NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

Nintendo confirm DS price cuts for the UK

Wednesday 2-Jun-2010 1:08 PM DSi and DS Lite handhelds affected

Nintendo has told ONM that the price of DS Lite and DSi has been cut across Europe.

"I can confirm that we have reduced the European trade price of Nintendo DS Lite and Nintendo DSi in Europe," a Nintendo spokesperson told us.

However, Nintendo has yet to confirm how much they will be reducing the price by. In the past, the company has left it up to individual retailers to decide the pricing of their consoles and it's the same deal this time. "The ultimate price to consumers is, of course, determined by the retailers," said the spokesperson.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=17543

I've heard about changes to RRPs for them but whether they will actually change will be up to the retailers I think.

7-Eleven in Japan sells everything you could need: food, clothes, personal hygiene products, DVDs, and video games. You can even do all your personal banking there. However, on October 28th, the convenience store will be the only place to get Nintendo’s new DSi model, made to commemorate the 25th anniversary of what might still be the company's most popular game ever, Super Mario Bros.

The new model is red like the original Famicom (called NES elsewhere). A tiny 8-bit Mario jumps over the unit’s camera on the top side, while the official 25th anniversary logo sits on the bottom, along with the cast of characters from the quarter-century old game; from Bullet Bill to Bowser (similarly to the box, shown below). The unit will sell for 14,800 yen (about $160 or £112) and will be available to pre-order until the 26th.

Source - Gamesradar.com

mario_02_1001--article_image.jpg

mario_01--article_image.jpg

DO WANT!!!

GAME have started processing my order for the Anniversary DSi XL, very excited, even though I have a DSi.

HNI_0014.JPG

Not a very good photo mind. Looks really nice, totally worth buying. Didn't realize it was black on the bottom though.

Just been reading about Zombie Daisuke (Loveable Zombie) on Siliconera and tinycartridge who describes it as a portable Little Kings Story or Pikmin type game. Sounds and looks pretty cool but is one of those titles we will be lucky to see get a release in the USA, nevermind over here. There are a couple of videos to check out through those links so hop to it.

I finally caught them all!

That is, The Castlevania games for the DS.

After finishing Order of Ecclesia and Portrait of Ruin, and paying a little hommage to the Sorrow story by playing Aria of Sorrow first, I can now finally start playing DAWN OF SORROW.

The package came this mornin' :D

Couldn't believe my eyes when this came up during Iwata's keynote at GDC yesterday:

tcgdc.jpg

*sigh* :indeed:

Nintendo, why must you torment me like this!? :cry:

What is in your guys opinion is the best DS game ever?

To those who say mario cart, it took 2 hours to complete i was a tad disappointed by that!

- Henry Hatsworth

- Pokemon (Diamond and Pearl, not played enough BW yet)

- Advance Wars Dual Strike

You liked dual strike? I loved the previous ones but this one was just a little too unplayable, if you made the slightest error you can't win!

But thank you for your addition (lameo)

Whats hatsworth?

You liked dual strike? I loved the previous ones but this one was just a little too unplayable, if you made the slightest error you can't win!

Quit being a pussy and making errors then. :p (I actually know what you mean, but the more power ups you unlocked the more options and thus easier) fucking masterpiece game IMO.

Whats hatsworth?

HUH?

What is in your guys opinion is the best DS game ever?

To those who say mario cart, it took 2 hours to complete i was a tad disappointed by that!

Mario Kart DS is maybe the best MK of the lot. You really think its that straight forward to do everything? ::shrug:

Are you looking for recommendations or just curious? A couple of my top DS games are:

Nintendogs

Animal Crossing

Etrian Odyssey

Shiren the Wanderer

Chrono Trigger DS

Henry Hatsworth

Dragon Quest IX (even though I've not played it in a couple of days...!)

Nintendogs and Animal Crossing set standard for what the DS is all about, feeding my addiction for the console early on when it still semi-relied on the GBA slot. Then the onslaught of RPGs came. :grin:

I agree with what you say about Dual Strike. The final missions are deadly because, like you say, one wrong move and its over. Its my first Advance Wars experience and I found it super easy until near the end where the difficulty went right up.

This is a good resource if you are looking to catch up with some games or want a stroll down memory lane: http://www.1up.com/features/departing-salute-memorial-nintendo-ds

My three picks are:

* Zelda: Spirit Tracks

* Dragon Quest IX

* Shantae: Risky's Revenge

Three different genres there and, overall, the best of their types.

Mario Kart DS is maybe the best MK of the lot. You really think its that straight forward to do everything? ::shrug:

Are you looking for recommendations or just curious? A couple of my top DS games are:

Nintendogs

Animal Crossing

Etrian Odyssey

Shiren the Wanderer

Chrono Trigger DS

Henry Hatsworth

Dragon Quest IX (even though I've not played it in a couple of days...!)

This is a good resource if you are looking to catch up with some games or want a stroll down memory lane: http://www.1up.com/features/departing-salute-memorial-nintendo-ds

Well, the easiest one was, granted now its been 20 hours and i've nearly got a star in all of them including the missions, which were pretty hard.

I was looking for recommendations really. I may look into this Hatsworth

My Games:

All Pheonix Wright Games (including Apollo)

Super Scribblenauts

Pokemon Platinum

Advanced wars

MKDS

Final Fantasy 3

Chrono Trigger

Mario 64

LoZ the boating one

Have you played the Miles Edgeworth game? Because I enjoyed that more than Apollo Justice. Ghost Trick is also excellent, and was created by the man behind Phoenix Wright. If you want something darker and more serious, 999 is great, though it doesn't look like it's going to get a PAL release.

Advanced wars

I know you said you didn't like Dual Strike, but have you played Dark Conflict? I thought it was a lot more fair than Dual Strike (no more dual strikes, for one thing!) and having so many new units and characters made the game feel fresh.

Final Fantasy 3

Chrono Trigger

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story? Not as serious as Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger, but a great game nonetheless. Probably my favorite in the series (don't bother with Partners in Time).

LoZ the boating one

You should play LoZ the training one, too. It's pretty similar to Phantom Hourglass, but does away with 'that one dungeon'.

Other than that, I agree that Henry Hatsworth is a great game (though a bit difficult), and while I haven't played it (I'm stuck with a DS Lite), I'm sure Shantae: Risky's Revenge is excellent based on how great the first game was. Or if you like music games, Elite Beat Agents is a lot of fun, as are its Japanese counterparts.

Well, the easiest one was, granted now its been 20 hours and i've nearly got a star in all of them including the missions, which were pretty hard.

I was looking for recommendations really. I may look into this Hatsworth

My Games:

Super Scribblenauts

Pokemon Platinum

Advanced wars

MKDS

Final Fantasy 3

Chrono Trigger

Mario 64

LoZ the boating one

Nine games? ORLY.