NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

Is it loads bigger then? I thought it was just the screens that were bigger...

Im tempted to trade in my DSi for it...quite like the idea of the bigger screens.

Any negatives? Do games look better on it?

Is it loads bigger then? I thought it was just the screens that were bigger...

Im tempted to trade in my DSi for it...quite like the idea of the bigger screens.

Any negatives? Do games look better on it?

Remember Dazzy that the DSi is much like the Wii so if you have downloaded any DSiWare games they are locked to that handheld and can't be transfered to the DSi XL.

Yes Nintendo you are morons.

It is a lot bigger, especially in terms of the screens. It makes games like Zelda much more cinematic, and allows for a bit more precision since on-screen 'targets' (I'm thinking stuff like grids in Picross) are slightly inflated (though not too noticeably - it doesn't make things look stretched).

I don't think there would be a way to keep your DSiWare games unless you were to keep your DSi, and send it off, along with your DSi XL, with specific instructions for Nintendo to transfer the data across. I don't even know if this is possible. Yeah, stupid move from Nintendo. I hope they find a way to at least transfer these purchases across to the next generation of handhelds and consoles over the next couple of years...

I don't think there would be a way to keep your DSiWare games unless you were to keep your DSi, and send it off, along with your DSi XL, with specific instructions for Nintendo to transfer the data across. I don't even know if this is possible. Yeah, stupid move from Nintendo. I hope they find a way to at least transfer these purchases across to the next generation of handhelds and consoles over the next couple of years...

Its something im quite worried about to be honest. When it comes to the online side of gaming Nintendo is always miles behind the competition and something like this should have been thought about well in advance, especially when it comes to the DS considering the different models they keep bringing out.

Has anyone else had problems with their DSi's shoulder buttons? Mine seem to have stopped working.

Edit: They randomly work about 5-10% of the time, though.

Has anyone else had problems with their DSi's shoulder buttons? Mine seem to have stopped working.

Edit: They randomly work about 5-10% of the time, though.

I know someone who has had a problem with theirs, they live in America too so it's probably not an isolated case but a design flaw that affects a certain number of them, I've yet to have any problems with mine anyway.

My only problem is that there isn't enough decent downloadable DSi-ware, the only thing I bothered with was Flipnote Studio and only then because it was free... sure there are a few other decent things on there like Bomberman but nothing that has really 'grabbed' me enough to spend any of the 1000 points that I got with the system.

Edited by S.C.G

Yeah, SCG, I agree. I don't doubt that there is some quality stuff on there but personally, nothing has really grabbed me as being a must buy. I got Flipnote and then checked out DQ: Wars but thats it. DQ: Wars needs a full fledged sequel because whats available right now is nothing more than a tutorial and a play your own battle mode. No story to work through.

New Pokemon DS Game Announced

New original Pokemon RPG from GameFreak is under developed for DS now

the game is planned to be released within this year

and there is only an announcement for the new Pokemon

no official name (subtitle) or other details yet

Yes, the title says (roughly) "Pocket Monsters - totally new series in development, 2010 release later this year."

What does it mean Gen 5?

Generation 1 (Game Boy): Red/Blue/Green/Yellow

Generation 2 (Game Boy Color): Gold/Silver/Crystal

Generation 3 (Game Boy Advance): Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green

Generation 4 (Nintendo DS): Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Generation 5 (Nintendo DS/possibly DSi-enhanced?): ???

Generation 1 (Game Boy): Red/Blue/Green/Yellow

Generation 2 (Game Boy Color): Gold/Silver/Crystal

Generation 3 (Game Boy Advance): Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green

Generation 4 (Nintendo DS): Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Generation 5 (Nintendo DS/possibly DSi-enhanced?): ???

I thought new Generation Pokemon game have new Generation Handhelds?

Could it be a DSi onley game?

I'm sure it won't be DSi only. Interesting to see another on the DS! Very happy about that. :D

I'm sure it won't be DSi only. Interesting to see another on the DS! Very happy about that. :D

Yeah but what is happening about the Nintendo DS2?

Yeah but what is happening about the Nintendo DS2?

I made a bold claim recently that it will be at least a year before we even see/hear first confirmed details about it.

I made a bold claim recently that it will be at least a year before we even see/hear first confirmed details about it.

Yeah but Nintedo DS2 will be announced at E3 and Japn get it in 2010 and everywhere else get it 2011.

Yeah but Nintedo DS2 will be announced at E3 and Japn get it in 2010 and everywhere else get it 2011.

No I'd guarantee thats not gonna happen (Japan in 2010) and we won't see it at E3.

No I'd guarantee thats not gonna happen (Japan in 2010) and we won't see it at E3.

They have to announce it before it comes out in Japan.

Yeah they do and I don't think it will come out in Japan until 2011 at the absolute earliest.

Post of the week lol...

Seriously though... don't be surprised if we hear nothing about a successor to the DS until mid 2011 at the earliest.

Nintendo will announce a successor to the DS later this year” says EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich and here is what he has to say about this affirmation. In his opinion, due to a decline in publisher support, piracy, possibility of new competitors in 2011 and the aging technology, Nintendo will launch a successor of the DS within 15 months and the company will announce this in the next eight months. Nintendo had a great strategy, passing from the GBA to the DS, a year earlier than anticipated, removing opportunity gaps for competitors to enter, in this case the aces that Sony had in its sleeve.

Another interesting thing that Jesse Divnich talked about is that piracy is still a problem but not only for Nintento, but for all its competitors. A great surprise was that the release of the DSi has slowed down piracy but we are afraid that’s just a matter of time before hackers manage to bypass the new security systems. Besides this, other companies like Capcom, Ubisoft and Sega said “ they may be reducing their exposure to Nintendo’s consoles, which will likely lead to heavy declines in both hardware and software sales for the Nintendo DS”.

The only features we know about the new DS release are what Nintendo’s president Satoru Iwata announced: “It will have highly detailed graphics, and it will be necessary to have a sensor with the ability to read the movements of people playing,” Last year in October, the biggest rumor was that Nvidia had been lined up to supply a “Tegra system-on-chip processor”for the successor to the DS and that the new device will launch in late 2010.

http://www.softsailor.com/news/16063-nintendo-will-announce-a-successor-to-the-ds-later-this-year-says-eedar-analyst-jesse-divnich.html