NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

I've quickly created a bundle and put my DS Lite on ebay today as well! Probably gonna be a influx in the next week or so! Hopefully get near £100 and only have to find £50 for April.

Hmmm, £150 is a LOT of money....at the minute I think no way am I paying that for something that doesn't add much. But then I know that the closer it gets I'm certainly going to buy it, so by that thinking, I should just preorder it now.

My only worry is the bundles. Surely shops will be doing some good bundles, or do you think it will sell that well, they won't need to?!?!

Hmmm, £150 is a LOT of money....at the minute I think no way am I paying that for something that doesn't add much. But then I know that the closer it gets I'm certainly going to buy it, so by that thinking, I should just preorder it now.

My only worry is the bundles. Surely shops will be doing some good bundles, or do you think it will sell that well, they won't need to?!?!

It is alot of money, definately would not have preordered one if A) I didn't have stuff to sell i no longer need B) It didn't add more unique games from DSiWare, including that fun looking WarioWare title which uses the camera etc..and of course future Nintendo games which will use it!

I hoped for £129.99 but wasn't to be...

Gonna go pre-order mine aswell. I was worried places would have crappy bundles tacked on. Though if the DSi stays this pricey, I might cancel and import it which came to £120 I think.

I'm not sure if I should preorder online or instore. How easy are returns to GAME online?

As far as i'm aware, you can order it online from GAME and if you don't want it, return it to your local store with your invoice/recepit.

I'm expecting the price to go down before launch aswell.

I've pre-ordered a black one from GAME online... I might just change my mind and go for a white one... Hmm, decisions, decisions...

Hmm... :blank:

Think I'm going to wait until Euro versions of the new WarioWare and PiCOPiCT are 100% confirmed.

As far as i'm aware, you can order it online from GAME and if you don't want it, return it to your local store with your invoice/recepit.

I'm expecting the price to go down before launch aswell.

Can you do that if it's faulty?

Decided to pre-order a white one at GAME.

Not too sure. I'd imagine it would depend on when you got it and if you have a receipt. Tohugh i'm not 100% on what their policy is.

Checked the GAME website and they say you can return it to a store so it should be alright.

yeah i work at GAME, you just need to bring in the invoice sent with the item. If you have a reward card they'll put your points back on it for you (if you've used any that is)

Pre-ordered me a white one from GAME with the SD Card, hope we have good titles to download on launch though

I'm tempted to pre-order. Just scouting for the best deal at the minute.

Game - I can use some points.

Play - Comes with a free accessory kit.

Edit- Bollocks to it, went and pre-ordered with GAME, used my points to get a fiver off. Just hope I have the money come release date xD.

I still expect it to go down. I can't believe it's £150 here when it'll be around £110 or so when you import it, not to mention the difference in pounds between the lite and DSi is bigger than the difference in dollars.

$129.99 - $169.99

£99.99 - £149.99

If it doesn't lower down then i'll cancel my pre-order. Wonder if NoE didn't release a price when the date got revealed so there wouldn't be a sort of 'backlash' at the price, but instead see how the pre-orders from stores are going. If it's a lot, keep the price, if not then lower it.

I was gonna order one of these from Play.com but the only trouble is if the DSi still has units with dead pixels like the previous two DS's did... on the launch of the DS Lite I went through no less than FIVE DS Lite units, I checked them before putting down any payment in Game and they ALL had dead pixels, so they then refused to open any more of the boxes and I got one from Woolworths in the end which was fine.

It's a bigger problem if I order a DSi from Play though and it then has a dead pixel because it probably won't be an easy return, on the other hand I don't actually want to go down to Game to buy it lol I hardly ever shop in there now, meh we shall see. :/

Am I the only one who is going to import? I figured the online content will be better in North America.

I still expect it to go down. I can't believe it's £150 here when it'll be around £110 or so when you import it, not to mention the difference in pounds between the lite and DSi is bigger than the difference in dollars.

$129.99 - $169.99

£99.99 - £149.99

If it doesn't lower down then i'll cancel my pre-order. Wonder if NoE didn't release a price when the date got revealed so there wouldn't be a sort of 'backlash' at the price, but instead see how the pre-orders from stores are going. If it's a lot, keep the price, if not then lower it.

While importing is logical, when you get it in retail in America, they then add the tax on (you'll end up having to pay customs if you import which will also raise the price), if you use 15% as the tax (just hypothetically, as that is our VAT), and then add that to the price of the US one and convert to GBP, it's pretty much level

It wouldn't be America I import it from, would be Canada. Not sure if there's tax from there aswell since everytime i've imported, I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary. And if it's from VG+, they mark it as a toy so you don't get customs. Even if you got some, it would still be cheaper than it is here.

I'm waiting till VG+ put up DSi's then i'll pre-order one, then see if the price gets lowered here, if not i'll import it.

I'll be buying an American one in China as soon as the prices get more realistig here. The current cheapest is 1400 RMB, which is about the same as the UK price.

Just read on Endgadget that there are more DSi colours... for Japan.

Nintendo DSi now in 3 more colors you can't buy

dsi_newcolor.jpg

Check it: three new colors of the Nintendo DSi just announced in Japan for the usual ¥18,900 starting March 20th. How's it feel to know that Nintendo is already working on secondary DSi colors when they've yet to launch outside of Japan? Not that it matters, Australia will be limited to the black and white DSi models starting April 2nd; Europe's will launch in choice of black or white starting April 3rd; and the US will get its DSi on April 5th in either black or blue injury to accompany the insult of ranking last.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/25/nintendo-dsi-now-in-3-more-colors-you-cant-buy/

I was just saying to / nando / the other day that they should do a see through purple one. Looks like we are one step closer to that becoming a reality!

But that's pink!

Is that yellow? I just remember thinking the lime green DS was yellow in the first pictures so don't want to get too excited. If that IS yellow then I will wait for this to come out in England and not buy one at launch