NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

Nintendo will announce a successor to the DS later this year” says EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich and here is what he has to say about this affirmation. In his opinion, due to a decline in publisher support, piracy, possibility of new competitors in 2011 and the aging technology, Nintendo will launch a successor of the DS within 15 months and the company will announce this in the next eight months. Nintendo had a great strategy, passing from the GBA to the DS, a year earlier than anticipated, removing opportunity gaps for competitors to enter, in this case the aces that Sony had in its sleeve.

Another interesting thing that Jesse Divnich talked about is that piracy is still a problem but not only for Nintento, but for all its competitors. A great surprise was that the release of the DSi has slowed down piracy but we are afraid that’s just a matter of time before hackers manage to bypass the new security systems. Besides this, other companies like Capcom, Ubisoft and Sega said “ they may be reducing their exposure to Nintendo’s consoles, which will likely lead to heavy declines in both hardware and software sales for the Nintendo DS”.

The only features we know about the new DS release are what Nintendo’s president Satoru Iwata announced: “It will have highly detailed graphics, and it will be necessary to have a sensor with the ability to read the movements of people playing,” Last year in October, the biggest rumor was that Nvidia had been lined up to supply a “Tegra system-on-chip processor”for the successor to the DS and that the new device will launch in late 2010.

http://www.softsailor.com/news/16063-nintendo-will-announce-a-successor-to-the-ds-later-this-year-says-eedar-analyst-jesse-divnich.html

I.E. someone who doesn't know.

The DS XL isnt out yet and the DS still have more life in it if keep selling millions a month in US etc. DS is near to PS2 sales with sales like this; hardware: 142.26m and software: 688.29m.

I dont need the Nintendo DSi XL becuse I got a Nintendo DSi and if Nintendo does not bring out a new handheld then sony will bring out psp2 first.

I've been playing on my DSi quite a bit recently so I decided to invest in some headphones. I picked up these badboys and they are fantastic! They are out of stock at the moment but I highly recommend picking them up if you get the chance.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Officially-Licensed-Headphones-Nintendo/dp/B00171NQ7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1267300332&sr=8-1

They look pretty damn sexy! Unfortunately, they seem to have been discontinued, according to the product details.

They look pretty damn sexy! Unfortunately, they seem to have been discontinued, according to the product details.

Thats a shame. :( I guess I got the last ones they had!

Does anyone know how quick Nintendo's repair service is? I'm sending my DSi off as the shoulder buttons have stopped working.

Weak as I am, I bought a DS XL after I tried one in the store. While it's in no way essential. the screens are really rather big! In certain games, like Zelda of Mario Kart, this does make a noticable difference. Once you get used to it, it's rather hard to go back.

Picked up a DSI yesterday, wasn't going to get one but the bloody hinge on my lite snapped the end of last week which pissed me off, so I thought I might as well, I like it, it's diffrent, the wifi is doing my head in though, doesn't recognize the WPA-2 wireless the home PC is giving off (though my laptop does) we don't have a wireless router yet, so I had to try the nintendo usb out worked.

Anyway to the question, are there any good DSIware games out there on the shop? I saw the Warioware but I thoguht it was the wario ware DIY that was on the shop didn't know they brought it out as a proper game, but yeah are there any good games on the shop i can look at?

So my girlfriends wants a DS, looks like im paying lol, theirs a load of games i wanna play anyhow

Heres me question,

DS lite or DSi? Im not willin to splash on an XL

and decent games?

One last thing, can the DSi use the R4?

3D DSi game Rittai Kakushi e Attakored

I read on kotaku that their releasing that over here pretty soon

I don't know but I might guess the DSi can't play R4, due to it wipes non official games and doesn't play them. BUT thats just speculation. Google should tell you for sure. :p

DSi > DS Lite though.

Anyway to the question, are there any good DSIware games out there on the shop? I saw the Warioware but I thoguht it was the wario ware DIY that was on the shop didn't know they brought it out as a proper game, but yeah are there any good games on the shop i can look at?

I'm not entirely sure whats hot on DSiWare. I wouldn't bother with Dragon Quest Wars as its such a limited game- it needs a fleshed out sequel on DS or DSiWare. I've been meaning to check out Mighty Flip Champs and Dark Void Zero looks to be solid enough. Don't overlook Photo Dojo. :grin:

DS lite or DSi? Im not willin to splash on an XL

and decent games?

Go for the DSi. The DS has buckets of top quality games so it depends on your personal taste. For some ideas you should check out this thread where people have been posting their top ten DS games. :)

I am still waiting for fucking australia to bring out the fucking red DSi you guys can get one >_<

and I still have yet to know the answer of if I imported a eruope DSi would it it just be like buying an Australian copy >_>

and decent games?

Earthworm Jim. Easily teh best game on DSIWare.

I'm not entirely sure whats hot on DSiWare. I wouldn't bother with Dragon Quest Wars as its such a limited game- it needs a fleshed out sequel on DS or DSiWare. I've been meaning to check out Mighty Flip Champs and Dark Void Zero looks to be solid enough. Don't overlook Photo Dojo. :grin:

I was looking at Dojo, for 200 it's not a bad look at but I didn't get it yet, though I did get Picopict (think that was the name of it) and Rayman, still hard as hell and I like it =D Got some points left, might hold out see if anything pops out.

Just can't bloody look all the time, the USB connector sucks, every time I want to connect I've got to uninstal it and install it again annoying as hell =/

Quick DSi XL question: I noticed that the bottom-right part of the case is sort of loose around around the start/select button, if you put pressure on it, it caves in like it's not resting on something properly. Is this normal or not?

I found a used copy of Moon the other day for less than $10. While I'm feeling somewhat bad for buying the game used, I don't actually remember seeing it in any stores new when it came out. Either way, judging by the sales figures, it might just be the rarest game in my collection at this point.