NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Secret Files: Tunguska

Didn't seem to have its own thread yet, so there you have it.

I've seen it in stores, and I recognized the name, as I've read an IGN review of the PC version some time ago, as I have an interest in point & click adventures. The IGN review was pretty favourable, and I've though of picking this up, but with a lot of other games to play and buy, I think I'll wait for a while. In the meantime, I'd like to hear people's experiences with this particular version (if there are any :indeed:), or otherwise with the PC version.

I know there are other P&C adventure fans, so anyone else thinking of picking this one up?

I've looked and looked at this game over the past few weeks in Game and HMV... I have no idea what it is and I just passed it off as being rubbish. Well actually, all the research I did was to look it up on Metacritic, lol.

I remember posting some exclusive screenshots on the site, but they never contacted me again and I never looked into the game again either. Lack of time and money doesn't help.

I've seen this in GAME near my Uni, looked like it might be interesting but haven't picked it up. Still trying to get rid of my back logue of games before I buy more.

I do! Ok good. Well, about the game in general, you draw the same conclusion as IGN.. Not great, simply good. You mention several things the IGN review mentions, only you dislike Nina's voice, where they'd though it's one of the better voices in the game.. As for the Wii specific things, good to know there are no (real) disadvantages. So I'll keep this game in mind. After Blob, Wario and Mega Man, there aren't many Wii titles left untill next year that I'm really looking forward too, so I'll probably pick this up in the coming months.

The idea of illogical puzzle sequences is very unappealling. Unfortunately, it's a staple of this game genre.

whats 2 player like? I heard a 2nd player could use another remote to help out , anyone know how good this is?>

Just completed this game after buying it last week and getting stuck into it. really enjoyed it. it sucked me in and didn't stop playing it until it was done. i would recommend it to anyone who enjoys good old fashioned click and point games.

As for the two player mode. not really two players. just another cursor that can highlight things but not take any action. i suppose its alright if you are sat with a friend.

buy this game!!

Massive bump to say I completed this today, it didn't take long. Why don't I remember all old point and click games puzzles being as stupid as this? I always thought there was a decent level of logic involved in these games with the odd strange combination of items needed here and there... maybe its my own logic thats at fault here, :heh: but I felt that Secret Files was just plain weird from start to finish. It definitely has that old skool trying to be modern PC game vibe to it, which does lend it a certain charm.

The thing that worries me most is I've had Sam & Max: Season One in my backlog for donkies. I've never played Sam & Max before but after Secret Files, I'm really hoping Telltale employed a more sensible approach to their puzzles. :hmm:

Anyone else played Tunguska since @brynpearson in 2008?

I have it, but haven't played it yet (surprise). I bought sam and max season one, played that, hated it!!

I never did play Tunguska, although I have always meant to get round to it. But I did play the sequel, Puritas Cordis, on the Wii and thought it was pretty good. Played it at the same time as the Broken Sword remake on the Wii, which is also great even if you've played it before.

The sequel is probably very similar to the first so if you did really feel this one then I'm not sure you'll like the sequel but I love point and click games (except Myst which I loath with a passion) so that probably explains why I liked it.

I apologize, I lost track of the topic looking at the originator's signature photo... LOL.

But yeah... it does look pretty cool, just not my kind of game though.

Massive bump to say I completed this today, it didn't take long.

Congrats! I remember you buying this years and years ago and at the time, I asked you for some impressions of the game. I'm glad you finally got around to replying to me!

It doesn't sound like it was that good, so your perseverance in finishing it has to be admired. I probably won't bother looking into playing it now.

The thing that worries me most is I've had Sam & Max: Season One in my backlog for donkies. I've never played Sam & Max before but after Secret Files, I'm really hoping Telltale employed a more sensible approach to their puzzles. :hmm:

I haven't played the new Sam & Max, but I've played all five chapters of Tales of Monkey Island (also by Telltale) and I have to say they were some of the wittiest and cleverest* point and click adventures I have played. The puzzles did make sense to me. That's not to say I never got stuck, though it's rare to get through any game of this sort without a little help.

*the insult swordfighting scene at the Crossroads (Chapter 5) - which had you delivering lines that simultaneously insulted the swordmaster and encouraged Morgan - was absolute genius.

Sign in to follow this