NEurope
Kirkatronics

ROAD RAGE!!!

I never said that.

Never said what part exactly?

Indeed, but I do believe the point was having some common curtesy rather than just jumping out on one another.

Not only that but you don't always have right of way, zebra crossing are a classic example of how rude drivers can be, it even says when you take your theory that you must stop if somebody is waiting to cross at a zebra crossing, so why the hell do other drivers not do it? :blank:

I never said anyone always had the right way, but something more like even if you have the right away, yield to avoid collisions and possible injury.

A pedestrian may have the right away, but if they're trying to cross a busy road, they should wait for the correct oppurtunity to cross instead of exercising their right away, and possibly causing traffic collisions, hence the tombstone comment "I had the right away" meaning they(anyone pedestrain or car) tryed to cross at their right way and someone else did the same and they didn't survive. This is why proper discretion is needed on everyones part.

Between life and the right way.....choose life. Between the right away and letting someone else go out of politeness, choose either.

Surely you indicate for the first exit, and not the second?

I'm not actually a driver(passed my test last dec, but cars and namely insurance is fucking expensive, so insurance is my current road ragery...if i can be classed as such), but I will admit I tend to think about driving when I'm in a car, and I agree, there's alot of people who cock up their signals on roundabouts, well annoying!

Well you should regardless, but if your waiting to leave the roundabout and people are exiting it to your right, the people not exiting right and carrying round passed need to idicate. Didn't explain that well at al.

Petrol prices are back below a quid now =]

Im extremly happy about this, and my insurance is a third of this years =]

Indeed, but I do believe the point was having some common curtesy rather than just jumping out on one another.

Not only that but you don't always have right of way, zebra crossing are a classic example of how rude drivers can be, it even says when you take your theory that you must stop if somebody is waiting to cross at a zebra crossing, so why the hell do other drivers not do it? :blank:

When people have the right away its not always the best to obey. Some times its safer to go trhough a red light than to stop, safer to go faster than slower.

Where are these magical petrol stations? The cheapest I've seen is £1.05!

When people have the right away its not always the best to obey. Some times its safer to go trhough a red light than to stop, safer to go faster than slower.

Yes but that's more safety than curtsey.

^^

Also, until diesel is cheaper than a quid, I'm not interested

I'm pretty chilled most of the time, infact, if I have someone else in the car, I'm much more likely to fake-rage because people expect you to road rage.

I've never used my horn because I was angry, ever.

Yes but that's more safety than curtsey.

courtesy

Zebra crossings! oh god! Don't get me started. :heh: There's a whole load of them in ballymena, just off pretty busy roundabouts. You step out onto the first lane in one direction and someone stops, but the cars in the second lane (two lanes on each side of the road) can't see you, but don't even fucking bother to use a bit of caution! I've nearly got hit a few times because of this. Or people just speed off the roundabout, see you rightly, but go on over anyway. :shakehead

Also there was a zebra crossing in my village, which has now been changed to lights (easing the manic traffic problems, because it is also right off a roundabout). People still walk on out across the road without even bothering to wait. Really ignorant of pedestrians to do that, I think they all have a friggin death wish.... Its not bloody hard to see the big lights! For a while the cars were stopping even though the lights were operational, but I think they've mostly caught on by now.

I'm expecting to be joining the discussion in this thread pretty soon, what with passing my test this morning!! :D