NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Reggie says: Hardcore Gamers are "Insatiable"

Well traditional being more adventure games and button pressing and not stuff where you sort of waggle and move in order to break a pile of jenga.

It would be great if there were more Metroidish like games (deep stuff that's thought provoking but also requires skill).

F-Zero GX doesn't need a sequel, definately.

I am both shocked and appalled. ;)

So the only direction is a spin-off then.

Grand Theft Auto: Mute City Stories.

F-Zero Vs. Capcom.

Tales of Captain Falconia.

I am both shocked and appalled. ;)

So the only direction is a spin-off then.

Grand Theft Auto: Mute City Stories.

F-Zero Vs. Capcom.

Tales of Captain Falconia.

Or let it rest for the generation. I mean, how better can it become, honestly?

Although an F-Zero Snap would be hilarious. :heh:

What makes them think i am going to buy a slew of relatively unknown/risque/probably mediocre games over one game whos quality is true and tested? I wasn't really excited about that show reel of games because it featured games which IMO do not have a great enough foundation which warrants me to go ape-mad in excitement.

How can I be as a Nintendo fan when other consoles are getting 100% original content?

A bit of a contradiction there, most of the showreel (especially the Japanese one) was brand new content and franchises, but then you're complaining about other consoles getting 100% original content? I don't think it's fair to say that most of the new games will be mediocre based on less than five minutes of footage.

...sort of waggle and move in order to break a pile of jenga.

...(deep stuff that's thought provoking but also requires skill).

The first statment means Boom Blox. And the second statement means Boom Blox. What you meant to say was:

I WANT MORE TRADITIONAL GAMES CIRCA 1998-2006.

Any Boom Blox hatred and I will HAVE to have you hunted down and MADE to play Boom Blox continuously for 48hours. :heh:

There will be NO Boom Blox hatred on my watch hehe :p

...And this is why I hate coming into this area of these forums anymore. WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT "HARDCORE" OR "CASUAL" GAMERS. SWEET JESUS.

A gamer is a gamer. Who's to say these elderly people that play all these exercise games to death aren't "hardcore"? Jesus, I wish people would get over this whole thing. He's damn right, stop moaning about the same thing constantly. I think this is why I don't play games half as much as I used too, I'm sick of having to classify myself as one thing or another.

...And this is why I hate coming into this area of these forums anymore. WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT "HARDCORE" OR "CASUAL" GAMERS. SWEET JESUS.

A gamer is a gamer. Who's to say these elderly people that play all these exercise games to death aren't "hardcore"? Jesus, I wish people would get over this whole thing. He's damn right, stop moaning about the same thing constantly. I think this is why I don't play games half as much as I used too, I'm sick on having to classify myself as one thing or another.

The guy speaks sense, a game is a game, if you don't like it, fair enough, move on.

A gamer is a gamer. Who's to say these elderly people that play all these exercise games to death aren't "hardcore"? Jesus, I wish people would get over this whole thing. He's damn right, stop moaning about the same thing constantly. I think this is why I don't play games half as much as I used too, I'm sick of having to classify myself as one thing or another.

Not going to get anywhere with this, I've tried. Basically if you like the Wii or don't mind what the hell you play, you're casual scum.

Not going to get anywhere with this, I've tried. Basically if you like the Wii or don't mind what the hell you play, you're casual scum.

Not many will notice the sarcasm :heh:

With the exception of Zelda and Metriod, Nintendo's franchises have always been a little casual. If you really think about it, can you tell me any other Nintendo created games for the N64 & GC that you would consider "Epic." I'm thinking hard here and I'm coming up empty.

Mario. I think that's more hardcore than Zelda. I do agree with your basic implication though. There's no point waiting for FPS, realistic racers and such.

Yes, I agree with this.

If Reggie and co truly can't see why some faithful Wii fans may be disappointed, then I believe this is proof of Nintendo losing foresight. In fact, his attitude damn right pisses me off. The fact that he feels he can openly criticize Nintendo's OWN core fanbase just goes to show how much they really don't give a rat's ass about what they - the core - want.

Thanks King V. You've hit the nail on the head there. I don't think people are actually angry with Nintendo, but the idea that we should be over-excited is ridiculous.

Maybe I'm over-simplifying things, but Nintendo have two MEGA games - Mario and Zelda - and if they get those out, then they've done their best. Look at the N64 and GameCube - a Mario early on, a Zelda two years later and a 2nd Zelda to look forward to a couple of years after that. This was the perfect formula, in my opinion, and if we were lucky Rare or Retro Studios would also produce a cracker or two.

Now, Twilight Princess was all-but-finished at the end of 2005. If Zelda Wii is released at the end of 2009, they will have had three solid years of programming for it if you're generous (four if you're not). It's getting a bit late not to see it - arguably if it's not at E3 2009, it will be too late.

Surely we can see a glimpse of it 18 months before release? Such a tactic did not overhype Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3.

However, Reggie might be right about one thing - gamers may be insatiable, but only this generation. It may well be that with this level of hardware, it's not really possible to get excited about the games, just enjoy them as if they're an extension of the GameCube.

I have to agree with those who don't see how the Wii could improve on F-Zero GX, for example. On the other hand, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros and Mario Kart suggest Nintendo view this as a whole new console, if only because they're once-per-generation games.

This isn't meant to be a "Casual vs Hardcore: Battle of the generation" - It is my opinion that Nintendo are not really on top of things; the content they are offering are either directed primarily to the new audience rather than the old faithful "traditionalist" (for a word other than hardcore) or they offer a game which has been severly watered down in difficulty and mastery, also probably in aid of this new direction... Which, as a dedicated Nintendo fan, annoys me. And it just makes my eyes twitch when Reggie or any other out of touch, suited and booted middle-aged businessman choose to criticize the CONSUMERS their living depends on... See, only a company who feels they don't need to depend on such people will do such a thing.

If thats the case, and the future of Nintendo games depends on unskilled 'family fun' games or softer, less challenging traditional games then NO! I don't want gaming to follow that path and I will stop supporting such direction by not buying such games.

Believe it or not I am easy to please;

- If Super Paper Mario wasn't so devoid of what made its RPG successors so great, I would not complain.

- If Pokemon Battle Revolution was ANYTHING other than a 3D expansion pack for Diamond and Pearl, I would not complain.

- If Galaxy and TP wasn't so easy and 'here, take my hand and follow me-ish', I wouldn't complain.

- If Brawl had a respectable online service and if Nintendo (like most other companies who see a flaw in their games) chose to patch it, I wouldn't complain, I believe I only complained about there being a lack of 3rd fighters before I got the game but shuttedTFU after i got it.

- If Mario Kart actually required skill (Like 1080 or wave race), I wouldn't complain.

For me, All these 'core' games had flaws which rise to the surface when you come back to play it, then these feelings hit me. I'm just a guy with my own mind, and my own opinion. I just sound like the big angry troll maybe because of the way some of you have chosen to play the faithful part of 'dragon slayer' or what not as if we live in a world where I'm not allowed to be dissatisfied with the things I don't like. I'll call it as I see it, and I move on.

I mentioned earlier that I had a load of games I wanted, I thought i'd make a list so I can keep my eye on them. I regret it :blank:

RPG

Fragile

Arc Rise Fantasia

Monster Hunter 3

Valhalla Knights : Eldar Saga

Dynamic Slash

Kizuna

Dawn of the New World

Tales of... Wii

Non-RPG

No More Heroes 2

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic and the Black Night

Sin and Punishment 2

The Conduit

Mad World

Disaster

Guitar Hero IV

Another Code

Fatal Frame 4

Tenchu 4

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden

Probably/Can afford

Animal Crossing

Punch Out

Dead Rising

Cosmic Walker

Cursed Mountain

Klonoa

25 announced games I want between now and during next year and it's likely I forgot some. With that list and my games just now, i'm more than happy with the Wii. My reaction is as I suspected. I'm gonna be freaking skint T_T

Are you aiming that at me? Certainly at gamers like me. Any more of that and you're getting infracted. Consider yourself warned, sonny. :wink:

Mario. I think that's more hardcore than Zelda. I do agree with your basic implication though. There's no point waiting for FPS, realistic racers and such.

Thanks King V. You've hit the nail on the head there. I don't think people are actually angry with Nintendo, but the idea that we should be over-excited is ridiculous.

Maybe I'm over-simplifying things, but Nintendo have two MEGA games - Mario and Zelda - and if they get those out, then they've done their best. Look at the N64 and GameCube - a Mario early on, a Zelda two years later and a 2nd Zelda to look forward to a couple of years after that. This was the perfect formula, in my opinion, and if we were lucky Rare or Retro Studios would also produce a cracker or two.

Now, Twilight Princess was all-but-finished at the end of 2005. If Zelda Wii is released at the end of 2009, they will have had three solid years of programming for it if you're generous (four if you're not). It's getting a bit late not to see it - arguably if it's not at E3 2009, it will be too late.

Surely we can see a glimpse of it 18 months before release? Such a tactic did not overhype Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3.

However, Reggie might be right about one thing - gamers may be insatiable, but only this generation. It may well be that with this level of hardware, it's not really possible to get excited about the games, just enjoy them as if they're an extension of the GameCube.

I have to agree with those who don't see how the Wii could improve on F-Zero GX, for example. On the other hand, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros and Mario Kart suggest Nintendo view this as a whole new console, if only because they're once-per-generation games.

I'd like to point out that Phantom Hourglass and Crossbow Training were both developed by the Zelda team, so its going to be a while yet, they've had what? a year?

Also, @ King V:

Did you actually get all the stars with both Mario and Luigi in Mario Galaxy?

I'd like to point out that Phantom Hourglass and Crossbow Training were both developed by the Zelda team, so its going to be a while yet, they've had what? a year?

Oh, I see. I didn't think Phantom Hourglass was developed by the same team and I didn't know who did Crossbow Training.

Or let it rest for the generation. I mean, how better can it become, honestly?

I actually found F-Zero X better than GX, largely due to the fact that it had the death race mode. The story mode was ok, but it was far too difficult and that ruined the experience for me.

Online F-Zero races and tournaments would be the way to go.

Online F-Zero races and tournaments would be the way to go.

Well, that's not quite feasible in this generation, is it?

How about spending some of that money on making more games for the core then? Instead of sequels how about making something original for the core gamer for a change?

Also, @ King V:

Did you actually get all the stars with both Mario and Luigi in Mario Galaxy?

That is piss easy! And a crap way to lengthen any game, there's barely a difference between them.

i wish i didnt make this topic now.

and what the fuck!

That is piss easy! And a crap way to lengthen any game, there's barely a difference between them.

i wish i didnt make this topic now.

and what the fuck!

Just ignore it. Like small wasps (which are frustratingly "in" this season), these attitudes will go away eventually.

You're making it sound like you didn't get stuck once during Galaxy....

Just ignore it. Like small wasps (which are frustratingly "in" this season), these attitudes will go away eventually.

Nah, the 'in' thing is hating Nintendo on a Nintendo forum.

Sign in to follow this