NEurope
Tellyn

Cave Story

This game is seriously awesome.

Genuine game of the year contender.

It strikes me as an antithesis to Yume Nikki, with that game symbolising misery and this symbolising joy.

Christ, that'd sound good in a review.

Just had a go on the demo, up until I Game-Over'd trying to be a bit to cocky around that fast white blur they warn you is a one hit kill... I wanted to collect the Experience Points that fell down there!

Anyways, seems like it has great potential!

I'll prob give it another play tomorrow, but one I'll think about downloading sometime maybe.

Off topic:

Robox (free demo) is absolutely AWEFUL!!

and Max and the Magic Marker (free demo)... I couldn't be bothered anymore past 1 minute of gameplay!

Just had a go on the demo, up until I Game-Over'd trying to be a bit to cocky around that fast white blur they warn you is a one hit kill... I wanted to collect the Experience Points that fell down there!

Anyways, seems like it has great potential!

I'll prob give it another play tomorrow, but one I'll think about downloading sometime maybe.

Off topic:

Robox (free demo) is absolutely AWEFUL!!

and Max and the Magic Marker (free demo)... I couldn't be bothered anymore past 1 minute of gameplay!

Got Robox a month or so ago and it's just awful. So dated in almost every aspect, although the visuals aren't horrible but it's hardly a plus point for a game which aims to give an old scholl chalenge but is held back by its adherence to dated gameplay mechanics and unnecessarily prolonged sections on rails shooter segments of tedium.

But back on topic, I'll perhaps give the demo a download at the end of the week. Money is tight at the moment and I've been wanting this for ages but if NoE/Nicalis had sorted things out sooner, then I'd have bought it by now. Oh well, I'll still pick it up. Just a little further down the line that's all, seeing as I'd rather go out for drinks after all these exams than sit down with a game.

How much time could one put in this game, because I'd like to download it; but I would also like to be able to finish it in a week or so.

It's not terribly long, but it's probably not as short as, say, Super Metroid.

It IS highly addictive though, so a week is perfectly feasible.

... and if you play right now, the little robot fella is adorned with a Santa hat and red nose.

Play now, or download now?

Anyways, I downloaded it a few days back and I must say that, as of yet, I can't really form an opinion about it.

Just wanted to let LostOverThere know, I can praise Little King's Story - Henry Hatsworth - Professor Layton - Paper Mario and Kirby, but I can also listen to praise, and act upon it.

Edited by Fused King

Just wanted to let LostOverThere know, I can praise Little King's Story - Henry Hatsworth - Professor Layton - Paper Mario and Kirby, but I can also listen to praise, and act upon it.

Yay! If only people listened to us about Conduit 2. :cry:

People should seriously check this game's demo out at the least. One of the best games of last year.

I downloaded this and played it through recently(from the original PC iteration/translation) and I must say it is pretty frickin amazing. It's retro styles all over, yet superb. I understand it also has some re-playability in it for various reasons, though I've only done one playthrough myself. Charming little game, I recommend anyone try it out! If you're unsure maybe even try the PC version(i hear the wii controls are superior though).

Fused_King, you'd love it, I reckon.

I downloaded the demo and whilst I enjoyed it there wasn't quite enough there to convince me to shell out the 1200 points (very annoying price point btw) I may play some of the PC version and see..

I downloaded this and played it through recently(from the original PC iteration/translation) and I must say it is pretty frickin amazing. It's retro styles all over, yet superb. I understand it also has some re-playability in it for various reasons, though I've only done one playthrough myself. Charming little game, I recommend anyone try it out! If you're unsure maybe even try the PC version(i hear the wii controls are superior though).

Fused_King, you'd love it, I reckon.

I've downloaded it about a month ago, went for the o so brutal HARD MODE, and have been stuck when you need to fight some robot-girl for the first time ever since.

Will get back into it, .......some: peace:day

It is quite charming, that's for sure:)

Finally got round to trying the demo of this last night. Was good, I liked it. So my question, is it better to get it on Wii or 3DS if I don't care about portability of course.

If you want it right now, go for the WiiWare version.

If you don't mind waiting, Nicalis is bringing out Cave Story+ (which was the Steam release with a few extras) on the eShop, but it's Nicalis, so the wait could be anything from surprisingly short to nigh-on indefinite.

Finally got round to trying the demo of this last night. Was good, I liked it. So my question, is it better to get it on Wii or 3DS if I don't care about portability of course.

Steam. The + version is the best, so Steam is the way to go. It runs on pretty much every computer, so there's really no excuse.