NEurope
Hero-of-Time

"New Play Control" Games!

I hope they stick Baten Kaitos Origins on this. As it was never released in Europe it would be awesome to see it get a Wiimake release. Fingers crossed. Hell, even if they just put the first one on the Wii it would be awesome.

When this range goes worldwide, it'll be a good excuse for Capcom to bring their Wiimakes of Resi Zero and Resi 1 out of Japan. Nice. :zzz:

Or, perhaps they ignore it ever existed. Which is actually what i try and do.

Awwww come on give them a break... It wasn't THAT bad!!

Now, redo the multiplayer and online components of Metroid Hunters, add a few more characters, loads of new maps. Include the ability to grab a Metroid in a lab jar, and lob it at your opponent, and i'm sold.

He asked for it to be changed to 'anything else', so Odwin had a little fun with him. He really needs to be more specific with what username he actually wants.

Whilst I may use this series to pick up titles that have risen in cost down the years and are now hard to find but overall I think this can be setting off a very bad precedent.

I think we will see a glut of rehashed titles,even more so than we have already seen.

Yeah, Capcom might re-release the Cube version of Resi 4 with added Wii controls...

And strangely, when they re-re-release it, it won't have the extra options the Wii-make had. It makes that much sense to them.

Yeah, to me this was a low-point in an otherwise great conference.. I'm not interested in the slightest. I either already own the game, or I wasn't interested in the first place. With a few exceptions.. I don't own Pikmin 2 for example. But even those, I'd rather hunt down the original versions, while I still can. That's not to say I don't think added Wii controls etc. won't be improvements, but not enough for me to really bother, I'll stick with the original versions. Like I have with Zelda Twilight Princess and Resident Evil 4.

An interesting rumour from EGM (scan):

Apparently Lucasarts will be making a compilation of all three Rogue Squadron games for the Wii. With Wii controls and improved graphics.

I wonder if the improved graphics means that we'll be given the N64 Rogue Squadron with the graphics from Rebel Strike. It would also be interesting to see if the games will be integrated (so one level select menu instead of just selecting each game separatel) or if the co-op will be expanded to all three games.

Of course, it's just a rumour for now.

Apparently Lucasarts will be making a compilation of all three Rogue Squadron games for the Wii. With Wii controls and improved graphics.

I wonder if the improved graphics means that we'll be given the N64 Rogue Squadron with the graphics from Rebel Strike. It would also be interesting to see if the games will be integrated (so one level select menu instead of just selecting each game separatel) or if the co-op will be expanded to all three games.

A nice sounding rumour! I loved them games (well apart from the on foot missions off rebel strike). I hope there is some truth in it!

I would think it would be more along the lines of Zelda Collectors edition or sonic mega collection.

Yeah, to me this was a low-point in an otherwise great conference.. I'm not interested in the slightest. I either already own the game, or I wasn't interested in the first place. With a few exceptions.. I don't own Pikmin 2 for example. But even those, I'd rather hunt down the original versions, while I still can. That's not to say I don't think added Wii controls etc. won't be improvements, but not enough for me to really bother, I'll stick with the original versions. Like I have with Zelda Twilight Princess and Resident Evil 4.

Really, if you owned all the GCN versions, there isn't much point in this, but if you only owned one of the games lets say, or perhaps didn't even own a game cube, or perhaps just want to play the games in widescreen, this was a pretty great announcement.

I'd like to see an Eternal Darkness port but with a revised, more intuitive menu system for magick. Pressing minus could bring up the Runes, point and click to cast Magick. Some more Wii inspired sanity effects would be nice too.

If any game deserves a second chance, its Silicon Knights masterpiece.

I hope they improve the controls for the on foot levels from the GCN version, they were rancid!

My Top Five GC to Wii games and how I'd revamp them... (these are all first party or second party developed first party titles). In reverse order as a countdown...

5) Pikmin, sadly I never played this, I don't know why I just never got around to it. Strange as I love RTS games. But imagine this with proper RTS controls that can be perfectly donw with the Wii-mote! Wow. This is a must buy.

4) Battalion Wars, I love this game. Totally loved it. Infact I played it so much and got S ranks on eery single level. How about an online mode, coupled with the improved point and click controls of it's Wii brother. A sure fire hit!

3) Mario Kart Double Dash, a superb and greatly underappreciated racer. Probably the black sheep of the Mario Kart home console family and certainly the one I played the least out of the four... However this was because I no longer was at school or Uni and had limited chance to play multi-player. However imagine this, with the two in the Kart system if it had been online? Superb is what it would have been. I say re-release with a full online mode, keep the option of the pad in there there though - I'm not a fan of the wheel!

2) F-ZERO GX. I don't really need to say much more. It's actually so hard it's one of the few games I struggled to complete and I don't think I actually got everything on it. But it was beautiful and so fast. Just imagine it with online... as I never once played this with a friend :( This would give a pure racing game to balance out the blue shell based irriatations of Mario Kart. A real must have for the 'hardcore gamer' and a massive pull for everyone who loves the time trial and the pure thrill of speed! Give us pad controls on this one too though!

1) Metroid Prime. For me the game of the last generation. Beautiful, deep and enagaging single player, and with the perfect FPS controls of Prime 3 and MOHH2 a sure fire winner. But why not throw in an online mode too... Metroid Prime Hunters Wii edition? This would be an answer to Halo and a sure fire winner. With the Wii having the best next gen control schemesfor FPS games why not give us a landmark game to go online with, full of leaderboards and stats like Mario Kart and built on a franchise we all love. I would KILL to play this!

Anyway, that's my run down, however in all likelihood we'll be getting a bunch of GC games with Wii controls and that's that. NBut if Nintendo actually put a bit of effort into these titles and made them online so we could all experience them with our friends too, I think it would be a dream for the fans and new gamers alike.

I'd like to know what the prices are going to be for these games. I have a large collection of cube games (150+) so for me it's not I'm so interested in these games.

I can however see the interest in these games especially to people who never played these games before and may find it difficult to track down the games in their cube format or people who really don't like playing with the cube controller.

I'd like to see however - Zelda WW (include the missing content - 2 dungeons)

*Sigh*. They weren't "missing", and they weren't cut - they were never finished. They're never coming back because they were never there.

My Top Five GC to Wii games and how I'd revamp them... (these are all first party or second party developed first party titles). In reverse order as a countdown...

5) Pikmin, sadly I never played this, I don't know why I just never got around to it. Strange as I love RTS games. But imagine this with proper RTS controls that can be perfectly donw with the Wii-mote! Wow. This is a must buy.

4) Battalion Wars, I love this game. Totally loved it. Infact I played it so much and got S ranks on eery single level. How about an online mode, coupled with the improved point and click controls of it's Wii brother. A sure fire hit!

3) Mario Kart Double Dash, a superb and greatly underappreciated racer. Probably the black sheep of the Mario Kart home console family and certainly the one I played the least out of the four... However this was because I no longer was at school or Uni and had limited chance to play multi-player. However imagine this, with the two in the Kart system if it had been online? Superb is what it would have been. I say re-release with a full online mode, keep the option of the pad in there there though - I'm not a fan of the wheel!

2) F-ZERO GX. I don't really need to say much more. It's actually so hard it's one of the few games I struggled to complete and I don't think I actually got everything on it. But it was beautiful and so fast. Just imagine it with online... as I never once played this with a friend :( This would give a pure racing game to balance out the blue shell based irriatations of Mario Kart. A real must have for the 'hardcore gamer' and a massive pull for everyone who loves the time trial and the pure thrill of speed! Give us pad controls on this one too though!

1) Metroid Prime. For me the game of the last generation. Beautiful, deep and enagaging single player, and with the perfect FPS controls of Prime 3 and MOHH2 a sure fire winner. But why not throw in an online mode too... Metroid Prime Hunters Wii edition? This would be an answer to Halo and a sure fire winner. With the Wii having the best next gen control schemesfor FPS games why not give us a landmark game to go online with, full of leaderboards and stats like Mario Kart and built on a franchise we all love. I would KILL to play this!

Anyway, that's my run down, however in all likelihood we'll be getting a bunch of GC games with Wii controls and that's that. NBut if Nintendo actually put a bit of effort into these titles and made them online so we could all experience them with our friends too, I think it would be a dream for the fans and new gamers alike.

I actually like Double Dash more than Mario Kart Wii

I actually like Double Dash more than Mario Kart Wii

Double Dash was great fun.. though the problem for me was that I didn't feel there were very many great tracks on it :hmm:

I could list you levels from Super Mario Kart, Mario kart 64, Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart Wii that I love but the same can't be said for what is available on the Gamecube game..

I'd like to know what the prices are going to be for these games. I have a large collection of cube games (150+) so for me it's not I'm so interested in these games.

I can however see the interest in these games especially to people who never played these games before and may find it difficult to track down the games in their cube format or people who really don't like playing with the cube controller.

What was the second missing dungeon? There was the fish one, but I can't remember another one they skipped.

*Sigh*. They weren't "missing", and they weren't cut - they were never finished. They're never coming back because they were never there.
I'd love to see them made. They were obviously meant to be there.

Don't think there's a chance in the world it will happen, but one can hope. Wind Waker with waggle, more dungeons, widescreen, progressive scan (richer colours!) for a €40 price - yes please.