NEurope
Tellyn

Sin & Punishment: Successor Of The Skies

I don't know why i keep hearing people say this was unexpected, when they brought the first to the VC i figured they were working on a 2nd and putting the 1st on the VC was a way to install a fanbase outside Japan. I only surprised it wasn't announced sooner.

Oh yeah and BTW.

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

looking at the video it looks amazing, new lead character too, wonder will Saki and Achi make a return, and wonder will teh story be as freakishly awesome, oh man i'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it, YAY

Looks stunning, detailed, smooth and action packed!

Looking awesome! Man, I love arcade styled games! Even if they're too short sometimes.

The point about arcade games being short is a relevant one here. I'd really like them to implement some replayability into the game - online high score leaderboards or something like that. I still replayed Lylat Wars again and again but added incentive always helps. On the topic of Lylat Wars I'm pretty worried that the announcement of this game, whilst welcome, might end hopes of a new Star Fox game anytime soon at least - which is a sad, sad thing indeed.

I still replayed Lylat Wars again and again but added incentive always helps. On the topic of Lylat Wars I'm pretty worried that the announcement of this game, whilst welcome, might end hopes of a new Star Fox game anytime soon at least - which is a sad, sad thing indeed.

Don't remind me. :sad:

I miss Lylatwars. Played it so much.

Don't remind me. :sad:

I miss Lylatwars. Played it so much.

I know it's never going to happen - but I would love this to be remade with lovely shiny new graphics. I hated the GC version, it was poor - the first level was amazing and I was hooked, then there were the other levels oh dear! Bar the odd the flying level it was very poor. I know sometimes people whine when sequels don't introduce new ideas, but I say sometimes when it ain't broke - don't fix it!

The point about arcade games being short is a relevant one here. I'd really like them to implement some replayability into the game - online high score leaderboards or something like that. I still replayed Lylat Wars again and again but added incentive always helps. On the topic of Lylat Wars I'm pretty worried that the announcement of this game, whilst welcome, might end hopes of a new Star Fox game anytime soon at least - which is a sad, sad thing indeed.

I think it might actually do the Star Fox franchise some good. Its got a bit of time to take a rest now, and hopefully it won't just get whored out to another second or third party for the sake of making some money.

I joygasmed at the teaser trailer, so much that I played through the original.

very very good idea. didnt see this coming at all.

I like this trend of seeing how well vc are selling and making well deserved sequels

I see they are also happy with gunstar heroes.. wiiware version maybe ?

With the game originally set for release in 2009, according to Nintendo at their conference last October, and with the title on the show floor being playable, there may be a bit of bad news for people waiting for this. I'm just looking at the release list of titles for the Wii for all games compiled by Nintendo and this, Sin & Punishment 2, is now down for Q1 2010. So doesn't look like it's making it out in America this year and so I doubt it'll hit Europe this year either. Along with this, Endless Ocean 2 is also down for Q1 2010.

@ ShadowV7 - I've got the release schedule from Nintendo that's available on their E3 2009 press site.

You can get it at the link below by entering the details and there's also trailers and screenshots for various games.

http://press.nintendo.com/E32009/

username: E32009

password: nintendo

Ah, it's on the press site. Just checked it out. Damn from Q4 it's gonna be a good year for games :D

I couldn't watch the video with sound as people are too loud in this room and I can't hear a thing, but are we able to move the character on screen? I assume so, but just checking.

You can move left and right an jump around like the first game. Other than that it's on rails.

I wonder if they'll top the aircraft carrier level of the first one. I'm pretty sure that's about the craziest thing I've seen in a game.

You can move left and right an jump around like the first game. Other than that it's on rails.

I wonder if they'll top the aircraft carrier level of the first one. I'm pretty sure that's about the craziest thing I've seen in a game.

Aye, that's what I was talking about. Ok, awesome then. :) I still need the first on VC, but I have a lack of Wii Points.

Something tells me that this will be rock hard. At least, for me anyway.

The first one was pretty hard so I'd assume this one will be.

Quoted for truth. That sequence is one of the best scenes I've ever played in a video game.

Yeah! :hehe: That aircraft carrier level was a stand out moment in S&P for me too.

EDIT: Oh and what do you get if you cross Stargate and Endless Ocean?

73871520090602_200639_7_big.jpg

:laughing:

Edited by darksnowman

Yeah! :hehe: That aircraft carrier level was a stand out moment in S&P for me too.

EDIT: Oh and what do you get if you cross Stargate and Endless Ocean?

73871520090602_200639_7_big.jpg

:laughing:

Hahaha! That's a pretty good spot.

Hmm, Stargate crossed with Endless Ocean, eehhh?

I noticed how they mentioned new characters in that video - is it confirmed yet whether this will be in a completely different universe?

I hope not. They could set it straight after the first and focus on the attempts to turn Saki back into human form. I personally would like to see it set a few years after the first and have Isa as the main character. The original did at the end point to the fact that the descendant of Airan and Saki would have Achi's blood.