NEurope
Tellyn

Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep

The graphics look brilliant for it. Lets hope you get a bit more freedom in this one. Looking forward to it :)

Really looking forward to this.

Haven't picked up the first yet, so an improved sequel should be brill!

There is a God. And he plays Wii!!

I hope it features Hayley Westenra again ;)

Great stuff. I hope its RRP is £20 again and would you believe I was just thinking about Endless Ocean last night! :grin:

I hope it features Hayley Westenra again ;)
Get out. :heh:

They better keep Mp3 support then if that's the case. :grin:

Also, how cool would it be if this was Wii Speak compatible? I'd go as far as to say it's a must actually.

Yeah, would love for it to be 4 player over Wi-Fi, with voice chat and for there to be some kind of multi-player objectives.

That's all that was missing from the first game in my opinion.

This looks sharper than the first one and the graphics have been improved upon (even the above water ones on the boat). I enjoyed the first one but it would be nice to have some more freedom.

I sadly missed out of on the first one it's on my list of Wii games I need to seriously buy. (along with Zak and Wiki!) :)

Might Actually wait for the second if some cool improvements are made! :D

Get out. :heh:

They better keep Mp3 support then if that's the case. :grin:

Also, how cool would it be if this was Wii Speak compatible? I'd go as far as to say it's a must actually.

Yeah, would love for it to be 4 player over Wi-Fi, with voice chat and for there to be some kind of multi-player objectives.

That's all that was missing from the first game in my opinion.

Good point. It would be incredible to go diving and talk. :D Add harpoons and we've got a Halo3/CoD4 killer :p

I loved the music from the first one. MP3 support was great though.

From that second shot...I'm sure that's a lake beasty and not an "oceanite".

Could indicate more areas to dive in. The first one is a truly great niche game but with a few tweaks it could enter "AAA" territory.

Utterly delighted this is coming!

About the music, they should keep MP3 support but allow you to put a playlist together or something... because diving to one looping song was a bit of a negative point. (I know you all used that application to merge a list of songs together, but the game should already have catered for that!)

Ah didn't realise we had a thread for this. Now I can put this here as well. Although originally slated for a 2009 release in the US, I've been looking at the recently compiled release list by Nintendo and they've listed this as coming out in Q1 2010, meaning it'll not be out this year by the looks of it which is a shame.

Really looking forward to this, the first game was ace. I really like the look of everything they've added to the sequel.

That trailer looks good, as do the screenshots. I had a brief go on the first one and the ex enjoyed it much more than me but it played nicely and seemed to have a lot of depth (ouch). As mentioned already if the RRP is £19.99, I'll be sure to pick it up.

Watched the trailer... oh yes. :hehe:

Looks great. Seems like the controls might be a bit smoother judging by how they stopped and started swimming during the video. Seeing the fish attack was pretty cool too and should add a (well needed?) feeling of danger to proceedings.

I hope MP3 support hasn't been dumped like it was from ExciteBots. :(

have a feeling it won't accept MP3's ala ExciteBots.

Kinda gutted it's not out this year but hopefully that extra development time will be put to good use. Really looking forward to this and although I'm surprised it hasn't already been released, I'm willing to keep this on my radar, no matter how long it takes to reach our shores.

Loving the look of the new environments, it's something I said I wanted in the first title.

Things I'd like in a sequel:

Basically more missions would be good.

I love the idea of the ocean harbouring secrets man cannot reach and so the Titanic would be a good site to dive to. Infact, a tour mode of sorts would be excellent with varying places you could visit. Like the harsh North Sea to discover a dormant volcano/WW1/2 crash sites before being whisked off to the Antarctic to film penguins/Whales and finishing in a vast lake in America following salmon migration routes.

Online obviously needs a whooping good rethink too. (Although it is a first attempt). Imagine being able to go diving with 2-10 friends!? And being able to "create" sections of ocean with treasure/animals (kind of like the aquarium i guess). That would be good.

At least they gave me Antarctica!

Edited by tapedeck

This uses wii speak too doesn't it?
Apparently so, yeah.

That'll sort out the communication issues of the first game for sure. icon14.gif

Haha, right enough, communication in Endless Ocean was a bit cumbersome to say the least. As well as Wii Speak support, it would be great if they allow for four (or more) players.