NEurope
Dante

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Echoes of Time

^

- Same graphics?

- Lame Square-Enix support in order to release a game in Q1 2009 for the Wii?

- Nothing else in the pipeline confirmed? (oh yeah, don't forget FFCCCB)

I'm liking the idea of the game, whether you have a wii or DS you can still play with each other online, right? Breaking console boundries, its actually pretty exciting. Not as exciting as playing 360 games with window gamers but still pretty exciting. I'll be buying the DS version.

FF:CC games aren't revolutionary but I think they are actually pretty good, just completed rings of fate a couple of hours ago and even though it wasn't amazing it was still enjoyable to play (7/10) and so was FF:CC on the GC to a certain extent, well especially when you were playing with your friends, such a good laugh :D though we didn't bother to complete it.

Why isn't this a WiiWare game? Oh yeah they wanna release it retail to get more money...

Even with M$ giving square a couple of islands so FF XIII comes out on the 360, nomura most likely has been spending all their money on Sony to make more games with Gackt in it.

I guess Square would like to see themselves make money from a system this gen :heh:

Too bad they ain't going to get the money from me :heh:

Just wondering, why is being able to use your Mii face in-game considered to be a selling point or even good? Reeks of more pointless party-style add ons to series that were previously somewhat less casual.

why is being able to use your Mii face in-game considered to be a selling point or even good?
That and... Why are the DS graphics considered a selling point in a Wii game? Why do they even sell such a thing instead of giving it as a Wiiware download or a free downloadable channel for the Wii in the purchase of this turd?

The answer to all above and a few more... You'll have to ask Nomura-Enix, no one knows and speaking on my behalf, I've already given up on them. Let them be, and show the middle finger to "efforts" such as this.

They're getting my money, it'll most likely be a very good game if it's anything like the last one and I'll get it for the DS, which most people are ignoring, thinking only it's a Wii game.

Just wondering, why is being able to use your Mii face in-game considered to be a selling point or even good? Reeks of more pointless party-style add ons to series that were previously somewhat less casual.

It's not a selling point, but it's not a bad thing, you aren't forced to use it and it's nice to see your "face" in the game.

They're getting my money, it'll most likely be a very good game if it's anything like the last one and I'll get it for the DS, which most people are ignoring, thinking only it's a Wii game.
No one's bashing the DS version, but all the Wii bash is deserved, earned and well, it's them that created it. If anything because this is the only currently announced Square-Enix Wii game besides that one that has been missing for a year and a half already.

The only Square-Enix announced game and a joke at that. Reeks of "we have no games let's shovel them" and this is it. Meanwhile they waste rivers of money on anything but putting PSP games running on PS3 without improvements, that's for sure (and much more expensive at that); in fact I'm sure Nomura himself would throw a fit if that ever happened.

You might find this intesting pedrocasilva.

Sqaure-Enix shipped units from April 1 to September 30 (Q1+Q2)

xdtm4m.jpg

You might find this intesting pedrocasilva.

Sqaure-Enix shipped units from April 1 to September 30 (Q1+Q2)

Had already seen it.

No market push whatsoever was done for such titles; not to mention those figures don't show full figures due to the time these games took to be located for diferent territories, something Infinite Undiscovery didn't go through for instance, thus having the full figures between April and September.

Full figures:

bja2ck.jpg

I'd say Dragon Quest Swords sold through the roof for what it is, a half assed, outsourced spin-off who had no marketing. it's trumping a high budget moneyhatted square-enix X360 mass-advertised game for instance and by far. Hell, it's tied with Blue Dragon and almost trumping Lost Odyssey. A freaking on-rails spin-off did that; these guys have to be maniacs with their current support, it's not explainable, it's bullocks it's idiotic.

And chocobo... chocobo sold pretty well considering it is a mysterious dungeon (rogue-like, random generated), outsourced (yes, it was) and a spin-off at that. (Final Fantasy Fables? LOL) Shiren 3 has got to be better and it's bound to sell less; hell, I'd say for sure than Shiren DS (DS=88 million userbase) sold worse than this mysterious dungeon with a tackled on chocobo (and outside japan, tackled on "Final Fantasy" prefix in the title)

We ain't their cash-cow, not without effort; besides the fact that give that projects with 10 times the budget sell worse, we must be their cash cow already.

EDIT: Just noticed, they wrote DRAFON QUEST SWORDS

It's not a selling point, but it's not a bad thing, you aren't forced to use it and it's nice to see your "face" in the game.

I must be the only one that doesn't really think Miis are that good. You can make a face look vaguely like your own...hmm. I understand that they are by no means forced but it seems like with some games the fact you can use them seems to be a 'big feature'. I wish Nintendo would focus on great game content rather than party-like trivial customisations.

I must be the only one that doesn't really think Miis are that good. You can make a face look vaguely like your own...hmm. I understand that they are by no means forced but it seems like with some games the fact you can use them seems to be a 'big feature'. I wish Nintendo would focus on great game content rather than party-like trivial customisations.

I don't see what Nintendo has to do with this and how they haven't focused on game content. It's not a big feature, but it's nice and fun. For example watching Miis in the mall in Mario Kart is hilarious. Not a deal breaker and not a deal sealer.

I have mixed feelinsg on this, multi-system online play, online rpg for the Wii, but DS graphics at full retail. So much right, so much wrong.

The picture shown here before was clearly a DS game, it even had the two screens attached to each other...

new scans

051pn3.th.jpgthpix.gif 052xx5.th.jpgthpix.gif 053er8.th.jpgthpix.gif

054dt5.th.jpgthpix.gif

Edit: Imagehost autosize the images to smaller size, so right click open image to see the images in the normal sizes.

Square Enix has released a new video of Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Echoes of Time for the Nintendo DS and Wii scheduled for January 29 in Japan.

Famitsu review in:

- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Wii: 8/7/7/7, 29 points; DS: 8/7/7/8, 30 points) : “A very simple, straight-on follow-up to the last game. The balance and tempo ensures things never drag on much. There are niggles, but it’s simply a lot of fun. The game’s difficulty changes with the number of players, making things a bit difficult in single-player. It depends on the environment, but both the DS and Wii versions have heavy lag. A shame. There really isn’t much benefit to playing the Wii version. I would’ve at least liked to see the graphical quality bumped up to Wii standards.â€