NEurope
Tellyn

Cave Story

Good news for you Australians out there!

Australia WILL have Cave Story on WiiWare along with the rest of Europe. The new music (.org and remixed) sound AWESOME now!

For the rest of you crazy Europeans:

we're testing the EU version submitting in June.

started playing this on my computer the other day using the wiimote thanks to darwiinremote. very sweet game.

Edited by or else you will DIE

I'd just about given up on a PAL release, so I caved (oho) and played the PC version through to the end. Pleased to see it back on the schedules and will still get it, if just to aim for the alternate ending.

Yes! Cave Story's currently being reviewed by USK and OFLC.

Shouldn't be too long now

According to Nicalis' Twitter:

The Australian government/OFLC just rated Cave Story with a "G"! Now we're just waiting on PEGI.

-June 7th.

It shouldn't be too long now.

I am so happy that Cave Story finally hit WiiWare! I was having a terrible time trying to play it with my keyboard! Well, I'm not the best PC gamer anyhow, but this WiiWare version is magic!

gtfo.

I have played up to the first boss on this on my US Wii and can safely say it's an excellent game! Plays and looks just like a NES game but the control is so tight, making it a real pleasure to play, I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed it even though I haven't seen or read much on it. The music is awesome, the retro graphics are very nice and certainly add to the charm of the game. Anyone looking for a well presented, solid experience at a budget price? Look no further. Up there with the best the service has to offer.

Is this out yet? It "shouldn't be long now" for ages!!

Q4 2010 apparently...

Argh, wish I hadn't spent my last points on Mega Man 9.

Don't, your points were incredibly well spent... :p

So, Cave Story is finally coming out. It's very upsetting that Nicalis managed to release the game in the US, patch it, and release it on DSiWare BEFORE the game was even released in Europe on WiiWare. This release shouldn't have taken as long as it did (almost 9 months?!). Clearly the European market isn't really a priority to them.

I seriously hope their next games, La-Mulana and NightSky, don't suffer the same fate...

Clearly the European market isn't really a priority to them.

I highly doubt it was their responsibility at all. The game has been cooking and ready to go for months and months, and received the official ratings months ago as well. If anything, I'd suspect this is a Nintendo of Europe problem.

I highly doubt it was their responsibility at all. The game has been cooking and ready to go for months and months, and received the official ratings months ago as well. If anything, I'd suspect this is a Nintendo of Europe problem.

While I'm far from a NoE fan, in this case I don't think it was their fault. It wasn't a case of NoE didn't give them a slot to go on the service, NoE simply kept returning the game due to existing bugs and issues.

But Nicalis, a small team, instead of using their resources to fix the issues as soon as possible, they diverted their resources to a US DSiWare version of the game, not to mention the continuing development of their other 2 games. If they concentrated their resources in fixing the Europe/Australian version of the game, instead of taking months between submissions, the issues would be fixed in no time.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I have been playing the game on the PSP, everyone. GET THIS GAME!!!!!!!!! I am fucking serious, it's awesome!!!!! Even if I don't play it on the Wii, I am highly considering getting it just so I know I have done my part in giving money to Pixel

Ah yes, one of my favourite people to get me to buy a game.

Will add it to the list.