NEurope
Tellyn

Sin & Punishment: Successor Of The Skies

Got this earlier today. Only had time to play Stage 0 and a little bit of Stage 1 before having to turn off but it's definitely enjoyable. Not sure if Normal mode is going to be a good choice. Think I'll restart it again on Hard just because I want something really challenging and want to spread the game out over a couple of weeks.

In regards to the graphics, it's hit and miss I'd say. When actually playing, it looks great considering how many things are on the screen at once but the cutscenes aren't of the greatest quality.

Ganepark...I would say that the earlier levels on normal are more forgiving until you get to the end of 4 onwards. As an average-ability gamer, I find it very hard to not die before the end of any stage from then on and thus losing out on the score bonuses.

Having attempted level 6 and 7 on normal, I can see how repeated play yields better knowledge of easier completion but not having experienced anything quite this hard before, it's all still a bit daunting! Great fun though and the graphics all run very smoothly in my opinion and far better looking character models than the poor N64 versions ( obviously ).

If I see this cheap, I'll probably pick it up...but otherwise it just doesn't look like a game that merits the standard price tag. First one was pretty good fun but by no means an outstanding must-have. In terms of on-rails shooters, Lylat Wars was infinitely better.

Nevertheless, I imagine the action side of things makes this one of those games where you just pick it up and have a blast without having to worry about putting too much free time into it (which is good because I hardly ever have any).

If I see this cheap, I'll probably pick it up...but otherwise it just doesn't look like a game that merits the standard price tag. First one was pretty good fun but by no means an outstanding must-have. In terms of on-rails shooters, Lylat Wars was infinitely better.

Nevertheless, I imagine the action side of things makes this one of those games where you just pick it up and have a blast without having to worry about putting too much free time into it (which is good because I hardly ever have any).

I personally think this is much better than the first. The pointer controls go a long way to making that the case though. The levels are longer and much more intense than the first too.

It is very pick up and play and the unlimited continues and generous checkpoint aid the situation no end.

This was going to be a day of release for me, but sadly due to Monster Hunter 3 being so damn good I have completely over looked it.

Finally beat it on normal the other day and the last level was pretty epic.

I was a little puzzled by the end. It wasn't because it was confusing as such, though most of the story is gobbledygook, it's that given the numerous and relatively lengthy cut scenes there were throughout the game, the ending one was really short.

The keeping of the Japanese song was a nice touch though.

I WILL get this next month.

What about No More Heroes 2 and Super Mario Galaxy 2 though?

Also spotted this over at GT.

Nothing new really but always good to hear from the people behind the game.

What about No More Heroes 2 and Super Mario Galaxy 2 though?

Those too. It's just a case of whether I wait until after my exams or wait merely until my Birthday. Only two weeks in it.

Why the hell am I even typing this? I have Imperial Germany to revise.

Those too. It's just a case of whether I wait until after my exams or wait merely until my Birthday. Only two weeks in it.

Why the hell am I even typing this? I have Imperial Germany to revise.

Studying Imperial Germany or play Sin & Punishment... I know what I'd rather be doing...

Get it bought!

Mind getting me a NTSC copy while you're at it?:D

I'd like to think that as well. But as mentioned, this, Galaxy 2 and No More Heroes is just waiting for me. Not only do I have a back logue, but i've got a purchase log now...

This year has been stacked with great games... but this one will sadly have to wait for a price drop or at least until I've done with Mario and MH3!

Yeah it's rediculous the ammount of great games around atm!!

Just don't have time for them all!... One major back catalogues gonna start building up!

So I started playing through this today, and my main thought is why the hell did it take them so long to realise this would be an awesome game to make?

It's the perfect sequel, everything that was so awesome about the original has been ramped up and spread out. I can only wholeheartedly agree with Captain Falcon when he said

Almost every level is like the originals 2-2 and then some

Treasure are my heroes of the month.

Good man D_prO!

It's a classy game and it really Is tailor made to the system. I'm currently trying to do a hard mode run but other games such as Monster Hunter Tri, No More Heroes 2 and now, Super Mario Galaxy 2 are keeping me from it.

It's one of those games though where I can see myself constanly dipping back into it in between other games.

I finally got this game and wow, it's good but soooo hard. Does anyone else find it difficult? I find some of it difficult for the sake of being difficult and almost unfair. I'm getting decentish scores, but I think I am dying way too much on later levels. I think I'll try to ace it on easy first then attack normal.

I finally got this game and wow, it's good but soooo hard. Does anyone else find it difficult? I find some of it difficult for the sake of being difficult and almost unfair. I'm getting decentish scores, but I think I am dying way too much on later levels. I think I'll try to ace it on easy first then attack normal.

It's difficult alright. Who are you playing with - Isa or Kachi? Some parts are much easier with Kachi thanks to her lock on meaning you only have to concentrate on dodging and reflecting but for the most part, I would say Isa is the better of the two. His charge shot is better. Sure, Kachi allows you to target multiple targets but you have to aim at them all in the mean time and when you are trying to lock all shots on one target, it's a pain. So is trying to swap multiple targets that don't die in a couple of hits when firing normally.

I started on Normal and did it with Isa. Now I'm playing through with Kachi on Easy and am midway through the last level. Will attempt Hard once I'm done.

I'm very, very stuck on (what I think is) the final boss (playing as Isa). I went through it on normal, and up until now, I found the difficulty to be balanced perfectly for me. Plenty of deaths, but also reward in perseverance. Now though, I can't foresee me actually finishing it...

I'm very, very stuck on (what I think is) the final boss (playing as Isa). I went through it on normal, and up until now, I found the difficulty to be balanced perfectly for me. Plenty of deaths, but also reward in perseverance. Now though, I can't foresee me actually finishing it...

Even though you gave no details, I'm fairly sure I know exactly what part you are at - that boss took me ages.

As for being the last boss, if it is the one I'm thinking off then...

if it is the one, the answer is No

I also got this game recently - for my birthday last week (along with Lego Harry Potter :cool:). I've never really played a game like this before, and I'm enjoying it so much - spraying everything with lasers and watching it all explode is so awesome. And it definitely is hard, like everyone's saying. I've started on Easy mode with Isa, and can't imagine making it through a level on Normal mode, let alone Hard!

It's difficult alright. Who are you playing with - Isa or Kachi? Some parts are much easier with Kachi thanks to her lock on meaning you only have to concentrate on dodging and reflecting but for the most part, I would say Isa is the better of the two. His charge shot is better. Sure, Kachi allows you to target multiple targets but you have to aim at them all in the mean time and when you are trying to lock all shots on one target, it's a pain. So is trying to swap multiple targets that don't die in a couple of hits when firing normally.

I started on Normal and did it with Isa. Now I'm playing through with Kachi on Easy and am midway through the last level. Will attempt Hard once I'm done.

I play as Isa, I love his charge shot, it's a real winner when it comes to taking down larger enemies and bosses. I am liking the game more and more, am on the final bosses now.

If it's anything liek Lylat Wars I'll get more enjoyment from it when I've beaten it and am attacking the high scores...

:eek: Stage 6... How this can be done on any setting other than Easy I don't know!

It's refreshing to see such honesty about a game's difficulty! I hate it when people say "Oh yeah, I did find it a bit hard in places on Hard mode!" I really tried to blitz this a few weeks ago now and even lent a hand to the one person who is trying to do a FAQ walkthrough on gamefaqs. I gave up on Hard mode level 4 at the "my blood is on fire" part...I'm sure you are all very familiar with that!

Tackling the difficulty is one thing but then you have the challenge of finding out what the hell you have to do to get the gold medals! I did find the website was very helpful with those expert gamer videos of all levels, which never seem to run to the end for me, but seeing it is one thing...DOING it is quite another!