NEurope
Tellyn

Sin & Punishment: Successor Of The Skies

I'm not sure it matters much where they set the game in relation to the first, the story will likely not make any more sense than the first. That is to say, very little, and what does is still off the wall.

I noticed how they mentioned new characters in that video - is it confirmed yet whether this will be in a completely different universe?

I hope not. They could set it straight after the first and focus on the attempts to turn Saki back into human form. I personally would like to see it set a few years after the first and have Isa as the main character. The original did at the end point to the fact that the descendant of Airan and Saki would have Achi's blood.

It has been confirmed to include two new characters: Isa (the son of Saki and Airan, who made an appearance in the first game), and a young girl named Kachi.

This looks amazing - I just picked up the original on VC, not only does it look great and play superbly but it's a real challenge. A bit on the short side though, although with each difficulty level it REALLY ramps up the challenge, not just with number of enemies etc but also with the way they attack adding a lot of new elements.

I think this will be a lot more natural with the IR pointer than with the analogue stick. I can't wait for it in fact, plus the graphics look lush for a wii game.

I also just picked up the original on the VC. Didn't get very far, but its a great game. I bet it would feel a lot better with the Trident rather than the Classic Controller.

I also just picked up the original on the VC. Didn't get very far, but its a great game. I bet it would feel a lot better with the Trident rather than the Classic Controller.

The one draw back were the controls! I felt it would have been better with the original - however I still clocked it. It'd be amazing had they put in IR controls.

you know what makes me laugh... that this gets away with the whole " on-rails rofl wii fags" drama..

is this not pretty much another on-rails shooter? just a different perspective?

and you can move the character... hmm still on rails :D

you know what makes me laugh... that this gets away with the whole " on-rails rofl wii fags" drama..

You can at least dodge bullets on this one.

I had mixed feelings about the N64 version, mainly due to the surreal story segments and the controls... And the price. I could see the appeal though. This looks much better, the trailers almost seem HD. :)

Well, consider the fact that this is a sequel to a game made in 2000 on the N64. The first game was also on rails, which is the difference between all the fuss about Dead Space and RE on Wii.

Well, consider the fact that this is a sequel to a game made in 2000 on the N64. The first game was also on rails, which is the difference between all the fuss about Dead Space and RE on Wii.

But there were "light gun" Resident Evil games around that time, too. I think part of the fuss around The Umbrella Chronicles was that the game would be just as "bad" as the (Gun) Survivor games. I never played them, so I dunno if they are really bad games to begin with, but Umbrella Chronicles was pretty sweet.

ah yes i guess so.. now I think about it house of the dead avoided it too.

ah yes i guess so.. now I think about it house of the dead avoided it too.

Nobody battered an eyelid at Ghost Squad, either. :heh:

Yeah, pretty much Dead Space and Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles seem to have felt the brunt of the force. It's a shame...they all look to be very good games. Dead Space keeps looking better and better.

With Sin & Punishment, I'm not convinced many people will actually go out and buy it. It could be one people pick up when it drops off in price, or purchase it second hand.

With Sin & Punishment, I'm not convinced many people will actually go out and buy it. It could be one people pick up when it drops off in price, or purchase it second hand.

I'm not particularly hyped for S&P2 but deep down I have a feeling it will be the equivalent of Lylat Wars so that makes me want it!

I plan on getting it Day 1 if I can. At the very least the first week budget permitting.

Also, Ghost Squad was an arcade port iirc.

Japan date is 29th Oct aslo subtitle and boxart:

o0210030010246198671.jpg

Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Sky

Sexy sexy sexy. Loving how this is a true sequel in all respects. Hopefully we'll get some more nice, dystopian scenarios... like Japan drowning in blood.

Sexy sexy sexy. Loving how this is a true sequel in all respects. Hopefully we'll get some more nice, dystopian scenarios... like Japan drowning in blood.

I think my favorite is flying around on the flooring of the bridge of an aircraft cruiser and annihilating the navy/air forces.

Not that Japan being flooded with blood was bad per se.

Hopefully I'll be back in employment by the time this is released. Otherwise, I'll be heartbroken.

Boxart is awesome, any news on a European date?

Only Q1 2010 but it might changed for later date.

Does anyone find it odd that no other media has been shown at all since E3 and the game is out next month in Japan?