NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

Any idea if this is a replacement for the DS lite or if it's going to be sold alongside it?

Any idea if this is a replacement for the DS lite or if it's going to be sold alongside it?
Apparently it'll be sold alongside the DS Lite, for those that still want GBA functionality.

While watching the translated version of the conference yesterday, every time the translator said "DSi" I kept being reminded of Ali G going "aye!" :heh:

They shoud so get him to advertise this thing...

"Yo check out dis wicked new gadget, da DSaye!!" :laughing:

Apparently it'll be sold alongside the DS Lite, for those that still want GBA functionality.

Hmmmmm. . . . so will it come in at the same price as the DS is at present, with the DS falling in price, or will it be £20 or so more expensive?

Don't expect anyone to be able to answer this.

I was going to trade in my kid's old DSs for lites, but now have the dilema - trade in now, or wait and see how the pricing works out and either still get them DSs, but at a cheaper price (although the trade-in value of the orig DSs may fall), or go all out for the DSis.

Whatever, I'll still be getting a DSi for myself and will keep my DS lite for the GBA compatibility - I can't give up my Warioware Twisted!

The console looks great but something that was bothering me...why does it only had .3 megapixel camera...

I mean surely that's nothing at all!

The console looks great but something that was bothering me...why does it only had .3 megapixel camera...

I mean surely that's nothing at all!

Yeah the outer camera is 3 megapixels, whereas the one on the inside is 0.3. This is probably due to how low the DS's resolution is, you won't even notice it. :)

While watching the translated version of the conference yesterday, every time the translator said "DSi" I kept being reminded of Ali G going "aye!" :heh:

They shoud so get him to advertise this thing...

"Yo check out dis wicked new gadget, da DSaye!!" :laughing:

Haha:bowdown:

Thats genius : peace:

Speaking of colours, I wonder why there isn't a pink one. Personally, I'd go for black, but I think the pink lite was really popular.

I bet they do bring one out eventually, they'd hope the girlys go for white and then release the pink to tempt them into getting that!

I can't wait for this to come out, the camera being 3 mega pixel is fine for me, that's all my camera is at the mo anyway! - I like the idea of having the sd slot and getting games through that, the music tho I'm not won over by yet, I like having a seperate player too much.

Only camera I have is on my phone which is 1.3MP. Would be cool if you could take pictures when the DS is closed, like there's a camera button which puts it on the mode or something instead of turning on, opening, going in camera.

Well my phone has a 5MP camera but still, 3 is pretty good. I didn't realise it had a camera on the inside and one on the outside. good stuff.

I think 3MP is more then enough, it is for me aswell, i think i'm defiantly gonna buy this, probably not on launch though

I'm guessing nintendo thought 'Oh cameras, i - eye. Yeah we're awesome'.

Everyone else just tries to throw it in so people think omg ipod, this also has an i in it.

This looks awesome though. I want a silver one.

Doesn't i stand for interactive?

if i import the dsi will there be a english language option because on the ds lite there is a japanise language option.

I seriously think Nintendo are conning us now. I really don't know how anyone can say the console looks great it looks the bloody same. I for one will not be buying this if I want to listen to music on my DS i'll use my R4

Well this DS looks great!! So different to the last one, it will be awesome to listen to music on it!

Seriously though, it looks decent enough. Seeing as I have a DS Phat, I would consider buying this if they are priced lowly enough. Doubt it though. On the plus side, the Lite may get a price drop because of this. If it drops to say, £60, I think I would get one. Though that seems unlikely, I can hope =P

I'm going to guess that the price point will be £120. Not too bad given the technology - on the other hand they could probably afford to sell it at £100 and drop the price of the Lite by £20. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this next year, DSWare sounds incredibly promising.

I'm going to guess that the price point will be £120. Not too bad given the technology - on the other hand they could probably afford to sell it at £100 and drop the price of the Lite by £20. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this next year, DSWare sounds incredibly promising.

Lets hope Nintendo actually use the thing, unlike WiiWare :shakehead

Lets hope Nintendo actually use the thing, unlike WiiWare :shakehead

Well, there's the interesting thing. Brain Training and More Brain Training have been announced as flagship titles for the service - full games, available to download straight onto an SD card. This means no porting or fiddling about with a game to make it suitable for a service, Nintendo and third parties could just stick their games straight on there for a much cheaper price if they're not doing well at retail. Games like Castlevania and Kirby, which are nigh impossible to find for a reasonable price in new condition, could become much easier and cheaper to find and play. They could also release stuff like Chibi-Robo DS over it if they don't want to risk it at retail.

Also, Game & Watch Collections, Tingle's Balloon Fight and Exclaimation Warriors, anyone? ;)

I'm expecting it to be around £100 like the DSlite just now, the price in Japan equates to that amount, but lets see if they'll just end up blowing the price up :heh:

Also, Game & Watch Collections, Tingle's Balloon Fight and Exclaimation Warriors, anyone? ;)

Yes, please :P