NEurope
Dante

Boy, 7, fed live zoo animals to crocodile

A seven-year-old boy broke into a reptile farm and smiled as he fed 10 live reptiles, the farm's main exhibits, to the resident crocodile.

He also bludgeoned three lizards to death in their pens, The Northern Territory News reported.

Police cannot charge the boy because of his age.

Security camera video footage shows every move of the youngster's 35-minute rampage through the Alice Springs Reptile Centre just after 8am on Wednesday.

One CCTV image shows him with a big smile on his face as he watches the saltie splash around its pool as it attacks a northern blue tongue lizard.

Centre director Rex Neindorf said the behaviour was "disgusting''.

"I'm just devastated at the age of the child and the fact no one wants to take responsibility,'' he said.

"The fact a seven-year-old can wreak so much havoc in such a short time, let alone even think of doing something like this, is unbelievable."

Mr Neindorf said - a turtle, four western blue tongue lizards, two bearded dragons, two thorny devils and a 1.8m adult female Spencer's goanna - were thrown into the jaws of the 200kg crocodile named Terry.

Another three lizards - a blue tongue and two thorny devils -were found dead after being "brutally bludgeoned''.

Mr Neindorf said the boy was lucky he did not also become Terry's dinner.

"The croc could have easily taken him from the landing he was standing on,'' he said.

Police spoke to the boy and his mother yesterday but cannot press charges because he is too young.

www.news.com.

WTF! Why did he do that?

Not even he knows, everybody does crazy things at that age. I have a friend who took a dump in the living room when he was that age.

Not even he knows, everybody does crazy things at that age. I have a friend who took a dump in the living room when he was that age.

Okay Shino. I think at that age i went hunting for conkers in woods and jumping in puddles. :hmm:

Not even he knows, everybody does crazy things at that age. I took a dump in the living room when I was that age.

=O

Seriously though I agree with Shino, kids do weird things all the time. A bit stranger than usual, but still it doesn't exactly worry me.

I had a one armed GI Joe toy with no clothes we called Vietnam Dan for his resemblance a maimed 'nam vet or a PoW camp prisoner. Considering our age, me and my brothers were either faintly disturbed, or young masters of black comedy.

Vietnam Dan met his end in a botched plastic bag parachute strike in to enemy territory. In unforeseen complications, his leg was severed at the hip by a metal hand rail that struck him in the sack.

He will be missed.

I heard about this, and I dunno what to say. I mean, a 7 year old kid?! Granted, by that age, he probably didn't really know what he was fully doing, or the implications. But, what the hell, how did he even get there?! He broke in? How?! He's 7! And, what made him think this was a good idea?

Kid's got issues.

I was already mature enough by that age.

My crazy years came earlier, when I was 3 or 4. I even broke a toilet once. Good times.

Anyway, the kid sure seems to accept carnivores easily.

what worries me most is that nobody stopped him... i mean kids have no real conception of what they're doing, so where were his parents? Why did it take 30 mins for the security watching the CCTV to end it?

The kid isn't necessarily a psychopath. he just liked crocodiles. And there's no reason for the croc to eat teh kid while he's getting food fed to him.

It's fairly sadist, but not as bad as if it was some 12 year old, or some 16 year old, or some 32 year old doing it. The kid really should not be held fully accountable for I truly believe he did not fully understand the full implications of what he was doing. And as for the language used in teh report - the kid smiling, the kid rampaging... they're terms specifically chosen to describe the event. All the kid did was succumb to a curiousity, and in all honesty I think it's the zoo's fault for letting it happen. I think most 7 year-olds would probably do something similar if they had the free opportunity to do so.

What would be worrying is if the kid exhibited some odd signs involving weird death symbolism or ritualistic killing. As it was, he was just feeding an animal that he respected/liked. SO yeah. Leave him alone.

Great security at the zoo eh? If these animals were so precious and rare why weren;t they better protected?

Okay Shino. I think at that age i went hunting for conkers in woods and jumping in puddles. :hmm:

Precisely. Now you're a spiceless drone. :heh:

But seriously... it's a bit over the top, but Shino and Jayseven have both got a point.

what worries me most is that nobody stopped him... i mean kids have no real conception of what they're doing, so where were his parents? Why did it take 30 mins for the security watching the CCTV to end it?

From the sounds of it, the zoo was closed. Perhaps this one doesn't have any staff while it's closed. Still, someone must have forgotten to lock up. And the question "Where were his parents?" still stands.

Shouldn't his parents get fined or something for this?

Clearly they should have someone who was in charge of him.

Also, taking a dump in the living room is completly different to killing loads of innocent animals. You have, or should have, a knowledge of what is unnacceptable and what is acceptable at that age.

Come on guys, there is no way in hell most sane children would do something as sick as that. I'm sorry, but that's completely different to "taking a dump in the living room" or crazy shit like that. That kids got some mental health issues. Surely he's going to at least get some serious counseling?!

I hardly think the child knew exactly what it was doing. Why he wasn't supervised for 35 minutes in a zoo is the real crime.

If he'd been 11 or over, I'd say what a little shit... But he is just 7.

hang the little shit

Maha!

Crazy.

I don't get it, he was clearly just protesting about animals not being free and being to each other!

I have to agree, while he may not be that old, at age 7 you should have a reasonable enough understanding of right and wrong to know that what he did isn't right.

Kid knows what he was doing was wrong, that's he was doing it, kids fucking LOVE to do shit they're not supposed to

Ah just got back from watching this programme about some kid that fed lizards to a crocodile at a zoo. Made me laugh so hard I shit myself, right in the middle of the living room.

Anyway, what'd I miss around these parts?