NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

If you simply press the off button quickly it'll return to the DSi Menu. You have to hold it to turn it off

Im quite proud of myself. I went into town this morning and there were plenty on DSi machines still on the shelves and I managed to resist. :)

Im quite proud of myself. I went into town this morning and there were plenty on DSi machines still on the shelves and I managed to resist. :)

I'm disgusted in you. :heh:

Just went into town on the off chance that I might be able to pick one up and Gamestation had loads in stock!

They're doing some good bundles too. I got a white DSi, Carnival Funfair Games and GTA Chinatown Wars for £154.99! Apparently they're selling any new DS game for a fiver when bought with a DSi, doubt you'll see a better deal!

Oh yeah and I'm posting this from the little beauty, lovin it!

Want it.

I'm gonna hit up the town later. Gamblin and DSi buy. Gonna happen.

Edited by Retro_Link

i all, has anyone noticed a slight bit of lag on the blacks? when moving fast, noticed it on the web browser and yoshi story 2?maby the screen needs a little while to settle /bed in anyway im writing this using the web browser

I managed to resist.

Well, guess I'm a sucker, 'cause I couldn't. :heh:

Anyway, it's not a great leap from the Lite, but it's mighty nice! The cameras and the lenses are of a far better quality I had experted, and the DSi-store is very nice. Downloaded Wario Ware Snapped thanks to the free 1000 point. Nintendo and free? What's next? Cats and dogs living together?

It's without any doubt the definitive DS outthere. I've been having loads of fun just with what comes installed.

Hi guys, can some other DSi owners help me out? My left hinge is a bit loose. If I push the left side of the front of the DSi up it clicks up by like a millimeter, and clicks back down if pushed down. It's far from broke, and I'd rather it be loose than overtightened, but I just want to know if this is normal.

Any good free programs to rip/convert music into a DSI compatible file?

I tried a couple yesterday but when they got converted I got a message saying that the DSi coudn't find any compatible files.

Anyone else having issues with the date and time setting?

I could set it fine before but then needed an update when I tried to use the dsware.

I now can not set the time and date right anymore; anything else gets saved fine (username, color; country; ect:)

did the update screw it or is my system screwed?

I mean.....the fact that it has exclusive games practically makes it the DS2. Or the DSN64Expansion Pak.

I think a great term for it would be the "DSiToy", since it's basically a DS combined with an Eyetoy. It's not justifying an extra £50 on top of technology that is a good few years old already, to be brutally honest.

The downloadable games features is a nice addition, but going by WiiWare it probably won't have anything extroadinary. Just little games that give you short bursts of fun here and there. No Chrono Triggers, Mario Karts or Zeldas (full games).

Edited by Sheikah

They're doing some good bundles too. I got a white DSi, Carnival Funfair Games and GTA Chinatown Wars for £154.99! Apparently they're selling any new DS game for a fiver when bought with a DSi, doubt you'll see a better deal!

WTF??? I had to pay £169.99 for it with GTA and then £24.99 for Chrono trigger..... can you post an image of your reciept so i can take it in and get some money back?

Oh and i couldnt resist buying it ReZ (obviously).

FYI:

The DSi supports AAC formatted music. But not .AAC files. Only .m4a or .mp4.

Loving the system so far, the DSiWare games are all great (bar WarioWare, unfortunately). The family has had a ton of fun with the camera's editing tools. (More in-depth impressions later, I think I'll be doing the hardware review.)

Reggie's just given a statement on a Virtual Console for the DSi:

The concept of Virtual Console on DSi is not something that we’ve talked about, nothing that we’ve commented on. I know it’s something many of your readers would like to see, but it’s not something that we’ve talked about.

Bullshit. Two years of R&D and alongside the development of DSiWare and following the release of the Wii and the Virtual Console, at no point have they discussed bringing downloadable Game Boy games to the DSi?

Reggie: "A lot of people on the internet think a Virtual Console for the DSi would be a good idea."

Iwata: *replays video of Reggie's Wii Fit weigh-in at E3 2007*

Reggie: "WHY MUST YOU DO SUCH HURTFUL THINGS TO ME?!" *runs away crying*

Iwata: (laughs)

Edited by Tellyn

Reggie's just given a statement on a Virtual Console for the DSi:

So no GBA at all then? Say what you will, but there's just so many good games for GBA to make the Lite a keeper.

Hi guys, can some other DSi owners help me out? My left hinge is a bit loose. If I push the left side of the front of the DSi up it clicks up by like a millimeter, and clicks back down if pushed down. It's far from broke, and I'd rather it be loose than overtightened, but I just want to know if this is normal.

The left hinge of mine is also a bit looser than the right: it makes the clicking noise and shifts up about half a millimetre, if that. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The downloadable games features is a nice addition, but going by WiiWare it probably won't have anything extroadinary. Just little games that give you short bursts of fun here and there. No Chrono Triggers, Mario Karts or Zeldas (full games).

Well... yeah, that's kind of the point. You have a lot of burst gaming at your fingertips wherever you go and you can carry a more substantial title in the card slot; sounds like a device designed around portable gaming to me.

That said it would be cool if you could rip retail releases to an SDHC card so you could carry an entire library on you at all times, but that will never, ever happen as it would be a really stupid move on Nintendo's part.

That said it would be cool if you could rip retail releases to an SDHC card so you could carry an entire library on you at all times, but that will never, ever happen as it would be a really stupid move on Nintendo's part.

Heavens no, Nintendo wouldn't dare do something to combat what piracy already provides. :P

They're too stupid.

The left hinge of mine is also a bit looser than the right: it makes the clicking noise and shifts up about half a millimetre, if that. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Well... yeah, that's kind of the point. You have a lot of burst gaming at your fingertips wherever you go and you can carry a more substantial title in the card slot; sounds like a device designed around portable gaming to me.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I appreciate it.

I ask weird questions, I know, but I'm also curious about this; on the Lite, when you open it and the top half clicks into the default playing position, it does literally click, you feel it and hear it. On my DSi it just smoothly (kind of) goes into place, and when in this position the top half is a tad wobbly and loose.

Petty things I know, I just find solace in knowing my DSi is normal. Thankyou for any further feedback.

Edited by Gavin Rozee

Any good free programs to rip/convert music into a DSI compatible file?
A friend of mine just used itunes to do it and it was successful
Yeah I used iTunes too, works like a charm. Plus you can just set-up a batch conversion of all your MP3s with a few clicks and then leave it to it. The .m4a format is also pretty sweet as the quality remains the same (supposedly even better if you're converting from an uncompressed source) but the file sizes are smaller. icon14.gif

the DSiWare games are all great (bar WarioWare, unfortunately).
It just needed to be like 10 times longer, (only 4 characters/20 mini-games is stingy as hell for 500 points) as it stands it's more of a tech demo than an actual game. :sad:

Still, it is responsible for the best footage of Satoru Iwata, ever :heh:...

Dangerous playing it with glasses on though, especially the dog shake game. That could have gone horribly wrong! :laughing:

If Nintendo is really committed to reaching a broader, more diverse audience of gamers beyond the “kids†market that they’ve always engaged, there isn’t much new with the DSi to support that. Significant gamer demographic groups are being ignored, and there continues to be limited opportunities for games from external publishers to do well on the DSi. Compare that with the PSP platform, where we have many blockbuster franchises from our publishing partners launching this year, representing a wide variety of genres and targeting diverse demographics. Games such as Rock Band Unplugged from MTV Games, Assassin’s Creed from Ubisoft, Dissidia Final Fantasy from Square Enix, and Hannah Montana from Disney demonstrate the commitment that publishers have to the PSP. From our own first-party studios, we’re launching unique versions of LittleBigPlanet and MotorStorm, and we’re also planning a steady stream of downloadable games — both new titles and PSone classics — to add to the content that PSP owners can already purchase wirelessly through PlayStation Store. - SCEA director of hardware marketing John Koller

I dont agree with most of what they said but I do agree that Sony are really pushing the PSP this year with their announced 1st party titles and apparently more are to come. I would like Nintendo to follow suit and get their fingers out when it comes to some 1st party DS/DSi support. I would love another NSMB game.

Yeah, we're a mature handheld company so buy our Hannah Montana games...