been doing it for a very long time.

Let him be.

He's dedicated his lift to replying to mail, and singing stuff.

I wish I had a lift to dedicate to something... But I could start singing stuff.

I wish I had a lift to dedicate to something... But I could start singing stuff.

Haha, what the fuck was I doing there? :D

Apparently, Ringo Starr has written a continuation of that video, explaining why he's stopping it. Basically, he keeps receiving autograph requests from the same people over and over, and once he sends them back again, the next day he sees them for sale on eBay.

That's it, basically.

Apparently, Ringo Starr has written a continuation of that video, explaining why he's stopping it. Basically, he keeps receiving autograph requests from the same people over and over, and once he sends them back again, the next day he sees them for sale on eBay.

That's it, basically.

That doesn't really surprise me. If I were him, I'd be pretty pissed, too.

I would never have the heart to sell anything that had some connection to the Beatles.

Sign in to follow this