yakuza-3-20081008095123756.jpg

yakuza-3-20081008095131537.jpg

yakuza-3-20081008095115974.jpg

72601420081006_153353_2_big.jpg

yakuza-3-20081008095142787.jpg

Best frown ever.

Yakuza also are fast texters.

2q8dpao.gif

Lots of mini games including karoke singing.

:D Cant wait for this!!!

Story set 2 years after Yakuza 2. Yakuza 2 is out on PS2.

Looks absolutely stunning.

Shame, it's the closest to Shenmue you are ever gonna get. Go Sega, this is a great franchise they have going.

Looks like Shenmue!

I have no idea what Yakuza is!

Yakuza 3 (known in Japan as Ryū ga Gotoku 3) is the third installment in the Yakuza video game series. It was revealed in the July 2008 issue of Famitsu that Yakuza: Kenzan!, the third installment to the series, was actually a spin-off and this latest installment will continue the adventures of Kiryu Kazuma from Yakuza and Yakuza 2. The game will take place both in fictional Kamuro-cho from the first two games and in Okinawa. The game will be released in Japan in Spring 2009, exclusively for the PlayStation 3.

Story:

The game follows the story of Kazuma Kiryu (桐生 一馬 Kiryū Kazuma), a former Yakuza whose release from prison after a ten-year sentence sparks the setup of the game's plot. After his release, he returns to find his friend is missing and the clan he was once a part of (the Tojo Clan) has had ten billion yen (approx. USD$84,097,035) stolen from them, which the entire Japanese underworld is now searching for. The game was heavily acclaimed in Japan for being the first game to explore Yakuza culture with such depth and —as it is claimed— authenticity to the nature of Japan's criminal underground.

It looks great. I actually bought a PS2 just to play the first 2 games (Shenmue and Shenmue II are my favorite games of all time, and Yakuza looked way too similar to Shenmue, so I couldn't resist), and it seems rather unfortunately I'll have to buy yet again a console I had no interest in in order to play this new chapter (and the Spin-off)...

While Yakuza is actually quite a bit different from Shenmue, it's still a great game, and probably the closest we'll ever get to a new Shenmue. It reminds me why Sega was a great software house, instead of this current shallow corpse of a company.

I like to call Yakuza Shenmue's evil stepbrother, it's way darker and more action-based, but with a great story and quite a bit of freedom to do lots of random useless things. The only thing I disliked in the first game was the long and frequent loadings.

Nagoshi gave a talk at the CESA Developer's Conference this week, and highlighted some details about Ryu ga Gotoku 3. Most of the talk is about the production of the series, the growth of the development process and the team, etc. But at the end he makes some very interesting remarks about the technical aspects of RgG3:

- Because the camera is freely controllable, the environments have to be designed such that as the player moves the camera around, he immediately gets the information he needs to know what the stores and stuff that appear in view in the distance are.

- Unlike the RgG2 where the battle encounters had a loading screen, in RgG3 the battle encounters are completely seamless.

Sounds good. Ps2 is abit weak for this sort of game now.

Yakuza 2 is shipping for me now. Hopefully i play soon. :smile:

Updated with new screens in the first post. :smile:

Yakuza 2 should arrive tommorow for me.

Razing Storm

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0809/game080921a.shtml

ambn25.jpg

ambn27.jpg

You can damage stuff.

I brought Time Crisis 4 for the lightgun so i am interested. I hate the design but lets me play all the light gun games on a 50" plasma :) No idea if it will come to PS3. Needs to have a successful run in the arcades. Namco are good at this though .

Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion

ambn02.jpg

ambn06.jpg

ambn07.jpg

DR Bos's daughter for those interested in the story.

ambn08.jpg

Superhero wannabe guy. Wants to save the world etc.

ambn20.jpg

ambn22.jpg

Already great game, even better. New stages and new characters announced. Cant wait. You can customise back and front of hair seperately. Game is doing extremely well in the arcades so I doubt we will see any port soon until sales dampen. Only problem is that is i hardly get a go on the damn machine. Everyone hogs it.

Cool trailer at link. Wow at helicopter crashing in stage.

What I want to know is when Tekken 6 PS3 is coming out. It's been said to release this year but I very much doubt it, and I'm not sure if the PS3 version is the same as this arcade game or if it has been made ground-up. I've seen loads of Tekken 6 vids on youtube yet there is no official information pretty much.

Nice classic Fury vs Yoshimitsu fight going on there, both are great characters.

What I want to know is when Tekken 6 PS3 is coming out. It's been said to release this year but I very much doubt it, and I'm not sure if the PS3 version is the same as this arcade game or if it has been made ground-up. I've seen loads of Tekken 6 vids on youtube yet there is no official information pretty much.

Nice classic Fury vs Yoshimitsu fight going on there, both are great characters.

No date for Tekken 6 on PS3 yet, but its obviously next year. The arcade game is on the PS3 board. Right now Namco will focus on the arcade game as its quite popular and no.1 in japanese charts. The same people will buy the PS3 version anyways so no rush for Namco. Bloodline Rebellion will obviously keep it no.1

The good thing for us is that we get a better game once its done the rounds in the arcades. Sc4 in comparison is getting plenty of patches now for balancing the gameplay.

WKS in different thread. Sorry for earlier.

DEMON SOULS

Demon Souls is made by From software and is based on gameplay design used in a rpg unreleased outside of japan (Kings Field).

It certainly looks great and sounds interesting.

soul.jpg

51zo2a.jpg

242dj7l.jpg

ddyfz5.jpg

262rtoi.jpg

v68aah.jpg

2m5bclg.jpg

Do we know what it's about? Either of them?

We already know about White Knight Chronicles. The epic RPG Sony kept quiet about for a year or so :heh: but now the game looks much better. 1080p and online are really good features. So we can meet up in the game. :smile: Some nice touches in the game such as the animation. Lots of big epic stuff. E.g Landscapes and cities are nice.

Sources:

http://gmstar.com/ps3/sirokisi.html

-Gameplay 100hr+∞

A very large scale RPG in addition to the infinite amount of time you can play with friends and partners.

-Attractive casting and immense story.

The thrill of an RPG has been refined with the experience and know-how gained by Level-5 over the years.

-Next-gen quality graphic power

Super graphic scenes output at FullHD 1080p

-Big and small characters fighting alongside eachother to create a chaotic and dynamic battle

With the protagonist being able to transform into the White Knight, dynamic battles with both large and small characters can be created. A direct feel battle system makes unnecessary, any complicated controls, and makes you feel as though you're part of the battle.

-Embarking on an adventure and fighting alongside friends/partners.

Unending infinite gameplay is also included. Via PSN, embark on adventures with friends.

Demon Soul is new. Based on Kings Field which was never released outside of Japan. Gameplay approach is meant to be fresh. We will find out more at TGS but it looks nice.

White Knight Story was on 1up Show what seems like years ago was one of the titles that tempted me into getting a PS3 it looked amazing, looking forward to the TGS coverage

We already know about White Knight Chronicles. The epic RPG Sony kept quiet about for a year or so :heh: but now the game looks much better. 1080p and online are really good features. So we can meet up in the game. :smile:

Demon Soul is new. Based on Kings Field which was never released outside of Japan. Gameplay approach is meant to be fresh.

I just mean story wise. Currently all I know is that there is something to do with a white knight. :heh:

I just mean story wise. Currently all I know is that there is something to do with a white knight. :heh:

We know nothing much outside of the original trailer. Lets see at TGS. Game should also be playable there.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22732.html

Hope online is good because that has me quite excited.

I'll definitely be getting White Knight Chronicles when it's released over here, and Demon Souls looks interesting so I hope to find out more soon.

Few questions to you Choze.

What with you making long topic titles Choze?

Why didnt you just post this infomation in the Playstation topic?

Why couldnt you just make this a TGS topic?

I could have made two threads but i had click afew more times... :heh:

I will do that next time.

Few questions to you Choze.

What with you making long topic titles Choze?

Why didnt you just post this infomation in the Playstation topic?

Why couldnt you just make this a TGS topic?

You could answer all three with the following statement: Choze likes his posts to get attention he also has little sense.