NEurope
Kirkatronics

ROAD RAGE!!!

I totally agree Skunky, boy racers are the bloody reason why insurance is so expensive.

Lorries overtaking other lorries on motorways really annoys me.

Tailgaters piss me off the most, which is why if someone starts tailgating me I let off the accelerator untill they back off or pass me I'll slow down to half the speed limit to spite their arrogant asses.

Other than that not too much, people who use a turn lane to get into traffic and people who pull out in front when it's not clear and take forever to get up to speed.

Since I'm not old enough to drive yet, I haven't got much to add (I'm viewing 'cause I'm bored :heh:), but there is one thing I can relate to: Young guys who have just gotten thier license (or perhaps even not) and drive fast and irresposibly as hell. Whever I see one of those, I say to myself or whoever I'm with: "That's one of those persons you'll see in a car crash someday." We had a lot of car accidents in Denmark last year and many of them were caused by young, irresponsible drivers.

What pisses me off on roads?

People who don't indicate at roundabouts, if you're gonna take the first exit then fair enough, if you're carrying round then PLEASE FECKING INDICATE.

People way below the speed limit is of ultimate annoyance, especially when you're in a hurry and there's no way past. Morons who pull out in front of me when there's no gap, and pedestrians who walk across the road in front of you, standing in the middle waiting for a gap or simply stepping out and expecting you to stop traffic for them. I'm a very calm driver when none of this is going on...

as a pedestrian:

most drivers. Or, to put a finer point on it- drivers who act like bellends and don't give right of way, indicate or otherwise properly acknowledge pedestrians.

I also hate it when people get up behind me because I'm doing 30 in a 30. Coming into my village from a 60 the 30 zone starts a little before the houses because of a local business - anyway, long story short some van driver was up my ass because I was sticking to 30. I did the most sensible thing, I breaked nice and gave him a little fright. I'm not fussed if he crashes into the back of me. Always the drivers fault if they crash into the back of you.

Not true. One of my neighbours is a prick and reverses/pulls out of his drive (which is lined with hedges so you can't see) without even stopping or looking. He does it at junctions as well and then drives slowly. He pulled out on one guy who went into the back of him so the guy took him to court and won.

Well, okay, let me re-phrase. If you're moving forward and the person behind, also moving forward, crashes into the back of you, always their fault.

Tailgaters piss me off the most, which is why if someone starts tailgating me I let off the accelerator untill they back off or pass me I'll slow down to half the speed limit to spite their arrogant asses.

Isn't it.

It was FUCKING AWESOME the other day. I was following my friend (obv both in cars) to my other friends house. We were going at the speed limit on a road, and this toss pot tears up behind me, overtakes me and is basically sandwiched between us. So my mate in front slows RIGHT down, and because theres corners and stuff, he had no choice but to stay there and couldn't overtake.

I stuck my hand out the window and gave him a thumbs up, then we got him on the old loudspeaker phone and just each car full of people were cracking up.

Many things:

- Middle lane drivers

- Old people doing 40 in the middle lane

- Tailgaters

- People who don't leave junctions clear

- People who don't indicate on roundabouts

- Boy racers

- Boy racers who mod their shitty shit cars to make them look good, when they could use that money to get a decent car

- Insurance companies. £1500... why?! :(

as a pedestrian:

most drivers. Or, to put a finer point on it- drivers who act like bellends and don't give right of way, indicate or otherwise properly acknowledge pedestrians.

Ahem.....while a pedestrian has the right of way, you have to check traffic you can't just jump out in front of cars.

As my Drivers Ed teacher told us, yield the right away. To put a finer point on it he told us we could put that on our tombstones "I had the right away".

You as a pedestrian should use as much discretion as any drivers.

What pisses me off on roads?

People who don't indicate at roundabouts, if you're gonna take the first exit then fair enough, if you're carrying round then PLEASE FECKING INDICATE.

Surely you indicate for the first exit, and not the second?

I'm not actually a driver(passed my test last dec, but cars and namely insurance is fucking expensive, so insurance is my current road ragery...if i can be classed as such), but I will admit I tend to think about driving when I'm in a car, and I agree, there's alot of people who cock up their signals on roundabouts, well annoying!

Ahem.....while a pedestrian has the right of way, you have to check traffic you can't just jump out in front of cars.

As my Drivers Ed teacher told us, yield the right away. To put a finer point on it he told us we could put that on our tombstones "I had the right away".

Yes pedestrians should be careful.

A driver should be in control of their car so they can stop if they see someone about to jump out. I mean if you kill someone that "jumped out" you are still very likely to be prosecuted.

And what about a child, that generally doesn't have as much caution as an adult?

Yes pedestrians should be careful.

A driver should be in control of their car so they can stop if they see someone about to jump out. I mean if you kill someone that "jumped out" you are still very likely to be prosecuted.

And what about a child, that generally doesn't have as much caution as an adult?

But every pedestrian walking down the street has the potential to jump out, so with that in mind we should drive at 2mph just in case they do?

The thing that really gets me is not being thanked when I pull over to let someone pass, I mean how hard is it to raise your hand or even nod? Seriously pisses me off that does!!

I get annoyed at people driving under the speed limit when im late for work, and this is pretty much every morning. To be fair its my fault that im late but i still have the irrational anger. I find myself... talking to myself ALOT. Oh yeah and i dont like tractors, caravans or white transit vans.

But every pedestrian walking down the street has the potential to jump out, so with that in mind we should drive at 2mph just in case they do?

The thing that really gets me is not being thanked when I pull over to let someone pass, I mean how hard is it to raise your hand or even nod? Seriously pisses me off that does!!

Well no, if you're in control of your car and at the speed limit, isn't it possible to stop in time? Isn't that the point of the limit? I don't know, I've not got the most practical driving experience, but I remember emergency stops being pretty damn speedy, and there's also that advert about the girl and chances to live etc. Second, in most altercations between a person and a car, I'm pretty sure it's usually the person who comes off worst, another reason alot of the responsibility is put upon the driver. I'm not totally fighting the corner of pedestrians neither mind and IHAVE seen some unbelievable road crossings too, in fact, this is a prime example of stupid pedestrians(bit brutal, just so you've been warned);

Jesus. I love how his friend then goes round and walks to him... not too worried to act cool, yo.

Well no, if you're in control of your car and at the speed limit, isn't it possible to stop in time?

Speed limits are no guarantee of stopping in time, if someone steps out at the last second you can't help but hit them. But hitting someone at 30mph they have a better chance of surviving, but thats not certain either.

Anyway, things that annoy me as a driver;

- Petrol prices, insurance...

- People who don't use indicators, especially on busy roundabouts.

- Tailgating, i always end up slowing down and no letting them past, lightly touch my breaks to freak them out and if they carry on i put my fog lights on. It especially gets to me if they tail gate on the motorway yet have the fast lane free.

- People who try to undertake me on the motorway, I end up speeding up and not letting them past.

- people who go very slow on national speed limit zones.

- tractors, gypsie vans or anything stupidly slow on winedy roads where you cant overtake.

- *0% of motorcyclists

Nearly everything annoys me when it comes to driving. I espcially hate how badly motorcyclists are perceived! grr.

Most things have already been said but never mind:

- People sticking right near my backside, lay off!

- People trying to do 20 in a 40

- Indicators either using them too much or not at all!

- nobody using their mirrors properly, the amount of times I've nearly seen a motorcyclist been plowed into is unbelievable!

- mobile phones/eating/drinking/smoking at the wheel, I know my dad's mate (who is a traffic cop) learnt how to do something else whilst driving at 140mph, but it doesn't mean everybody else is trained to do so...grr!

- speeders, don't get me wrong 80/90 on a motorway, but why in hell do you need to do that in a 60 zone?

- tractors..now don't get me wrong alot of them are ok, but when I can't see and they don't bother telling anybody when there is no traffic is stupid!

- boy racers, oh look I've done up a ford ka aren't I cool!? No love you aren't, get out my fucking way.

- people who use their brakes way too much, you are already doing 20mph, there's no need to do half that round a corner.

and as sexist as this is, women drivers..yes I know I'm one, but by christ women don't know how to drive! they don't look, they don't indicate, they don't stupid things just to get somewhere, god damn!

/rant

Nearly everything annoys me when it comes to driving. I espcially hate how badly motorcyclists are perceived! grr.

Are they? Don't think Ive ever heard anything particularly discriminatary (prob not a word) about them.

Are they? Don't think Ive ever heard anything particularly discriminatary (prob not a word) about them.

I hear it quite often, things about them not being on the road..about how dangerous the people are.

It's mostly bullshit, it's people not looking properly and paying attention.

I never said that.

Indeed, but I do believe the point was having some common curtesy rather than just jumping out on one another.

Not only that but you don't always have right of way, zebra crossing are a classic example of how rude drivers can be, it even says when you take your theory that you must stop if somebody is waiting to cross at a zebra crossing, so why the hell do other drivers not do it? :blank: