NEurope
Hero-of-Time

"New Play Control" Games!

The original Pikmin plus Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat form the first two titles in the new "Let's Tap" range...

Direct from Nintendo's press conference in Tokyo comes the news of a new range of software for the Wii - although maybe "new" isn't the right word? Nintendo will be re-releasing classic GameCube games, updated with Wii controls.

First up is the original Pikmin and Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat. Whether this range will be launched outside of Japan, we're not entirely sure.

More pressing however is the horrible thought that when Shigeru Miyamoto said that the Pikmin series would be coming to Wii, this is what we meant. Surely not...

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12395

So with this range of games announced, what Cube games would you like to see made available?

I think it goes without saying that Luigis Mansion is a prime candidate for this and what with the Metroid Prime remake rumours from ages ago then I think they are in with a fair shout.

Luigis Mansion would be great. I've been hoping for one for the Wii for a while now.

I'd be more than happy with Pikmin 2. Also missed out on the (apparent) gem that was Jungle Beat, so let's hope WiiMote + Nunchuck can make a suitable subsitute for the bongos.

LOZ: Wind Waker (Motion Plus plz)

THIS!

It would be great to control the wind baton with the wiimote and it would give me an excuse to play through the game again :)

There seems to be abit of confusion, apparently LET'S TAP is a game where as this range of games is called Play on Wii or Enjoy with Wii selection. Just a heads up incase you want to change the article Tom posted.

A mod will have to change the title of the thread aswell.

* points to darksnowman and RedShell :)*

These release's aren't under the banner 'Let's Tap.' This seems to be getting confused on quite a few news sites. The 'Let's Tap' title refers to a title being released by Sega for the Wii, which I believe is the game in the montage where you have to make the woman/girl pose in accordance to the pictures that appear at the bottom. These are getting released as the 'Play on Wii'. Just thought I'd let you know.

These release's aren't under the banner 'Let's Tap.' This seems to be getting confused on quite a few news sites. The 'Let's Tap' title refers to a title being released by Sega for the Wii, which I believe is the game in the montage where you have to make the woman/girl pose in accordance to the pictures that appear at the bottom. These are getting released as the 'Play on Wii'. Just thought I'd let you know.

Read my post above you :) Shadow has already changed the article on the main site.

Resident Evil 4, please. Imagine all those Quick Time Events mapped to waggle, and IR aiming- surely it'd be the definative version of the game.

Just like Square-Enix, don't give away what you can repackage and resell.

Sarcasm aside, Metroid Prime and MP2.

I hope this doesn't mean there will be no Pikmin 3.

Just what I was thinking - this had better not be what the Pikmin team was working on. The only GC game that I can think of wanting to play with Wii controls would be Metroid Prime - one of my favourite games ever. With everything else, even though the new controls would probably be quite neat, they wouldn't be enough for me to shell out on a game I've already completed. To be honest, I'd rather Nintendo spent time on new games.

I wonder how much they are going to charge for these games? If they do get a release over here im hoping they are no more than £20.

I like the idea, but sounds like an excuse to skip development in those franchises.

I like the idea, but sounds like an excuse to skip development in those franchises.

Or a way of opening up the franchises to new Wii gamers before more installments come to the Wii.

DK jungle beat!?!

Haven't Nintendo heard that EVERYONE thinks that replacing the bongos with wiimote controlls is a bad idea?

What games can benefit from the Wiimote? Well, Pikmin's obviously being done, RE4's already being done. The Metroid Prime games could benefit. Most of the Mario Sports games too. I'd rather see the old Mario Sports games remade than getting propper sequels. More new IP's and sequels to more old franchises please.

if they bring out metroid again they should do it as a pack like 2 for the price of one and it should not be expensive

Nintendo have confirmed to N-Europe that the new "Play On Wii" GameCube remake range will also be hitting Europe.

Good news for European fans who have yet to experience the many classic GameCube titles out there, as Nintendo have confirmed that their "Play On Wii" GameCube remake range of Wii titles will be also be heading to Europe.

"The GameCube conversions will be available across Europe too," a spokesperson told N-Europe this morning. "However, it's too early to announce or discuss specific details at this time."

Pikmin and Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat will be the first Play On Wii titles out the gate, and should satisfy those who skipped the GameCube generation and don't want to have to hunt down second-hand controllers, memory cards and games in order to play them on the Wii.

Which classic GameCube titles would you like to see given the 'Wii-make" treatment? Post your thoughts in the comments below...

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12398

Definitely need to see the two Metroid Primes and Luigis Mansion , bound to more that I can think of (and that haven't been already mentioned above :p) later.

Like others , I am also concerned about what this may mean for Pikmin 3. Would be seriously POed if we don't see that franchise continue.

So is this what us 'core' gamers have been left with, whilst Nintendo carry on focusing on the casual market? They're probably hoping that this news will make us pipe down for a while!

Anyways... seeing as the GC was a system where Nintendo were really core focused, and so far atm GC First Party > Wii First Party, I'd like to see...

- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour [Wii-Golf controls]

- Mario Kart: Double Dash!! [bloomed up visuals and Mario Kart Wii controls]

- Zelda: Wind Waker [Wii-mote Sword swinging and Baton]

- Metroid Prime 1 & 2 [MP3 controls]

- Pikimin 1 & 2 [Wii-mote control over Pikmin]

Think there's a chance of non First Party games? afther all, the Players Choice Range has always covered both. So we could get the likes of

- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2 & 3

- Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2

- Geist

- etc...

So is this what us 'core' gamers have been left with, whilst Nintendo carry on focusing on the casual market? They're probably hoping that this news will make us pipe down for a while!

Have you SEEN the other news?

Have you SEEN the other news?
lol, seems I haven't! brb!

EDIT: Oh OK!! Sin & Punishment 2, Punch-Out, Another Code, not too shabby!

- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour [Wii-Golf controls]

- Mario Kart: Double Dash!! [bloomed up visuals and Mario Kart Wii controls]

- Zelda: Wind Waker [Wii-mote Sword swinging and Baton]

- Metroid Prime 1 & 2 [MP3 controls]

- Pikimin 1 & 2 [Wii-mote control over Pikmin]

Like your ideas. I own most gamecube games and I don't think i'd up for replaying them. The ones I probably would are Mario Golf and Tennis, Wind Waker and Pikmin.

Possibly Geist too as I never played that; as long as they iron out the bugs too!

Over all I think this is a great idea. They'll be AMAZING titles for very cheap and a slew of hardcore games.

Saying that this better not be taking away from ANYTHING the studios are making! I'd rather one new Nintendo Wii title then 30 ported Cue ones!