NEurope
Tellyn

Another Code: R, Gateway of Memory ** MARK SPOILERS!**

Thank you! Just used the hint and managed to solve it fine.

I am now stuck on the scanner part I have scanned, any hints about which direction I should be scanning in? This really is driving me crazy!!!

ETS: I got it so simple I'm an idiot

Edited by citro
Automerged Doublepost

Finished the game in 16 hours and 45 minutes. No way this is a 30 hour game. Anyway, the game was good, but not the best game as some people claim. As I said, you don't really do much solving, just a few lock puzzles with the wiimote every now and then. I wish I could have solved more of the story myself, instead everything was handed to me on a silvern plattern. The questions I could ask were pretty much pointless as I usally only had one choice, then Ashley goes on asking 15 more without me doing anything. And it's like I could gather clues from the conversation, I was just told to do this and go there and open that door and that's it.

Someone help me before I kill myself. The computer password seems to be in the origami in Richard's drawer... I don't see any pattern forming with the letters that appear, some seem to be gibberish.

Don't worry Nathan, the password is here...

;) and no I didn't do the origami puzzle either.

Now go and enjoy the rest of the game. :)

As for the whole game -
I wanted to know what happened to Matt's dad, what the story behind the clock tower was and what happened with Charlotte's daughter. If these had been left more ambiguous, they could have provided sequels or added a good few hours of play to this game.

You say you'd like to know what happened with Charlotte's daughter... Did you not get the little cutscene in the ending which shows a little bit about what happens with her? It was displayed in still sketches.

If you didn't I'm thinking there might be hidden endings somehow. On the Another Code R microsite (you can get there off the Nintendo website) it mentions a secret puzzles to unlock more memories. That makes me very curious as well...

Ah, the origami puzzle bit. Took me awhile to sort that one out. I figured out what it was but couldn't get the input right. Trial and error until I eventually got it.

You're supposed to read it upside down. The numbers were 0691, so you have to write 1690.

Edited by Tales

Thanks very much for the help guys, time to discover what Ricky's been up to. ;)

I had to search through the thread again for how to fix the hose... I was never given the option to pick up the tape before getting the hose...

I liked the reference to Two Memories when Ashley found her bag - "I haven't worn this t-shirt in a while". :heh:

I liked the reference to Two Memories when Ashley found her bag - "I haven't worn this t-shirt in a while". :heh:

Hehe yeah, classic moment. :D

First you need to talk to Mike on the intercom, he will explain about the emergency panel, you'll then need to open it with your pick case and describe to Mike the colour of the light, then he'll tell you which one to press.

:)

I hope these tips help. ^^

I realy can't find the emergency panel, i tried the pick case on everyting in room, and I allready talked to Mike.

What do I need to do!? :cry:

I realy can't find the emergency panel, i tried the pick case on everyting in room, and I allready talked to Mike.

What do I need to do!? :cry:

Take another look around the door and you'll find it

On the right side of the door, near the floor, you'll see the panel

I had to search through the thread again for how to fix the hose... I was never given the option to pick up the tape before getting the hose...

This is a common obstruction in both 'Another' games, unusual as far as pointy clicky adventure games go.

It does sort of make sense though, from a real-world point of view. You wouldn't go around the whole of JC Valley, picking up every item you come across, hoping it would come in useful later. When you encounter a problem, that's when you start thinking about what items you've seen previously that would be useful.

Sometimes I've picked up items before I've seen the puzzle to which they belong, but these items have been collected for other reasons.

I'm on Chapter 5 now. Loving every minute of it.

would anybody be able to help me? :S I'm stuck and there are no walk-throughs that I can find to help me with this!

Anyway, I'm just after getting the bag out of the lake using the rope and round-thingy(can't remember what it was called xD) and I have to un-lock the brief-case...

Anybody know what it is? I put the initials of the family in it but no luck. I do know that there are 4 letters you must put it and each spells the name of the family :S

Anybody know what it is? I put the initials of the family in it but no luck. I do know that there are 4 letters you must put it and each spells the name of the family :S

If I remember correctly...

LAKE

If I remember correctly...

LAKE

I can't remember clearly, but I think you spell it by looking at certain letters from each of the names on the back of the photograph in a vertical line. Maybe there's only 4 letters that line up with each other in a perfect line? But yeah, the answer IS "lake" I think. Just thought I'd lend a bit of insight to how it's found :)

I can't remember clearly, but I think you spell it by looking at certain letters from each of the names on the back of the photograph in a vertical line. Maybe there's only 4 letters that line up with each other in a perfect line? But yeah, the answer IS "lake" I think. Just thought I'd lend a bit of insight to how it's found
:)

Hmm the way I went about it was much simpler than that...

the bag was thrown in the Lake so it just seemed obvious that'd be the word

That's exactly what I did at first, thinking 'Yes, I've cracked it!'. And then, back to the drawing board.

Reading the comments above, it's interesting how two people arrived at the same answer with different reasoning!

That's exactly what I did at first, thinking 'Yes, I've cracked it!'. And then, back to the drawing board.

Reading the comments above, it's interesting how two people arrived at the same answer with different reasoning!

That's what I love about the CiNG games, every now and then there are two ways to crack things...

where you have to fan the flames to get the fire going. You can either use the flap from the cardboard box, or Richard's "Cowboy hat". Either work fine.

Just got this yesterday - it's all right so far, but not amazing - the long, drawn out conversations are starting to get on my nerves, and the puzzles are hardly taxing so far. Love the graphics though. :)

Damn! I feel like I suck at this game so much now! :o

I'm stuck...again! It is at the part where Matt has ran off after the lake and you have to find him. I saw that his foot-prints were in the old cottage leading to a trap-door which I cannot open! >.< grrr!

I tried using an iron bar but no luck...any help? :)

Btw Mike, you are gonna have to get used to the long reading. THERE IS A LOT OF THAT! The game is mostly text but its still good :D

Go into the kitchen. Open the cupboard closest to the bedroom, and pull the lever. You're in!

Btw Mike, you are gonna have to get used to the long reading. THERE IS A LOT OF THAT! The game is mostly text but its still good :D

Indeed - I didn't realise there would be so much reading involved, not that I mind. There's even a warning on the back of the box: 'Moderate Reading Skills Required' or something similar.

It feels like reading a book - it's an intriguing story and a very relaxing game.

Love the graphics though. :)

Been meaning to say this for a while, but when I run from one area to the next, seeing the landscape literally pop into view, with the trees and lamposts that were laying on the ground bouncing up to attention, I grin every single time - it's brilliant.

Been meaning to say this for a while, but when I run from one area to the next, seeing the landscape literally pop into view, with the trees and lamposts that were laying on the ground bouncing up to attention, I grin every single time - it's brilliant.

This... it's a really nice touch. :D

Hi all

i'm stuck and hoping you can help

im at JC labs Rexs office and trying to get into the secret panel on the back wall . I have found the twin lion object and can see that you can move the lions then need to move the letters beneath , but cant work out what I need to do