NEurope
Tellyn

Sin & Punishment: Successor Of The Skies

Yes but what you don't seem to realise is that this gen especially, there is far too much choice.

Most people would view that as an oxymoron. I personally don't see "too much choice" as anything but a good thing for the consumer.

If someone could only buy 10 games for a single year, and they owned all consoles. The odds are that the only Wii games will probably either be Wii Sports 2, NSMB or something. Unless they have preference over the Wii, but then again let's say that there is no bias, and that they buy the best games across all platforms.

To decide what are the "best games" is to be subjective, thus generally requires pre-existing bias. Again, no-one logical would see this as a particularly bad thing, so long as they get what they want.

To suggest Nintendo fans, or mostly Nintendo fans are like "film nerds" is stupid. The true "film nerd" of gaming are the ones who do not limit themselves to holding preference on one console, but to all platforms.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what he said...

The true "film nerd" of gaming are the ones who do not limit themselves to holding preference on one console, but to all platforms.

I remember I created a thread in the past about this sorta subject. But, bluddy hell, I don't understand how people have the time or, more importantly, the money to own all three consoles (sometimes both handhelds) and still continue to buy the games...that's tough stuff.

I think there are so many gamers out there who do not know what their limits are. It's kinda like going to a restuarant and ordering a meal, with different courses. I know when I'm full. By comparison, others just seem to have bottomless stomachs. To me, as a gamer, I've always known what my limits are. I think many out there only choose to go for the one system, and it works well for them. It's always worked well for me to have one home console and one handheld. Last generation, I picked up an Xbox second hand (only paid 30 quid, as me and my brothers put money in together) and only ended up buying 4 or so games. By the time I had bought it, the Gamecube had taken up my heart and my time.

I know that each console have their merits, their features and their wonderful games. But, I can't fathom having all three, plus both handhelds. To me, it's overkill. At the moment, I have a healthy Wii collection just shy of 20 games. It's small compared to many others. But, to contemplate having the same amount of games on each system...I find it quite sickening. Hats off to those who can do it. But, that's too much for me.

(that's pretty off topic, but I caught that bit of your post and felt I had to reply to it)

Edit: So, my point is that I don't neccessarily think that you need to own "everything" to be a "true gamer."

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Cheers prod, that is what I said. Tissue, read my final statement, it says exactly what you do :) Nice to know you read my post. How much or how little people play I don't care. The only thing I'm saying is it annoys me when people slag things off without playing it, or even knowing about it. What annoys me slightly more is the perception that HD is for core gamers and the Wii is for casuals, and said core gamers dismiss the WIi completely, which, as I've attempted to say, completely goes against them being actualy core gamers...

I'm dizzy...

Fierce, you chose well :) Though I'm the one who is still eating with a full stomach. Though in my defense 360 came out loads earlier than the others and PS3 has a bluray player (I'm a bigger film nerd than I am a gaming nerd). Plus there are the odd game that I really love (Braid, flower, Wipeout, Uncharted, Bioshock etc.) But yeah, Wii has more great games than anyone can actually play.

Edited by dazzybee

I remember I created a thread in the past about this sorta subject. But, bluddy hell, I don't understand how people have the time or, more importantly, the money to own all three consoles (sometimes both handhelds) and still continue to buy the games...that's tough stuff.

I think there are so many gamers out there who do not know what their limits are. It's kinda like going to a restuarant and ordering a meal, with different courses. I know when I'm full. By comparison, others just seem to have bottomless stomachs. To me, as a gamer, I've always known what my limits are. I think many out there only choose to go for the one system, and it works well for them. It's always worked well for me to have one home console and one handheld. Last generation, I picked up an Xbox second hand (only paid 30 quid, as me and my brothers put money in together) and only ended up buying 4 or so games. By the time I had bought it, the Gamecube had taken up my heart and my time.

I know that each console have their merits, their features and their wonderful games. But, I can't fathom having all three, plus both handhelds. To me, it's overkill. At the moment, I have a healthy Wii collection just shy of 20 games. It's small compared to many others. But, to contemplate having the same amount of games on each system...I find it quite sickening. Hats off to those who can do it. But, that's too much for me.

I have all platforms, and I don't have the money to buy every top game on every console. So I prioritise, and in all honesty, every good game that the Wii may have, there has always been a game on another console that will appeal to me more. I am not rich, but I like having access to the games I like. And all consoles offer that. The Wii is my Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, Metroid console. That's it really.

The only thing I'm saying is it annoys me when people slag things off without playing it, or even knowing about it. What annoys me slightly more is the perception that HD is for core gamers and the Wii is for casuals, and said core gamers dismiss the WIi completely, which, as I've attempted to say, completely goes against them being actualy core gamers...

Same could be said for x game on x system. I see a lot of dismissing of games on other consoles from a lot of users here. I don't see why they should feel persecuted when someone does it to their game. Just buy whatever game you enjoy and stop moaning that other people don't like it.

Edited by tissuetown

I think there are so many gamers out there who do not know what their limits are. It's kinda like going to a restuarant and ordering a meal, with different courses. I know when I'm full. By comparison, others just seem to have bottomless stomachs. To me, as a gamer, I've always known what my limits are.

I fucking love your analogies.

But what about Resort? Zelda? De Blob? Zack and Wicki? Tiger Woods? Mario Kart? No....let's not turn it into one of "those" threads :) Each to their own!

I buy pretty much the best games on HD and good-best games on the Wii and ones that I feel offer a new experience. Or anything if it's a bargain!

I have all platforms, and I don't have the money to buy every top game on every console. So I prioritise, and in all honesty, every good game that the Wii may have, there has always been a game on another console that will appeal to me more. I am not rich, but I like having access to the games I like. And all consoles offer that. The Wii is my Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros, Metroid console. That's it really.

Financially speaking, it sounds like I'm in a pretty similar situation to you, although had I gone down the same path you did, I'd still be restricting myself.

I could afford to own all consoles, but what's the point when I can't get the most out of them? By focussing my time and finances, the Wii is my Mario, Smash and Metroid console, but it's also my Zelda, No More Heroes, Little King's Story, Zack & Wiki, Battalion Wars and LostWinds one.

Fierce, you chose well :) Though I'm the one who is still eating with a full stomach. Though in my defense 360 came out loads earlier than the others and PS3 has a bluray player (I'm a bigger film nerd than I am a gaming nerd). Plus there are the odd game that I really love (Braid, flower, Wipeout, Uncharted, Bioshock etc.) But yeah, Wii has more great games than anyone can actually play.

You're gonna get fat, boyyy. WiiFitTriplePlus for you.

The 360 did come out quite a bit earlier, I can't remember how long it was off the top of my head. To be honest, due to my poorness, I tend to buy lots of things retrospectively. I beefed up my SNES collection around the time the N64 was out. Then, at the time Majora's Mask came along, I picked up a 64 and built a collection from there. I saved loads because most stuff I bought was second hand. The Gamecube was where I started to buy things from the start. I'd be interested in sitting down and working out how much more money I've spent buying Cube or Wii games compared to the method I used beforehand.

Having each console does give you access. But, there really is a lot more to the Wii than just those three games. That's why I only stick with the one system, because I feel I get more "depth" out of it with the games I buy. Sure, it would be great being able to play all the "big" games on each system, but there is so much more to each system than the bigger games. Two of my favourite games last generation were Killer7 and Eternal Darkness. Granted, one of these is still a Nintendo-exclusive or created game (kinda...ish...) but they are still very different to what others enjoyed last generation. The Metroid Prime or Wind Waker replies.

I fucking love your analogies.

Thank you.

But what about Resort? Zelda? De Blob? Zack and Wicki? Tiger Woods? Mario Kart? No....let's not turn it into one of "those" threads :) Each to their own!

I buy pretty much the best games on HD and good-best games on the Wii and ones that I feel offer a new experience. Or anything if it's a bargain!

Ok fine, Zelda as well, and I bought Mario Kart which I regret. Why should I care about the rest? I would rather play UC2, MW2, Bayonetta, Alan Wake, Ninja Gaiden etc. And frankly, that's all I have time for. So there you go.

And frankly, I feel far too spoiled. There are far too many good games. I hardly see it as a disadvantage that I own all the consoles.

Edited by tissuetown

Ok fine, Zelda as well, and I bought Mario Kart which I regret. Why should I care about the rest? I would rather play UC2, MW2, Bayonetta, Alan Wake, Ninja Gaiden etc. And frankly, that's all I have time for. So there you go.

And frankly, I feel far too spoiled. There are far too many good games. I hardly see it as a disadvantage that I own all the consoles.

Because Wii Sports Resort is an amazing multiplayer game and (more importantly) offers a brand new experience with an incredible control interface, as a lover of games do you know want to try this out?! Also, Zack and Wicki is equal to all of those games (the ones I've played)...in it's repsective genre. Same to be said for Tiger Woods actually.

Ignore me. I could keep this going all the time :)

Because Wii Sports Resort is an amazing multiplayer game and (more importantly) offers a brand new experience with an incredible control interface, as a lover of games do you know want to try this out?! Also, Zack and Wicki is equal to all of those games (the ones I've played)...in it's repsective genre. Same to be said for Tiger Woods actually.

Ignore me. I could keep this going all the time :)

I got the first Wii Sports and have played it for all of 1 hour.

I have no interest in Golf Games. And I know nothing about Zack and Wiki, and I don't do blind buys.

I know nothing about Zack and Wiki

*Reads back through his own posts*

*reads again and lets the point soak in*

*smiles....point proven*

ONLY JOKING :D

BACK ON TOPIC FOR HERO: This game looks awesome!! Is this another Spring 10 release? If so then it's looking well congested with quality games. Spring is the Christmas.

This game has an awesome soundtrack, been listening to alot of it today.

Menu Theme

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Staff Roll

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Couple of boss fights

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Sin & Punishment 2: Creator’s Voice – Parts 5 & 6

Nintendo wants it hard:

Nakagawa: Yes. However, this time there were many hardcore gamers in the development staff, so we developed the game using the Gamecube controller we were used to instead of the Wii Remote.

Iwata: Yes.

Nakagawa: So then I made it as I liked it. Really hard.

Iwata: As expected of one of Treasure (laughs).

Nakagawa: I gazed at it from the corner of my eye, and I thought, “They’ll probably tell me to fix this later on…” Even though I thought that, I would get irritated when I told myself, “Fix it!” so I waited for Nintendo to tell me.

Iwata: It irritated you when you told yourself that, so you were waiting for and looking forward to Nintendo telling you (laughs).

Nakagawa: Yes. And then, they told me the opposite…

Iwata: What?

Nakagawa: They said, “It’s too easy” …and also, “What the hell is this?”

Everyone: (laughs)

Nakagawa: They told me, “The enemies get destroyed immediately,” and when I replied, “What?! It should be really hard…?!” they even said, “Fans won’t like it if it’s this easy…”

Iwata: The people from Nintendo even said such things to Treasure…

[------]

Iwata: Well, if you do such a thing, it wouldn’t be fun (laughs). But, I’m surprised with what was said just now. Nintendo actually told Treasure, “Make it harder.” If it weren’t for “Creator’s Voice,” I would never have known.

The original title was “Glass Soldier†then “The Barren Lands of Darknessâ€.

I think most of us here knew about the "Glass Soldier" part if for no other reason than it's referred as that name in the credits.

Cheers Hero!

lol...

Trying to calculate the effects of Sin and Punishment 2's neverending onslaught on two players at once whilst keeping things running smoothly would make the Wii burst into tears and then explode.

Sounds Great!!...

Playing Sin and Punishment 2 for half an hour is absolutely mentally exhausting; the concentration leaves you drained and happy.
The plot makes absolutely no sense at all, obviously, which contributes to driving you mad after prolonged exposure.
Sin and Punishment 2 is undeniably very, very hard, but in the correct and old-fashioned way - not because it's unfair, but because it's hugely demanding.

Hmm...

Each stage really ought to have been split up into more manageable sections rather than exhausting 20-minute epics with three boss battles each.

Hardcore get!

Eurogamer was definitely in the right mindset for the review. They made it out as it is, the insanity and ludicrous plot that would make any other game fail is basically a selling point.