NEurope
Tellyn

Sin & Punishment: Successor Of The Skies

Eurogamer have given this 9/10.

I might have to get this... if I can pull myself away from Monster Hunter Tri that is!

Edited by Kav

Was very tempted to go into the city on my lunch break to get this today, and I just got a nice cheque from youtube on wednesday which means the cost was covered, but I decided to leave it for a while. I've still got a ton of time to invest in Monster Hunter 3 and I certainly don't have enough time to have 2 games on the go. And there's still NMH2 and Mario Galaxy 2 on the way. Damnit, I can't remember the last time I've had so many games on my "to buy" list release so close to each other.

Hang on, how can they give Presentation 9.5, and some of you lot are saying it's like an N64 game.

Because most people don't remember what Nintendo 64 games even looked like.

Sin and Punishment 1:

sin-and-punishment-screen1.jpg

Actually, for a Nintendo 64 game I'd say that doesn't look too bad.

Because most people don't remember what Nintendo 64 games even looked like.

Well i can, i played a N64 quite recently, and this game literally looks like a slightly updated version of that screenshot you posted.

I was out, I saw it, I bought it. I'm not going out tonight and I can use the money I would heve spent...and still have change.

Look forward to trying out and see just how it really looks.

I'm still getting no more heroes on release though - nothing going to stop that.

MOKONG. You got a cheque from YouTube? How?

His youtube videos have adverts on them before they play, So I presume from that.

MOKONG. You got a cheque from YouTube? How?

I'm a partner, as mentioned my vids have adverts on them and this generates me money... not much though, I don't get enough views to get anything major, but about once every 2 - 3 months a nice cheque for about 70 euro (you need to earn at least $100 before they send you a cheque) comes in the post. Quite handy for buying games.

Still feel tempted to get this... what are peoples average completion time for first play? Does it last long?

Still feel tempted to get this... what are peoples average completion time for first play? Does it last long?

Well if you start on Hard Mode. your first play through could last a while.

I've started on normal and am close to finishing level 4, or at least I think I am, having played it for just over 4 hours.

So does it look like an N64 game? Well no, that's being quite harsh but it's not quite what it was being made to look like. A lot of things aren't round long enough for you to get a good look at so it does help somewhat for it to get away with low poly objects.

I'm glad they did see Super Mario Galaxy running at 60fps and decided to up their game as it would have been a poor effort otherwise on the visual front.

But none of that counts for beans because it plays proper slick and that's what matters most.

I am curious as to what part of your character houses the hit box as I know I've seen shots fly through my legs and body and not register so is it only the head or does it depend on whether you are in a 2D or 3D area.

Loving this game. Played it through to completion on Normal and man, it's hard. Can't imagine what the actual Hard difficulty will be like. Died countless times on the end bosses of levels 5 and 7.

Replaying on Easy now, to pick up on some of the nuances of the scoring system.

Also, to those not sure about the graphics, you really need to play it to see just how much stuff is flying around at any one point in time. Actually quite impressive.

Just finished it on Hard. It was pretty hard.

Don't understand where all the worries about the graphics come from. I think it's actually one of the better looking Wii games, (excluding the cut scenes).

It must be a pretty good game to do that.

Edited by STOOPIDDITTIES

The unlimited amount of continues make it a much more possible job than the first game.

Besides that, there's also the Isa & Kachi mode which basically provides you two life bars.

This game is so much fun...

That is all I need to add... back to Stage 3...

Edited by Hamishmash

This came is so much fun...

This must be really good to get you guys talking dirty.

This must be really good to get you guys talking dirty.

Well I must admit I had to change my underwear several times. In the tutorial level.

I'm up to level 6 now on normal and it just gets more and more intense as you go on. I wonder how the last level is going to top this one. Short of being outer space, I'm struggling to think how they'll do it.

I just wonder how anything can top the first games final level...

Almost every level is like the originals 2-2 and then some though.

Yes, I remember just as well as anyone, but turning into a giant and destroying a fake earth before it crashes into earth, which is no larger than a platform for you to stand on is pretty damn climatic.

Captain...how are you able to start on anything other than easy first because surely the normal and hard modes are locked until you actually complete the easier levels first?? Well, they certainly were on my version anyway!

Has anybody managed to find more than half of the bonuses on any one stage yet? I kind of know which achievements may produce a gold medal but actually executing them is another thing!

Normal and hard were unlocked from the start on mine so I began on normal.

As for bonuses awards, I'm not too sure what triggers most of them. I know how to deliberately cause a few to pop up whether by doing certain actions or hitting certain kill counts. But the latter is easier said than done as not counting the prologue, I've only managed to do level 2 without dying so far - a feat that put me in the top 10 UK players for the level (I had the highest kill count too).

Normal and hard were unlocked from the start on mine so I began on normal.

Yep, I believe the only thing you can unlock is

Isa&Kachi mode.

About these bonuses, is there some sort of visual indication whether you have collected these or not? I thought they were just for scoring points. I'm not really willing to put effort in finding them if there isn't some kind of reward.

Yep, I believe the only thing you can unlock is
Isa&Kachi mode.

About these bonuses, is there some sort of visual indication whether you have collected these or not? I thought they were just for scoring points. I'm not really willing to put effort in finding them if there isn't some kind of reward.

Yeah, a medal appears on screen like the coins which you have to collect. I got a few from bosses, usually by using the charge shot or blocking their attacks with the sword attack.