NEurope
Tellyn

Sin & Punishment: Successor Of The Skies

Does anyone find it odd that no other media has been shown at all since E3 and the game is out next month in Japan?

Considering this game gets published by Nintendo...

NO!!!

Marketing-wise, this game will most likely become just another Disaster. :laughing:

Edited by T-3

Meh I don't give a shit about the advertising, the game will be amazing, myself and anyone on the internet who have been following it will buy it and everyone else - casual scum etc - will miss out on a brilliant game.

'And so the circle of life continues...

:heh:

Meh I don't give a shit about the advertising, the game will be amazing, myself and anyone on the internet who have been following it will buy it and everyone else - casual scum etc - will miss out on a brilliant game.

'And so the circle of life continues...

:heh:

Have you played the original? I love it and definetely see how it will benefit from IR controls. I would love to go back and play the first with the remote pointer rather than analogue for the aiming.

Have you played the original? I love it and definetely see how it will benefit from IR controls. I would love to go back and play the first with the remote pointer rather than analogue for the aiming.

The fuck does that have to do with what he said?

Sin & Punishment 2 Details Divulged

Not much has been said about Sin & Punishment 2 ever since Nintendo first revealed it at a press event late last year. The game's almost done, though -- hitting Wii shelves October 29 in Japan -- and as the folks at Nintendo and developer Treasure put it, it's everything you liked about the original, amplified.

The original Nintendo 64 Sin & Punishment had a pretty open ending storywise, but players have had to wait nine years for a sequel to come out. "It's not that we particularly had a sequel in mind from the beginning," Treasure head Masato Maegawa told Famitsu magazine this week. "The idea behind that project was basically to make a game that used the left-hand position on the Nintendo 64 controller, since not too many other games did that. When the Wii came out, we felt like we just had to tackle it again -- it's not like we've been sitting on this idea for nine years, but the simplest reason for this sequel is 'because the Wii came out.'"

The basic idea is the same as before -- it's an on-rails shooter, with your character using guns and swords to dispatch enemies and stay alive. The main character this time around is Isa Jo, son of Saki and Airan from the previous game; he's been sent to an alternate version of Earth in order to kill an amnesiac girl named Kachi, but the two wind up working together to defeat a common menace.

If Treasure is telling the truth, you can expect a lot more depth to this game than what we saw with the N64 Sin & Punishment. "We concepted out this game as an arcade-like title, but if you made a game this long for the arcades, the operators would kill us," Maegawa joked. "It's arcade-style, yes, but in terms of volume, it's a different story." Hitoshi Yamagami, project director at Nintendo, agreed: "You can't really compare the number of stages as they're all different sizes, but in terms of playtime it's easily twice the size [of the original]."

Size isn't the only innovation here, though -- the two playable characters also have a variety of new moves. "You used to basically stick to the ground, but you'll be able to move in the air now as well," said director Atsutomo Nakagawa. "There are two player characters now, too, and to make that more enjoyable they have different skills in terms of how their charged shots and lock-on systems work."

This being a Treasure title, Sin & Punishment 2 will also have a variety of difficulty levels, from an Easy mode that allows most people to reach the end of the game to a Hard setting that Yamagami says "is for chosen ones only." Ooooh.

The US version of Sin & Punishment 2 is tentatively due out in the first quarter of 2010.

Looks like Nintendo will start releasing new media before the end of the month.

I hope the story is still bat shit insane and only makes sense never. Good to hear that the length has been improved, of course...the original seemed about the perfect length tbh. It lended itself to multiple playthroughs for the highscores and such, also Turbo Hard mode for the masochists.

New vs Old

2ag7zg1.jpg

2yxhw7l.jpg

Artwork:

2gxqwkk.png

10clu9h.png

xfrejo.png

New screens:

img_stage_1.jpg

img_stage_2.jpg

img_stage_3.jpg

img_stage_4.jpg

img_stage_5.jpg

img_stage_6.jpg

img_stage_7.jpg

img_stage_8.jpg

img_stage_9.jpg

img_stage_10.jpg

Scans:

0910081208c726f80d30068.th.jpg09100812081ec9da793ff0d.th.jpg

091008120823e840a85e25b.th.jpg0910081208537da5027aaee.th.jpg

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Ok then... :blank:

The fuck does that have to do with what he said?

leetpants,that's exactly what I thought lol I was just saying that i don't care about the lack of advertising because this is just what always happens when Nintendo have an excellent third party title to promote, they don't advertise it enough.

However I know that it will be an amazing game if the original is anything to go by, and yes Zechs I did play the original, not only that but I reviewed it and a damn fine game it is too and yes I agree that obv it will benefit from IR controls, I was never disputing that or the potential quality of the game... I've just become apathetic towards Nintendo's unwillingness to spend on advertising for games like this, that's all. :)

But that won't stop it being an excellent title, though it would be nice if more people would buy it when it comes out I think we all know that this is going to be one bought mainly by the hardcore gamers who have wanted this for a long time. ;)

Dante, thanks for the excellent pics/scans keep up the good work. :smile:

Edited by S.C.G

I need to change my avatar, you keep calling me dwarf.

It's true! I see the AV and it's subconscious! :o sorry

New vs Old

2ag7zg1.jpg

2yxhw7l.jpg

Which one is the new one? I prefer the top (new?) one.

Fuck me! I was only asking cause I was I was wondering who did actually play the original.

Oh... haha fair enough :D yeah I played and loved the original :) and I really can't wait for this sequel.

Which one is the new one? I prefer the top (new?) one.

The top picture is the new one, thankfully :heh:

At first glance I wasn't sure, but I was hoping that it wasn't the bottom picture as it looks significantly worse :eek:

The font used for 'Commander' and 'Player' are what quickly revealed the truth to me as I remember what it was like when the earlier screens were released and now it has changed.. plus the rest of the new screens obviously use the slightly revamped HUD : peace:

Dante did also say 'New vs Old' so I guess the order was implied anyway :heh:

Anyway, I think I'm gonna love it :hehe: I enjoyed Sin & Punishment on the VC despite the slightly awkward use of the Classic Controller. I would have liked to have played it with the N64 controller that it was designed for but I also realised as soon as I started it that it would be a perfect fit for the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.. and here we are :yay:

Edited by nekunando

...I enjoyed Sin & Punishment on the VC despite the slightly awkward use of the Classic Controller. I would have liked to have played it with the N64 controller that it was designed for but I also realised as soon as I started it that it would be a perfect fit for the Wii Remote and Nunchuk.. and here we are :yay:

Exactly the same for me, as soon as I played it I immediately thought of it belonging on the Wii!

The top picture is the new one, thankfully :heh:

At first glance I wasn't sure, but I was hoping that it wasn't the bottom picture as it looks significantly worse :eek:

The font used for 'Commander' and 'Player' are what quickly revealed the truth to me as I remember what it was like when the earlier screens were released and now it has changed.. plus the rest of the new screens obviously use the slightly revamped HUD : peace:

Dante did also say 'New vs Old' so I guess the order was implied anyway :heh:

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure I was looking at the right one.

Plus the old screen has bad english (Multipler) than (Multiplier) in the new one. :p

The new certainly looks better, but I prefer the old font. It's crisper.

Edit, wow 1500th post.

If I had seen any of the first game prior to playing, it wouldn't make it any less awesome when I played through it.

Looks great. Really looking forward to this next year. I'm hoping Nintendo don't screw around with its release and put it out early next year, i.e. February/March.

I'm hoping Nintendo don't screw around with its release and put it out early next year, i.e. February/March.

Likewise, unless the date has been changed the Western release is still Q1 2010

This months Famitsu gave this a healthy score of 9/9/9/9.

The review scores were fake but Bayonetta did turn out right with 40/40 and 38/40.

Sin & Punishment 2 got review score of 8/8/8/7.

Edited by Dante